The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Magic Café Tech Help Area » » New Posts Since Last Visit -- Not working! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Gene
View Profile
Café Forum Developer
Howard City, MI
276 Posts

Profile of Gene
I haven't done anything at all to the Café in at least two months, so it couldn't possibly be anything I've done, directly or indirectly.

The best way to clear it is to search your cookies folder for specific files. If you have the ability, use the "containing text" option and type in "themagiccafe.com/forums" (without the quotes). This will find all cookies related to the Café, whether using the www in the address or not. Deleting all you find will take care of it. You will have to log in again though, as this also deletes your login cookie. For best results, do this while your browser is closed.

When you reopen your browser and come to the Café, all of the cups should be one color because there's no cookie for the site to read. After that they should work normally.

The biggest problem is having duplicate cookies, and since people post links to other topics within the Café, there is really no way to avoid it. Let's say you've bookmarked the Café using www in the address. Ok, you've got a cookie with the www. Somebody posts a link to a topic without the www and you click the link to read the topic. Now you've got another cookie without the www. When you go to another page the site reads both cookies and gets confused as to which one to use. That's what "breaks" the cups.
Somebody kick me off the computer, will ya? Smile Smile
Banester
View Profile
Special user
669 Posts

Profile of Banester
Ok Gene, I have a new one for you. (see above) I had trouble with the "cups" never showing any changes when there were new updates. That started working all by itself. Now though, the cups are all red and won't change even after I have read the new posts and no updates to that forum have been made. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
The art of a magician is to create wonder.
If we live with a sense of wonder, our lives
become filled with joy
-Doug Henning-
Gene
View Profile
Café Forum Developer
Howard City, MI
276 Posts

Profile of Gene
Duplicate cookies.
Somebody kick me off the computer, will ya? Smile Smile
Jim Poor
View Profile
Special user
Fairfax, VA
676 Posts

Profile of Jim Poor
Is there anyway to automatically delete all but the log-in cookie?
I'm sure there is a script that can do it, but that's above my head.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Magic Café Tech Help Area » » New Posts Since Last Visit -- Not working! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL