The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Need Tips (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

PrettyPete
View Profile

Barnegat, New Jersey
0 Posts

Profile of PrettyPete
If anyone could be soo kind can anyone tell me where to find help to do false shuffles and things like that I cant seem to get them.
gadfly3d
View Profile
Special user
963 Posts

Profile of gadfly3d
Well do you belong to a magic club?

Gil Scott
Shodan
View Profile
Special user
Isle of Man
663 Posts

Profile of Shodan
Royal Road to Card Magic

Expert Card Technique

Card College

I would go with Card College all the way personally, but it is the more expensive option.
"You don't go up to strangers with a stick and come at their head...introduce yourself first, then come at them with a stick." - David Williamson
Expertmagician
View Profile
Inner circle
2484 Posts

Profile of Expertmagician
There are also tons of videos and books on the subject...I am not sure where a beginner should start....Carl Fulves, Marlo, Ackerman, etc. all have good material...but, I don't think it is for a beginner.
Long Island,

New York
Dorian Rhodell
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco, CA.
1629 Posts

Profile of Dorian Rhodell
I agree. Card College would be a great way to go. When you get to a more advanced level, you can check out Expert Card Technique, Erdnase, Marlo and others.

Best,

Dorian Rhodell
Ryan clark
View Profile
Loyal user
Spruce Grove ,AB
236 Posts

Profile of Ryan clark
I'll second dorian's comment on this one. For sure pick up Card college not anything by marlo. Card college is GREAT for begginers and when you get pumpin there are some very hard techniques in there as well. It will serve you well.
Any Effect Is Possible, methods are relativley easy to come by, but it is the effect that takes true courage to come up with

Sankey
Ghosthunter
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of Ghosthunter
Take a look at the Card College dvd's. In my opinion dvd's are easier to learn if you don't know those kind of sleights yet but that's a opinion that will differ proberly a lot with others. The Books are great to offcourse I got the whole deal.
Expert Card Technique is great, really love that book.

Just take a look at some books at a local magic dealer maybe ? The person there will be able to help you to offcourse.

Good luck

Rick
Paul D
View Profile
Elite user
NY
455 Posts

Profile of Paul D
IMHO you only need a couple of good false shuffles. My personal favorite is the Zarrow Shuffle it can be found here.
:http://themagicwarehouse.com/cgi-bin/findit.pl?x_item=DV9445-Zarrow-Shuffle,-Zarrow

-Pauly
Astonishment as Therapy...?
Dorian Rhodell
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco, CA.
1629 Posts

Profile of Dorian Rhodell
Let's not get the guy too excited on too many places to look for false shuffles. Once the basics are down, then he can look elsewhere. Regardless of what we think he needs, the truth is, he needs a solid foundation on which to base, practice and study future endeavors. Having said that, I'll completely disregard my own advice and say that if you want to learn a Zarrow Shuffle, check out Zarrow's own instructions, the Fulve's Manuscripts, Wesley James' work on the Zarrow and Gary Plants' work on the Zarrow. Anywhere else would pretty much be a waste of time.

Best,

Dorian Rhodell
Andy the cardician
View Profile
Inner circle
A street named after my dad
3370 Posts

Profile of Andy the cardician
As Herb said himself: you need to be able to do the table shuffle first before you embark the Z.

Dorian is dead right - basics first, the icing will follow.

Pete,
if you are new to magic in general, I would recommend Mark Wilson`s book

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=41

Hope this helps

Andy
Cards never lie
scorch
View Profile
Inner circle
1480 Posts

Profile of scorch
Quote:
On 2007-02-09 02:01, PrettyPete wrote:
If anyone could be soo kind can anyone tell me where to find help to do false shuffles and things like that I cant seem to get them.

Where have you been looking?

Card College would be the best first place to learn false shuffles "and things like that."
Hideo Kato
View Profile
Inner circle
Tokyo
5649 Posts

Profile of Hideo Kato
Pesently the OP's count is 0. Where are you?

Hideo Kato
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15810 Posts

Profile of tommy
I think OP thought there is a place somewhere, here at the Café, that taught false shuffles and stuff. Perhaps?
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
David Boyd
View Profile
Regular user
NYC
197 Posts

Profile of David Boyd
Check out Card College!
Peace
David Boyd

www.myspace.com/harlemmagic
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Need Tips (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL