We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The marquee says... » » Tomasko- Japan/Asia tour '06 ended (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MattWayne
View Profile
Special user
Manhattan, NY | Studio City, CA
624 Posts

Profile of MattWayne
Well gang,

The 2006 Japan/Asia tour has finally come to an end. One year and one month later, seven countries- Asia, I'll miss you!

I met so many great people from this experience. Magicians, you guys are awesome! Japanese, Thai, Korean, Malaysian, residents of Guam- you guys rocked! I hope to get photos back up on my website of all these places as soon as I get home. This has been so much fun and I can't wait to go do it again.

I'm currently sitting here in L.A just pondering and reliving some of the experiences I had. Many are coming to mind.

Memory #1:
I remember one day I was walking through a park in Japan- Fukuoka, Jp. and I sat down at a park bench. There was this old man; must've been in his late 70s approached me. He wanted to show me some magic. Go figure- a guy wants to show me some tricks, and he had no clue of my tour or my magic. So, I let him. It was such a unique experience watching this old street guy work. Professors nightmare was performed for me and sponge balls. I then applauded and cheered him on in Japanese. Gave him 500 yen (which is equivalent to about four dollars and .75 cents American.) I then took out my touring poster and gave him one. This old guy nearly fell over! He was so shocked that I too was a magician. It was great fun.

Then the REAL experience came. We then walked over to a park table. This old man took out a candle (it was getting rather dark outside) and lit it with a match. Dribbled some of the wax down onto the table and stuck the candle to the wood. He then took half a plastic coke bottle top and put it on top of the candle. It was like a glowing lamp!! We then both exchanged card magic tricks and coin handling. THIS was so amazing. I have video of this guy performing some card tricks for me on my mobile phone- he floored me. He fooled me with this one card effect and to this day; I can't remember how he did it. And he wouldn't tell me!! Well, I didn't ask. It was that magic feeling all over again. We laughed for about two hours in the dark; with that candle light, and had a blast. Never saw him again after that!

Memory #2:

Guam. Ah, the beaches of Guam. They were remarkably amazing. I recount three times visiting Guam for shows for U.S Marines stationed there. One of those trips was a leisure trip, the other two times were for USO work. There's nothing quite like Guam. A small island- verrry small- but the people are so nice. Got to meet, greet, and befriend Steve Wheeler. He has his ice skating/magic show in Guam still currently at the SandCastle. The show was amazing and I loved getting the chance to go into the tiger cages. That's still my most vivid memory. Steve is a great guy and friend now. Can't wait to go back to Guam! Then there were the local magicians. Stephen Weiss I believe, and another guy named Ryan Anderson. I met up with them and we had lunch one day and shared magic. Ryan was a good young performer who was very entertaining. Stephen then escourted me to one of Ryans shows that day and I got to see the guy work. I was interesting watching this guy perform. I wish the best for him. I loved seeing that crystal clear water too right by his show! Stephen, Ryan- all the best to you both. Hopefully I'll see you again if I bring my show back to the Marriot!

Memory #3:

South Korea.

Well not too much to say about Korea. I flew into there to perform once for an Army base USO gig. Got to go out into the town, and well I tried to perform. I kept getting interrupted by people wanting me to buy things. Didn't work out to well. One guy interrupted me and insisted I buy a carton of cigarettes! Alas... not too much to say about my stay in Korea. I'm sure it's a beautiful place elsewhere, but I wasn't too impressed. Pohang, Korea. I hopefully will get to go to there again someday and see more of it.

Well anyway- I may write more later. Got to get going here though. Hope to tell you more in time!

All the best,
Tomasko
Matt Wayne
The Celebrity Magician™
www.CelebrityMagician.com / youtube.com/celebritymagician / twitter.com/RealMattWayne /
Facebook.com/CelebrityMagician

Creator of, 'Got a Light?' and others.
Spokesperson behind, TouchTricks
emeline
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of emeline
Matt,

I am sorry, I asked you in my last PM what were your best "souvenirs" of your tour in Asia, but I didn't see you wrote this message! Smile

I really love your memory with the old man! Could you show me your video? Thank you!

Your french friend!
Emeline
MattWayne
View Profile
Special user
Manhattan, NY | Studio City, CA
624 Posts

Profile of MattWayne
Emeline,

The video is on my Japanese phone. I don't think I could upload it, but if I come to France like I'm planning too- I may remember to bring the phone along to show you!

best,
Matt
Matt Wayne
The Celebrity Magician™
www.CelebrityMagician.com / youtube.com/celebritymagician / twitter.com/RealMattWayne /
Facebook.com/CelebrityMagician

Creator of, 'Got a Light?' and others.
Spokesperson behind, TouchTricks
emeline
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of emeline
Matt,

I will be pleased !

Best,
Emeline
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The marquee says... » » Tomasko- Japan/Asia tour '06 ended (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL