The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Card and Hand Mucking Media (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
mark1991
View Profile
Veteran user
Boston, Lincolnshire, England
311 Posts

Profile of mark1991
Hi there,

I am looking for book, video, and DVD material teaching card and hand mucking techniques. I know a few basics, but I really want to improve and expand on the subject.

I have seen Ian Kendall's DVD on the subject, but it is a little hard for me to get it as my parents would have to get it for me and they are unsure. If it was put on eBay at a reasonable price, I could get it no problems.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks

Magical Mark Watson
(mark1991)
http://magicnewstelevision.com/mn/magicalmark

Magical Mark Watson - Christian magician, juggler, puppeteer, all-round entertainer and lover of Christ!
imfletcher
View Profile
Loyal user
260 Posts

Profile of imfletcher
Mark
Check out the Weapon’s of the Card Shark DVD Volume 1 and 2 by Jeff Wesssmiller. They are very good. Here is great review

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......11&1
mark1991
View Profile
Veteran user
311 Posts

Profile of mark1991
Hi there,

I own volume 1, and I'm not sure whether volume two has been combined with it or not. I'm a little confused over the seperate volumes. Can you help me by showing me where they are sold?

Many thanks

Magical Mark Watson
(mark1991)

Magical Mark Watson - Christian magician, juggler, puppeteer, all-round entertainer and lover of Christ!
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Hand Mucking is no more than palming by another name it seems to me. Look for any book or DVD that teaches palming.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Pavloter
View Profile
Special user
529 Posts

Profile of Pavloter
Revolutionary Card Technique by Marlo.
Pavlo
IanKendall
View Profile
Special user
Edinburgh
571 Posts

Profile of IanKendall
Mark, could I ask why it would be easier to get a CD on ebay rather than through my site? If you have Paypal it's a breeze. Failing that, we could work something out.

The Daddy of the books is called simply Hand Mucking by George Joseph. You can get it cheaply from Gambler's Book Club in Vegas, and it has many different moves (more than my CD). RCT also has a section on mucks, but I understand it's harder to find these days. If you can get a copy, Cheating at Blackjack volume 2 has information about blackjack mucks.

One thing I will say; my CD is aimed at magicians, not card cheats. The moves on it are not, on the whole, intended for live game use (and to be honest, if this is your aim, it's not the kind of information you want to be learning from a video).

Take care, Ian
Pavloter
View Profile
Special user
529 Posts

Profile of Pavloter
Quote:

I have seen Ian Kendall's DVD on the subject, but it is a little hard for me to get it as my parents would have to get it for me and they are unsure. If it was put on eBay at a reasonable price, I could get it no problems.
I really don't understand what is an issue there man. Is it to expencive or what?
Pavlo
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Perhaps the parents are concerned about a man wearing a kilt on the internet, offering lessons in hand mucking to their son. Especially if they think a kilt is a skirt and think hand mucking is something that will do his eyesight no good.

:)
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Unknown419
View Profile
Inner circle
1321 Posts

Profile of Unknown419
Tommy you know you ain't playing with a full deck.

Doc
IanKendall
View Profile
Special user
Edinburgh
571 Posts

Profile of IanKendall
Thanks Tommy, that's a mental image I'm going to have trouble wiping from my mind for the rest of the day...

Take care, Ian
papermechanic
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of papermechanic
Haha
mark1991
View Profile
Veteran user
311 Posts

Profile of mark1991
Hi there,

Sorry guys, I suppose I didn't really make myself fully clear.

Ian - my parents have nothing against you or your site but they only like to trade on more secure sites like eBay and Amazon. I don't have a problem with it and its there own opinion. Actually, I showed my parents your website and they loved the videos. In fact, it was your tuition video that recently got me juggling clubs, but that's another matter.

I now see y I was confuse4d about the weapons DVDs and I have found volume two just recently.

Thanks for all your help and I thinkl I have all the info I need! Keep posting though if you want!

Many thanks

Magical Mark Watson
(mark1991)

IanKendall
View Profile
Special user
Edinburgh
571 Posts

Profile of IanKendall
Fair enough, but remember that through Paypal you have buyer protection, secure payment and a good trail should you want to track me down Smile If you only buy through the big names the cottage industries will die out...

Take care, Ian
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
You can buy with confidence from Ian. Have no fear.

If you do decide to get his CD please do your best to buy it directly from him. Help a brother out, especially since you've already benefited from one of the free tutorials he's offered.
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
mark1991
View Profile
Veteran user
311 Posts

Profile of mark1991
Hi there,

I will try my best, but my parents are being a little stubborn on the subject. Thanks for all your help anyway guys!

Many thanks

Magical Mark Watson
(mark1991)

IanKendall
View Profile
Special user
Edinburgh
571 Posts

Profile of IanKendall
Heck Mark, if that's what they want...I'll put a copy on ebay with a buy it now option and send you the link...

Let me know if that would work for them Smile

Take care, Ian
IanKendall
View Profile
Special user
Edinburgh
571 Posts

Profile of IanKendall
Actually, I've got another idea; go to the shop page (with your folks, natch) and click through the review links for the other CDs (MHM hasn't been reviewed yet, sorry). If they read through them there are enough references to my customer service record.

Also, ironically, buying through eBay is in no way more secure than going through my site, but I lose more money Smile

Failing _that_ - send me your address and I'll send you a CD. When you get it, your parents can send me the fifteen quid.

Not sure what else I can do, really...

Take care, Ian
mark1991
View Profile
Veteran user
311 Posts

Profile of mark1991
Hi there,

Thanks Ian for your help, I will have to have a think. Don't do anything that you don't want to do just because of my problems! I still have to think things through.

Thanks all the same, and I hope to see you around the Café!

Many thanks

Magical Mark Watson
(mark1991)

Paul H
View Profile
Inner circle
UK South Coast
1135 Posts

Profile of Paul H
Hi Mark,

Ian's CD really is worth going the extra mile for as far as mucks are concerned. The teachiing is absolutely first class in my opinion and Ian is quite harmless. If this proves a total 'no no' with the parents, you could always track down a copy of 'Hand Mucking' by George Joseph to keep you busy in the meantime.

In general, I have the impression that many deceptive hand mucks and palming techniques derived from the card table are still not generally available to the magic community. In a way, hand mucks do not easily lend themselves to card magic routines. Food for thought.

Regards,

Paul H
mark1991
View Profile
Veteran user
311 Posts

Profile of mark1991
Hi there,

Thanks Paul for your input! Another something to think about!

Many thanks

Magical Mark Watson
(mark1991)

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Card and Hand Mucking Media (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL