The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Fund-Raise Run (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Wayne Brockway
View Profile
Regular user
Michigan, U.S.A.
104 Posts

Profile of Wayne Brockway
Hello,

I'm considering taking a job in a couple of months. It is for a non-profit organization. The event is going to be advertised to the public. The event is a marathon run-race open to anyone wanting to run. They are going to sell tickets for a magic show (possibly me). If I recall, the group runs for cancer research. What should I charge? My regular fee, work with them based on the ticket sale percentage, and/or I was thinking about them paying and including my show information with all their advertising. I appreciate any help from the experts with this type of gig!

Wayne...
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20493 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Wayne, this has been batted about ad nauseum. If you use the search function, you will find lots of arguments and points on the subject.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Jim Snack
View Profile
Inner circle
1338 Posts

Profile of Jim Snack
Just split the door with them. If you can draw a good sized crowd, you will earn what you are worth and everybody wins. If you can't draw a crowd, you can use it as a learning experience and do something to draw a crowd. Search this forum and you will find lots of ideas for promoting a show. If you don't want to do the work to promote the show, don't take the booking. If you do, there is a good chance that everybody will lose!

Jim
Jim Snack

"Helping Magicians Succeed with Downloadable Resources"
www.success-in-magic.com
jakeg
View Profile
Inner circle
1736 Posts

Profile of jakeg
I've always felt that to have a successful fund raiser you should insist that tickets be sold in advance, as well as at the door. I used to number tickets, making the sponsor responsible for any missing tickets. Since I was doing school shows, I would ask the PTA/PTO to give a ticket to any child who couldn't afford one and keep an accounting of it. (No kid should ever miss a magic show under those circumstances.)
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Charge whatever fee you think would work best for you, and give them something extra for their money. But first, negotiate your fee.
Al Angello
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Fund-Raise Run (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL