The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Funny methods (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Cheety
View Profile
Regular user
Melbourne
190 Posts

Profile of Cheety
I have three envelopes with 1 having a bill in it. I burn the other 2. What kind of stupid explanations are there to tell the audience the method I use to find this? I am going to tell it with a serious face. I was thinking of a scientific explanation, but it doesn't have to be one.
Thanks a great deal.

P.S. I will be burning the wrong envelope.
Mostly Harmless ^_^
bitterman
View Profile
Inner circle
1189 Posts

Profile of bitterman
As we know, Sri Lankan money is printed with mercury in the ink, to help foil counterfeiting. As I touch the envelope with the mercury-cured money in it, I can actually feel the foul stuff seeping into my skin.

That's how I can tell which envelope is which. Thus I risk my health and well being just to entertain you. Please don't clap. Throw money. I will gladly risk further exposure to the mercury, because that's the kind of guy I am.
If you are not cheating, you are only cheating yourself.

Dutchco is about to put out some new Ebook: DUTCHCO. Get 'em while you can.
Cheety
View Profile
Regular user
Melbourne
190 Posts

Profile of Cheety
Thanks!
Mostly Harmless ^_^
Cheety
View Profile
Regular user
Melbourne
190 Posts

Profile of Cheety
I also got one more thing, once I have finished playing with him about the money being gone, I was going to do a normal bill change with a TT. Is there a better way (funny) to do this?
Mostly Harmless ^_^
Cheety
View Profile
Regular user
Melbourne
190 Posts

Profile of Cheety
So this is what I have come up with. Can someone give me any tips to improve on this please? (Paul Zenon inspired 1 or 2 lines)

Now, the 1000-rupee note is printed using special magnetic ink. The ink contains trace amounts of crystallized carbon. Your fingernails have some calcium.

As you all know if you pass calcium over crystallized carbon you reverse the polarization of the carbon causing it to vibrate and it starts giving out heat. So what I’m going to do is look for the heat using the nerve endings on my fingertips.

I know what you’re saying; this won’t work if you don’t use ultra violet light. What I have here is a UV emitter. Some of you are thinking that this is just an ordinary torch. So that you won’t get confused, I have labeled it UV emitter.
Mostly Harmless ^_^
sniper1
View Profile
Veteran user
malta eu
343 Posts

Profile of sniper1
I don't know. You seem to be over complicating things too much. I use the 3-envelope thing [or I actually used to] for my bill in lemon routine.

I used to focus on the spectators psychic ability, and that he will by innate ability leave the envelope containing the bill unharmed. Of course when they opened the unburned envelope it was empty, or contained a blank slip saying a funny message, where upon I would say something along the lines of oops!

This doesn't usually happen, where upon I would produce a small brush and brush the contents of the cinder and ash left in the tray into a small plastic bag and instruct the spectator to take that bag to the central bank and explain that you loaned a bill to this magician who made a small miscalculation, blah blah blah, and don't worry.

Yes the central bank does have a special section, which caters to magician related incidents.
I'm sure you get the picture by now
The rest is up to you
THE MOST CRAZY MAGICIAN ON THE MALTESE ISLANDS
Cheety
View Profile
Regular user
Melbourne
190 Posts

Profile of Cheety
Thanks a lot. I will consider that 1 too. I realized I had less time than I thought. I was going to have, so I might do something like what you said.
Mostly Harmless ^_^
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Funny methods (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL