We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » Jerry Andrus Is Terminally Ill (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2316 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
I spoke with George Olson yesterday, and with Jerry's permission, as you may have read on the Genii board, we also would like to pass on the terrible news that cancer has spread to his bones. This is a sad time in magic.

As you have read above, the oldest continually opperating club, the Portland Society of Magicians held a surprise presentation and show for Jerry honoring his life and legacy in magic on March 3rd 2007.

If you would like to post your thoughts, prayers, and wishes to Jerry, please feel free to post them here. You may also contact George Olson directly to make sure that Jerry gets to read the kind messages. His email address is poof.magic@comcast.net

Brian
Hart Keene
View Profile
Inner circle
Eugene, OR
1486 Posts

Profile of Hart Keene
I just posted this in another area...

I was honored to have Jerry come and watch me perform last night at one of the restaurants. I know he is in a great deal of pain so I was very surprised to see him.

I have known Jerry ever since I started in magic and I will never forget the time he took to help me along the way. He is full of wonderfull theory, stories of old times, and of course, magic and illusion!. He was a good friend of The Professor and countless other legends of our art. Needless to say his magic was truly one of a kind and will never be duplicated.

It will be a sad day in Magicdom when we lose this great man.

Jerry Andrus, the guy who you could fool with his own magic(I saw it happen a few times!)

Jerry Andrus, a living legend....

I will miss you Jerry. We love you and will never forget you. Thank you for everything old friend...
-Hart

Check out my website:
Magician Portland Oregon
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17197 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
Disturbing news, but the final curtain hasn't rung down yet. Here's hopping Jerry has one more great trick in him.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
bcookmagic
View Profile
Elite user
seattle wa
476 Posts

Profile of bcookmagic
This is true....I was hoping to see him at Kramiens...I may have to make another trip south to visit the master. B
If your not having fun doing what your doing....dont do it!
WWW.BRIANCOOKMAGIC.COM
Andy the cardician
View Profile
Inner circle
A street named after my dad
3370 Posts

Profile of Andy the cardician
Sometimes magic and miracles do happen. Let us pray for that.
Cards never lie
Swifty34
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of Swifty34
Let's hope he gets better...
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
Hang in there Jerry! You are truly an inspiration to me and I an honored to perform a couple of your routines. Thanks for your help and patience. You are in my prayers...

Justin Style
magicpro212
View Profile
Loyal user
213 Posts

Profile of magicpro212
We all have to Dissapear some time...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » Jerry Andrus Is Terminally Ill (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL