The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Peter Loughran's New 'Elevator' Street Levitation (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..14~15~16~17~18 [Next]
Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
3046 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
"A couple hundred Elevators are enroute...The next line will be out in a few weeks?"

Please, Peter, for heaven's sake, stop making them! I'm having nightmares of audiences being assaulted by an Elevator army.
Creator of The Xpert (20 PAGES of reviews!) and the Hands-Off Multiple ESP System ("Quality and design far exceed any ESP cards on the market"-Genii), and contributor to the ebook GOLD: When It HAS To Be Performance GOLD -- all at Penguin.
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
Well, in the US there are over 200 million persons. That leaves about 1 million per person to entertain with the Elevator. You figure it out world wide with 6 billion people.
Dennis Michael
MacGyver
View Profile
Inner circle
St. Louis, MO
1419 Posts

Profile of MacGyver
Just think of the ratio of people who do Balducci, or King Rising or zero gravity, or let's say trick decks like ID...

Now I'm sure more people have ID than Elevator and that's still a mystery!
XenoMagic
View Profile
Regular user
Where Am I?
121 Posts

Profile of XenoMagic
Quote:
I'm having nightmares of audiences being assaulted by an Elevator army.

An army of hundreds of hovering magicians going into battle... cool!

Who knows... could be a scene in the next Harry Potter film!

Leo Martin
"Watch closely and you'll see that my fingers never leave my hands"
<BR><BR>
<BR><BR>Leo Martin
<BR><BR>[email]Me@PlanetLeo.com[/email]
Platt
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1920 Posts

Profile of Platt
Everything's the next greatest miracle until it's been out for awhile. (When was the last time you saw a post on Kohler's Black Envelope.) Before we worry about everyone having the Elevator, let's worry about it really being as practical as we're all thinking. My guess is that it's not. I don't know Peter and I hope his illusion is the greatest thing ever. But c'mon people. Think about how much more accurate you'd be if you expected the worst every time you bought the next greatest thing.
I'm going with the numbers.
Sugar Rush is here! Freakishly visual magic. http://www.plattmagic.com
Chance Wolf
View Profile
Inner circle
2425 Posts

Profile of Chance Wolf
Platt, You must be real fun at a Party!
Chance Smile
Creator of Wacky Wolf Productions & Fine Collectibles

A DECADE of building Magic and we're just getting started!

http://www.wolfsmagic.com
marko
View Profile
Inner circle
2110 Posts

Profile of marko
I think Platt is just being honest and sensible. I also hope this will be something great (might have a better perspective if I could actually see the video), but let's not start mortaging our houses and planning to build a career on this.
Thought: Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2684 Posts

Profile of Peter Loughran
I never said this was the next greatest thing. All I have done is come up with an alternative to do the street levitation effect that works in better situations and in less controlled conditions. It's virtually the same effect, just better angles and fewer restrictions, that's all. And there is nothing misleading about that, because it's simply the truth.

Platt, for you to assume that it is a poor effect is your right, but you would think you would see it for yourself in your hands first before you trash it. That's only fair.

Marko,

If anyone tries to build a career on one effect then they are in the wrong business!

Anyway, did someone say party?
Smile

P.
Brand New: - SNAKE BITE ILLUSION
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:
https://m.facebook.com/peter.loughran.9

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Also visit: www.l2fireworks.com
marko
View Profile
Inner circle
2110 Posts

Profile of marko
No, Peter, it's not you who is hyping up the effect. You've answered every question honestly and helpfully. I commend you. But sometimes these things just get out of hand.
Thought: Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2684 Posts

Profile of Peter Loughran
Thanks Marko!

It wears you out after awhile. But I tried to do my best, I think that was only fair to my customers. I care about my customers.

Anyway, I'm sure the hype will die down the longer it has been released, because then it's not the "latest thing." That goes for any trick.

But for most people it is a small investment if you are a serious street performer. And really, that's who The Elevator was marketed for; serious performers, that want a quality prop that works well.

If someone is not serious about magic then they should save their money and buy the next $20.00 trick deck that comes out instead, as that may be more up their alley! Or if you're just learning magic, save your money and buy some books. Anyway, I think you see the point I am making.

Hopefully everyone will like the Elevator, but there will be some who don't, and again this goes for any trick. However, I think people with a good background in magic will truly apprectiate the cleverness in this invention.

I guess only time will tell now.

Thanks for your comments.

P.
Brand New: - SNAKE BITE ILLUSION
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:
https://m.facebook.com/peter.loughran.9

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Also visit: www.l2fireworks.com
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
I was trying out how to do this. I just realized, being overweight tilts me forward enough that I will really have to work on this to keep from falling over.

Can I do a body levitation on the floor 4 inches with the Elevator? Hee Hee!
Dennis Michael
Cole
View Profile
New user
Calgary
63 Posts

Profile of Cole
WHOA! This is amazing! I saw the demo and Peter has done it again. Great Magic!!! Smile
limhanchung
View Profile
Veteran user
Malaysia
342 Posts

Profile of limhanchung
Peter,
In your video, you touch your shoes for a while before you start to levitate. Is this move necesarry prior to the levitation?
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
limhanchung,
He already said that this is the minor "set up" required, but he has even come up with a way to do this without bending down. Correct me Peter, if I am wrong here.

Ivan

PS: Did you know that a spider uses IT for self levitation. And it has a shooting hook-up too. Smile
Yours,

Ivan
Rcitgo
View Profile
Special user
Emporia,Va.
734 Posts

Profile of Rcitgo
This is the first week in February, so does anybody know if HP has sent them out yet? I ordered mine with 2 day shipping and I'm chomping at the bit waiting for it. Smile
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5854 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Quote:
On 2003-02-02 19:55, Peter Loughran wrote:
...if you ordered from HP, you will have to wait until they ship it to you, which should be by the end of the week.

That is when they ship out and you can add shipping time to that. You are, likely, looking at the middle of next week for the earliest arrivals from HP.
Ron Giesecke
View Profile
Special user
Redding, Ca.
944 Posts

Profile of Ron Giesecke
As soon as somebody comes up with a levitation that omits the need for gratutitous placement of the spectator, that will be the one that trumps the others.

My rule of thumb here is: The minute Danny Hustle tells me he's using it with success is the minute I buy one outright.

I do have a feeling Peter may have done this, although this comes indirectly through channels that assure me this is an extremely clever idea.

Peter, I wish you the best on this, and I thank you for trying to solve the logistical problems that plague the other methods. The others have things to commend to them as well, but I would like nothing more than to be able to actually do this in the middle of a restaurant for a conciliatory group--and maybe there's a side to me that would like to shut down the pseudo-challenges emanating from Blaine's shutter-chicanery as well.
yoey2000
View Profile
Regular user
127 Posts

Profile of yoey2000
It's really hard to make a decision with the bad quality of the video. When is the new one going to be released?

Also, do actually both feet go up? Can the heels and the front of both feet be seen going up? Can it be done from the front and side angles at the same time?

Thanks.
XenoMagic
View Profile
Regular user
Where Am I?
121 Posts

Profile of XenoMagic
Yoey2000,

I say give it just a couple more days, and there'll be such a massive flood of reviews, it may even rival this topic in the amount of overall posts and views.

Leo Martin
"Watch closely and you'll see that my fingers never leave my hands"
<BR><BR>
<BR><BR>Leo Martin
<BR><BR>[email]Me@PlanetLeo.com[/email]
sludge
View Profile
Special user
milton keynes, england
529 Posts

Profile of sludge
I second that request for a decent quality video!

I have tried a few times to view it on a 2MB ADSL line to no avail.

I don't care if it's a 30 or 40 MB download, but Real format sucks. Quicktime would be great.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Peter Loughran's New 'Elevator' Street Levitation (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..14~15~16~17~18 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL