The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Peter Loughran's New 'Elevator' Street Levitation (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..12~13~14~15~16~17~18 [Next]
Adam V
View Profile
Special user
603 Posts

Profile of Adam V
Is there any chance the video will be converted to AVI or MPEG format and uploaded so we can just download it? I have a poxy dial-up connection so trying to watch a 14mb streamed video file is like trying to shove my head through a clarinet.
Adam V - 9 out of 10 dentists recommend him.
Corey K
View Profile
Special user
Rhode Island
502 Posts

Profile of Corey K
An mpeg would definitely be of better quality, but you know the thing about mpegs -- HUGE file sizes. I think this is why Peter opted to go with the .rm.

Den, I'd say I have a solid background in magic -- I'm still floored by the video!
Corey King
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Profile of Peter Loughran
Ok the downloadble vid should be on our site by Friday.

Well even if you do end up figuring it out by watching the video over and over, you can be rest assured your audience won't figure it out as they will only see it once. This is why magicians don't show a trick twice, and its twice as bad when you show a magician a trick twice...lol.

Dennis if you do indeed know the method, then thanks for seeing the cleverness in the invention, and wait until you see the design, its quite cool I must admit, and it is so well constructed that it will last you a life time. I just wanted to be upfront with everyone and have them view a video that would show them what it looks like if they were actually there.

The release of the product is right on scheduel and Hocus-Pocus will be recieving their units by Tuesday. They will then ship to their customers. I will be shipping direct to my customers on Tuesday aswell.

P.
Brand New: - SNAKE BITE ILLUSION
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:
https://m.facebook.com/peter.loughran.9

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Also visit: www.l2fireworks.com
MacGyver
View Profile
Inner circle
St. Louis, MO
1419 Posts

Profile of MacGyver
Just wondering Mr. Loughran, how long will the introductory price last?

Right now I was trying to save the money for it, but I could always put myself into debt and buy it now if the price wasn't going to last another month or so...I really don't want to be caught without one!!!

And just wondering, after the initial pre-order, will there be a long wait before more elevators are produced, or can you produce them fast enough for the demand?
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Profile of Peter Loughran
Im hoping to keep the introductory price as the final price. We are simply experimenting with different suppliers for this effect at the moment. so as long as we can continue to buy our supplies and the cost of manufacturing and labour remains the same, etc. The price will stay as is.

Well we are almost sold out of the intial run of the product, the next lot will be a couple of weeks behind, but because of the huge demand we will be manufacturing double the amount of units this time. SO not to worry to much.

Save your money, I don't want you to go into debt, The Elevator will be there for you when you are ready.

P.
Brand New: - SNAKE BITE ILLUSION
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:
https://m.facebook.com/peter.loughran.9

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Also visit: www.l2fireworks.com
Cyclone
View Profile
New user
USA
52 Posts

Profile of Cyclone
Quote:
On 2003-01-29 20:24, Peter Loughran wrote:

This is why magicians don't show a trick twice, and its twice as bad when you show a magician a trick twice...lol.

Or you can do a "surprise" trick for the same person next time you see him (her) *wink* *wink*

I think you should add another $100 dollars to the price after this special introductory deal Peter Smile
I'm Your Daddy
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
I too am floored by the video, and I no longer want to think logically and figure out how things work.

Many years I ago I gave up trying to figure out how magic is done. I go for the enjoyment of the presentation and humor. Knowing how it is done ruins the illusion and I want the illusion to be real as I am drawn into the entertainment aspect of a show. It is easier to pass on the illusion if one believes in the illusion.
Dennis Michael
Sean Leo
View Profile
New user
Singapore
5 Posts

Profile of Sean Leo
Peter, will you limit the production of the Elevator? I don't wish to see one day I'm performing to someone who also own a Elevator.
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
The only thing not asked Peter is how many floors does the elevator go up. Impatiently waiting for mine.
Mikael Eriksson
View Profile
Inner circle
None of your business
1064 Posts

Profile of Mikael Eriksson
I'll ask a question that you will laugh at, but it's unfortunately reality for me.

I'm bowlegged. Can I still use the gimmick without it beeing seen?

I also have a tip about what to show in the new videoclip. Don't just show the legs. Show the entire body in at least one occasion on the clip.

I really long to buy this...

Mikael
FTAMagician
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of FTAMagician
I was talking to a lady friend on here earlier (chat room) and was telling her how I can levitate...and NOT how the "street magician" does!! *** that's FUN to say!!! You know..we just HAVE to keep this levitation away from the "public" ("bless 'em"....Carl Denham in King Kong 1933) as far as how it's done!!! Most of 'em know the Balducci so lets let it stay that way and use it like it was suggested way earlier (by Peter I think!!??)...do the Balducci...then turn around and KILL 'em with the Elevator...and make SURE they never know how it's done!!!!!
Ben721
View Profile
Veteran user
314 Posts

Profile of Ben721
I have a question that I don't think has been asked. Yes I know you can do it with bare feet, and in shoes. Now my question is, could you levitate with shoes first, then immidietly afterwards take your shoes and socks off and levitate again, or if you want to do it bare feet you need to take the gimmick off or something and put it back on.
thanks.
Check out my new effect "As Good As It Gets" a gimmickles pencil or pen through bill effect. It closely mimmicks the slow motion phase of "Misled." About "As Good AS It Gets" for no gimmicks and everything being borrowed.
http://www.magic-notes.com/th
KevinKM99
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of KevinKM99
Please, everyone, relax.

I know I'm a new member here, but I must chime in. First off, I've never seen so much buzz surrounding one item. And we don't even know if it's going to be a hit or a dud yet.

Second, the Internet has both been a blessing and falling for magic. I understand people want to be the next David Blaine (and don't deny it, if it weren't for him, there wouldn't be 276 posts about a street levitation). Mr. Loughran has been nice enough to answer all of our questions regarding his product, and we should just back off, wait for the item to be released then go from there.

The basis for some of the questions are proposerous -- I can NOT see a performing condition in which we worry about levitating with shoes on, take it off, do it barefoot and worry if we flash the gimmick throughout.

Or, we have questions like this: "Umm, so say I was playing basketball but I sprained my ankle during a game. Would I be able to do The Elevator on a beach, with shorts on, the sun shining from behind with people 270 degrees around me? If you say yes, THEN I'll consider buying it."

Common sense folks.

Lets not bombard Mr. Loughran anymore and try to figure out the trick. There are many products we have purchased just by reading the ad, and now they're in the bottom compartment of our bedroom drawer. For "The Elevator," we've been given a two-minute video and 10 pages of Q&A from the creator. Let's just be patient. Good things come to those who wait.

And on a little side-rant of mine, I know people want to get as much posts as they can so they could reach some special "100 post member's page" plateau. But try to not take up so much of Steve Brook's pages...like by writing "Yeah, I can't wait to get it too!" and calling that one post. Try to write something of substance, and to use a Café analogy (since we are at the Magic Café), I'd take a grande cappucino over 10 cups of gas station coffee any day of the week.

Respectfully,
Kevin

(And yes, I put my order in for "The Elevator" as well.)
XenoMagic
View Profile
Regular user
Where Am I?
112 Posts

Profile of XenoMagic
We've had WAY more questions answered about this illusion than 99 percent of all other illusions out there. I believe Peter has done a great job (beyond the call of duty) in trying to answer each and every concern or question about his levitation... but at this point I say... please give the man a rest! Let's be honest... this topic is just turning into one big information loop!

Leo Martin
"Watch closely and you'll see that my fingers never leave my hands"
<BR><BR>
<BR><BR>Leo Martin
<BR><BR>[email]Me@PlanetLeo.com[/email]
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
If the presentation is done right, yes you can take your shoes off and do it again. BUT like any illusion, each time it is done repeatively, the more the viewer is watching for the secret, that is why presentation is so important.

A second time, failure, a third time failure, It doesn't seem to be working then wham... a surprise float and end.

As you can see my mine is working on a routine for a second time but I won't impress the viewers with my big toes hanging out of my sock.
Dennis Michael
Ben721
View Profile
Veteran user
314 Posts

Profile of Ben721
Thanks. soon as I get the money I want to buy it. Also, by the way I have followed this topic, and my question wasn't asked before. I just wanted to clear that up.
Check out my new effect "As Good As It Gets" a gimmickles pencil or pen through bill effect. It closely mimmicks the slow motion phase of "Misled." About "As Good AS It Gets" for no gimmicks and everything being borrowed.
http://www.magic-notes.com/th
Terry
View Profile
New user
93 Posts

Profile of Terry
I cant wait!
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3176 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
I already have a lot of levitations, from simple Balducci to Fearson's box, to Zero G, and have seen a number of others that looked pretty good in their own area, King's rising and In-Flight come to mind.

But from what Peter has said, and what I have seen - Elevator is a very special levitiation effect.

Peter is the consumate professional, and a terrificly creative magic mind. His Ultimate Dancing cane is terrific, and way under priced for the performance value of it. Elevator is another one of those type of products from Peter.

I certainly don't intend to be the last magician on the planet to have one of these! My order is already in place.

But my advice to you all, is to forget the video. Don't buy one. Forget about it....

I want to be one of a few who amazes the skeptics with this one.

BroDavid
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
Cyclone
View Profile
New user
USA
52 Posts

Profile of Cyclone
Quote:
KevinKM99 wrote:

And on a little side-rant of mine, I know people want to get as much posts as they can so they could reach some special "100 post member's page" plateau. But try to not take up so much of Steve Brook's pages...like by writing "Yeah, I can't wait to get it too!" and calling that one post.

Quote:
Terry wrote:

I cant wait!

Sorry just thought it was funny Smile
I'm Your Daddy
sokarnl
View Profile
Regular user
151 Posts

Profile of sokarnl
It is really amazing how long this thread is and nobody has thee effect yet. Can you imagine how long this thread will be when the effects comes out.

It has been said before, it is because the creator is answering all our questions. I hope he will be rewarded for his efforts.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Peter Loughran's New 'Elevator' Street Levitation (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..12~13~14~15~16~17~18 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL