The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Seed Germination (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Harry R
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of Harry R
Geller is the only mentalist I have ever seen germinating seeds with the mind.

Is there anyone else out there still creating this effect?
PK
View Profile
Regular user
131 Posts

Profile of PK
English mentalist/magician Marc Paul did this on his cable mentalism show in the UK called 'Mind Games'.

For anyone wondering the show was on the now defunked 'Live TV' channel.

Kevin
sandman690
View Profile
Loyal user
230 Posts

Profile of sandman690
Hi,

If you can get your hands on Al Mann's book "The Incredible Feats of Jason Michaels" there is an approach by yours truly under the title "Gellers Growth".

Stan Alexander
vratkins
View Profile
Regular user
New Orleans USA
151 Posts

Profile of vratkins
I don't know who's still doing it, but I've read that the effect was done by Madame Blavatsky (sp?) and her Theosophists. So at least the concept goes way back.

It is a very "psychic" effect in concept, you know, power over the life force, etc.. I liked it so much I came up with a handling of my own.
Regards,
Victor
Ian Rowland
View Profile
Special user
London
876 Posts

Profile of Ian Rowland
A British 'genuine' psychic called Geoffrey Boltwood, quite active in the early 90s, used to feature seed germination in his repertoire, and indeed was involved in some 'proper scientific tests'.

I saw Boltwood go through his repertoire at a big get-together organised by Psychic News in the early 90s. Spoon-bending, causing radio interference, seed germination... you name it, he copied it. I personally didn't see anything that looked genuine to me, but then I probably wouldn't. The believers around me were suitably impressed.

The then editor of Psychic News was one of the people invited up on stage to participate in Boltwood's act, and he (the editor) told me he thought he'd seen something that was indicative of trickery (no, really?!), and that he would be writing about this in the next edition of Psychic News. Intriguingly, there was then a flurry of legal activity and the next edition of PN appeared with a completely BLANK and empty space on the front page where the Boltwood story had been due to appear. There was an apology and a promise that the story would be followed up in later editions. It never was.

To the best of my knowledge, Boltwood was thereafter less keen to try public stage appearances, and went into the more personal 'psychic consultation' side of the business. I guess stage work isn't for everyone.
www.ianrowland.com . Working Magic.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Seed Germination (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL