We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Peter Loughran's New 'Elevator' Street Levitation (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..16~17~18 [Next]
gtxby33
View Profile
Veteran user
347 Posts

Profile of gtxby33
Lol mid-air rotation...what really startles me is that it is a "device".... lol how weird...Good luck on the levitation. By the way Peter, is the device one of those things were you say "How did I not think of that?" after you buy it? Smile

-Max
white hats rule.
Corey K
View Profile
Special user
Rhode Island
502 Posts

Profile of Corey K
Did you see the picture? It looks even better than the video! A full size picture is available at Hocus-pocus.com.

I'm sure the device is one of those "Why didn't I think of that?", like most tricks. The thing is, Peter DID think of it Smile.
Corey King
XenoMagic
View Profile
Regular user
Where Am I?
121 Posts

Profile of XenoMagic
Hey Corey, thanks for the heads up about Hocus-pocus.com . Looks like they've already struck a deal to sell Peter's levitation and hope to ship the first week in Feb. I've already got my order in... woohoo!

Leo Martin
"Watch closely and you'll see that my fingers never leave my hands"
<BR><BR>
<BR><BR>Leo Martin
<BR><BR>[email]Me@PlanetLeo.com[/email]
Corey K
View Profile
Special user
Rhode Island
502 Posts

Profile of Corey K
No problem! By the way, no I'm not a spokesman for Peter's levitation Smile. I am just excited that there is another levitation out, and that picture DOES look great!

Max, no my levitation wasn't inspired from Steve's FFF. I am good friends with Steve, though. He is the God of Levitation!
Corey King
magic559
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of magic559
I want to put in a pre-order so so bad....

but could you answer this one question, which I don't think has been addressed yet?

Is this an effect that could be done in an impromptu situation, basically meaning... could I, practically speaking, have this set at all time to do... even when I'm not planning on performing?

I think that would be amazing....

Either way, I'll probably still order. Just would like to know this.

thanks
-bp
Corey K
View Profile
Special user
Rhode Island
502 Posts

Profile of Corey K
Well, if you don't plan on performing than why would you have the gimmick set up? Smile

Just playing. From the information I've gathered, I would say that if you have the gimmick set-up, you can perform it at any time, anywhere. Of course, I do not know what the gimmick is, so don't quote me on that one...but I'm almost positive that it's possible.
Corey King
Outlawz_311
View Profile
New user
Minesotta
92 Posts

Profile of Outlawz_311
Quote:
On 2003-01-14 19:18, Peter Loughran wrote:
I am trying to keep it as affordable as possible, and it will be under $100.00 that's all I can say at this point.

Technically it's over a $100 if you add shipping and handling Smile
"Ashtonishment is our state of mind" - Paul Harris
www.STGmastaz.150m.com
hackmonkey
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1093 Posts

Profile of hackmonkey
So far I have resisted all of the marketed lev's with the exception of Corey's. I never felt they were any stronger than the old Balducci. But if this is even half as good as the picture it should be worth it and $100 is pretty cheap for a mechanical wozit. I think I will put in a pre-order.
Look behind you...on your left...thats the real world.

http://www.instagram.com/JoePiperMagic
XenoMagic
View Profile
Regular user
Where Am I?
121 Posts

Profile of XenoMagic
Well, for those hesitant on shelling out the dough before it's released, rest assured that I will post a review here the very same day I receive it. But if it's as good as we all hope, then I predict a serious backorder after the first production run.

Leo Martin
<BR><BR>
<BR><BR>Leo Martin
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2684 Posts

Profile of Peter Loughran
Well to answer some more questions,

Gtxby33,

I don't see whats so wierd about inventing a device to aid you an illusion Smile
Laugh it you want, but beleive it or not yes you can perform a quater turn rotation with the aid of 2 spectators standing next to you holding your hands, you can trun in mid air from the front to the side and back again.
Also yes you will open up the contents and say wow this is clever and why didn't I think of that?...But you didn't, so if you like the effect then buy it to support my invention. You see when people find out the secret of the gimmick I have no doubt in my mind that a select few unethical people will try to duplicate the device themselves in order to save a couple of bucks. But you see if I were to find myself getting ripped of alot, I simply will stop releasing my products, rather than sharing new magic and new methods to the magic community for all to enjoy. I am not trying to deceive people with the ad, nor am I trying to make it seem better than it is. The device is simple but I simply want everyone to know what you can really do with this. But Im not asking you or anyone else to buy the effect, its simply there if you want it.

magic559,

Heres what you do, you wake up in the morning and set it up (which takes less than 3 seconds) you walk out the door and begin levitating for people anywhere, anytime, all day long. I wouldn't sleep with it though...lol

I just wanted to bring the world what Mr. Blaine did but without the camera tricks. I wonder if he will buy one...lol?

And just a quick note to Corey, No he is not a spokesperson for me. Infact I guess you could say we are in competion now. I think he was sincerly happy for me an knows what it takes to come up with a new method for self levitating. I love King Rising, and it was a bit of an inspiration for me, and all I have done is come up with a new method to an old effect.

I have just finished closing a deal with Hocus Pocus they will be my exclusive dealer of the effect for now. You may also buy it from me direct and its listed on my site now, with the video to follow shortly.

Enjoy!

P.
Brand New: - SNAKE BITE ILLUSION
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:
https://m.facebook.com/peter.loughran.9

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Also visit: www.l2fireworks.com
Corey K
View Profile
Special user
Rhode Island
502 Posts

Profile of Corey K
I really am sincerely happy for you, Peter. It's tough to come up with a method for levitating while still trying to think outside of the box. I can just imagine what you went through trying to come up with your levitation.

I am in total support of The Elevator, and I'll be one of your first customers. I hope you sell a ton of 'em, and I'm SURE you will!
Corey King
MagicMan1957
View Profile
Inner circle
1447 Posts

Profile of MagicMan1957
Hey, the picture on the HOCUS POCUS web site looks absolutely *&^% $$@#$% &*(&^^% INCREDIBLE!!! Congrats, PETER.
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4934 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
I already ordered it too!!!
Thanks Peter, this is just what I needed.
$100 bucks, com'on guys, support Peter!
Cheers,
James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
Steve Knight
View Profile
Elite user
Oxford U.K.
476 Posts

Profile of Steve Knight
What a shame that such a brilliant idea is being sold so cheaply. How long before the rip-off's appear and the exposure starts I wonder? Quite soon no doubt, especially given that at least one contributer to this thread is already guilty of such behaviour. You know who you are.
Outlawz_311
View Profile
New user
Minesotta
92 Posts

Profile of Outlawz_311
Quote:
On 2003-01-16 00:40, Steve Knight wrote:
What a shame that such a brilliant idea is being sold so cheaply.

Cheaply? A $100 dollar spending money doesn't come that often for me Steve. My GF would kill me if she finds out I've spent a $100 for one trick Smile

I did sold four of my PS2 games just so I can pre-order Peter's Elevator trick though Smile
"Ashtonishment is our state of mind" - Paul Harris
www.STGmastaz.150m.com
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
If the angles are so good and it can be performed in such an impromptu way, then without any doubt it will be the best street levitation out there.

100$ is cheap, but not too cheap for us students who are still in the beginning phases of magic. But it is still a good price. Thanks Peter. This will be another purchase from you, apart from the Ultimate Cane.

And Guys. Do take care of this illusion when it comes out. Do not over expose it. It is for everybody's good and for Magic's. I would still be able to perform with ease here in Malta as we are far away from you, and I am sure it will not be exposed here. It is for you that I am saying this.

Another question. Peter, will you be selling this at FISM this year. I would save the postage to Malta. Thanks again.

Ivan
Yours,

Ivan
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
Peter you can also look at me as another buyer preordering it. Looks great in the picture at Hocus Pocus.
Mehtas
View Profile
Inner circle
England, UK
1650 Posts

Profile of Mehtas
Peter,

Can I ask few Q's about it,

Do you rise parralel off the ground or
sort of lift up your heels and then lift up
your toes??

Is it easy to walk around freely wearing
the gimmick??

Thanks
Joao Miranda
View Profile
Elite user
Portugal
403 Posts

Profile of Joao Miranda
Is the videoclip already ready?
XenoMagic
View Profile
Regular user
Where Am I?
121 Posts

Profile of XenoMagic
$100 may be a little steep for some, but I have to be honest... I was expecting a much higher price when I first read about it, so I was relieved. If it indeed does what's advertised, it's gonna be the levitation bargain of the decade.

I have to agree though, that it is unfortunate that the lower a great trick is priced, the quicker it's secrets seem to get divulged... which is why I feel Corey probably underpriced KR. I imagine it's tough for those in the business to decide how to price these things as there seems to be some real pros and cons no matter how you price them.

Let's hope the secret behind Peter's Elevator will remain such for a long time.

Leo Martin
<BR><BR>
<BR><BR>Leo Martin
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Peter Loughran's New 'Elevator' Street Levitation (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..16~17~18 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.27 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL