The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Burning Envelopes in Burned Bill Routine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
sdmagic
View Profile
Special user
697 Posts

Profile of sdmagic
Here's a thought:

1) Go to Amazon.com (here's the link)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0006OL......e=380341

2) Buy this portable SHREDDER (you can also get it at your local drug store)

3) Convert your "bill burning" routine to a "bill shredding" routine...

No fire. No hassle with restaurant managers or fire departments. Similar effect.

People understand what shredders do, so it is a familiar item.

Give it a try!

sdmagic
Dan Paulus
View Profile
Veteran user
Utah is isolated from the real world by
343 Posts

Profile of Dan Paulus
For indoor shows you can use rubbing alcohol instead of lighter fluid. It burns well and smells like a hospital.
There is no great genius without a mixture of madness. - Aristotle
Aristotle

www.danscomedymagic.com
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3631 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
That's a interesting idea. I'm gonna be doing some envelope burning soon, ill give that a try in my test runs
Sealegs
View Profile
Inner circle
The UK, Portsmouth
2597 Posts

Profile of Sealegs
Just stumbled across this old thread while looking for another and had this idea.

Use a small dove/chick pan. Put your smokeless burning accelerant/combustible fluid in the pan, set light to it initially without the envelopes, throw the envelopes in and before there's too much smoke put the lid on the chick pan. When you lift the lid you're left with the ash of the envelopes in the pan which you will have pre loaded in the gimmick.

tah dah

Neal
Neal Austin

"The golden rule is that there are no golden rules." G.B. Shaw
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3631 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
I think that's a good idea neal. thank you
tpax
View Profile
Elite user
Columbia, Maryland
443 Posts

Profile of tpax
I use an orange extract in my lighter fluid for my fire wallet to cut the smell. It helps. You can find it in the grocery store with the spices.
paulneeds
View Profile
New user
Wales, UK
4 Posts

Profile of paulneeds
Quote:
On 2007-07-05 18:42, tpax wrote:
I use an orange extract in my lighter fluid for my fire wallet to cut the smell. It helps. You can find it in the grocery store with the spices.

I'm gonna try this - hate the stink of my wallet. has a smell of.. emptiness about it as well as the naptha!
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
A review on the above Amazon Shredder says you cannot shred more than a single sheet ... so it MIGHT NOT do an envelope with something inside.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Spydur
View Profile
Special user
PDX, now San Diego...back to PDX
966 Posts

Profile of Spydur
I use the manila envelopes size 12" x 9" it really adds to the tension. HAHAHA Just kidding. I have never done a burning envelope routine using a bill before.

However has anyone tried placing flash paper in the envelope with the "bill"? Or perhaps some sparkle powder? Please be careful when using any additive. I am just wondering if anyone has tried it.

Corey
Daniel Faith
View Profile
Inner circle
Neenah, Wisconsin
1526 Posts

Profile of Daniel Faith
To avoid problems, one should never just put lighter fluid in a pan and light it.
It sloshes around too easily and can cause some major problems and accidents.
I use a small frying type pan but I put a large piece of wick material in the pan
and just get it saturated with the lighter fluid. It would be next to impossible to have an accident this way. Also always have a lid handy in case you need it to extinguish the flame.
Daniel Faith
squando
View Profile
Elite user
444 Posts

Profile of squando
A wet towel or even a portable fire extinguisher are good choices.
Frank
brody
View Profile
Inner circle
Omaha
1313 Posts

Profile of brody
The above shredder is unavailable. There was an explanation in MUM a while back on turning a portable shredder into a roller style bill machine, which I really like the idea of.

You put the bill in the top, press the button, and a duplicate "pre-shredded" bill comes out the bottom. Original bill untouched.

If anyone knows of where to find the battery operated shredder, would appreciate a shout out.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Burning Envelopes in Burned Bill Routine (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL