The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Eyeglasses and or vision inspired tricks (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

derrick
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug holes for
1044 Posts

Profile of derrick
I didn't want to step on the thread already out there about manipulation with shades but this is a similar topic. I'm preparing to do a gig for Lions Clubs International in a few weeks. Since they focus on recycling glasses for developing countries and working with the blind and visually impaired, I thought it would be a nice touch to add a few effects that incorporate eye glasses or the topic of vision into to this show. I like the idea of performing Mesika's floating sunglasses. Maybe adding a broken and restored glasses routine of some kind - possibly borrowed. If nothing else it would be funny to ask to borrow a pair of glasses from the audience and just add them to a large plastic donation jar I will keep hidden until the right time. Danny Arher's Eye Exam also comes to mind. Any other ideas out there?
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Derrick,

You do know that you can treat glass so that when you fog it with your breath a prediction appears?

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander

PS --- Enjoyed our phone conversation today.
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Dan Magyari
View Profile
Regular user
San Francisco, CA
173 Posts

Profile of Dan Magyari
Check out Tim Ellis' "Run Around Sue" for some inspiration with sunglasses.
Everything you do -- everything -- has your signature on it. Regardless of whether you intend it that way or not. And that's how people perceive you.-George Ledo
derrick
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug holes for
1044 Posts

Profile of derrick
WOW!!! Tim Ellis' "Run Around Sue" is fantastic! I found a link on You Tube and loved it. Bob, it was great talking to you today. I'd love to discuss the kind of effects you performed while working for Coors if you're up for it. Maybe I'll see you in Eureka.

Derrick
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Eyeglasses and or vision inspired tricks (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL