The Magic Café
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » What the hell was this called and where can I get it (this one) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of wizaird
Hi folks I have been released from the household duties which I had to endure for about 3 months ( kitchen installation from scratch )anyway now that I can be myself again I wanted to start looking at stage performances that I would love to perform some new I thought some old , you see I live in the uk and after watching the tv over the festive period I felt that I wasnt quite being entertained and that I feel is what it is all about ,

so I try to remember my childhood and visualise the magic that entertained me the most and guess what the one I thought was the most brilliant stage effect I cannot find anywhere , ill describe it here for you ,

a volunteer is required for a knife throwing act one which involves real knives and a real backboard with balloons at the extremeties of where the limbs will be once your volunteer has been shackled to it oh yes you are blindfolded and then they are just to keep them quiet

this is the biggy knives are thrown bu due to the gaffed backboard you don't have to throw any knives because duplicates pop up through slits and pop the balloons simulating this , this scam is revealed to the audience about half way through by taking off you blind fold and showing the audience what is happening they love thois point anyway it carries on for the finalle the balloon between the crotch the bigy a lot of by play you get it don't you ,

what is this illusion , gaff , prop called

tell me please .......... ill use it ill use it as a medium to entertain with tell me does anyone know .......?

cheers Dave uk ,

the enetertainment is out there ....forget pop idols Smile
View Profile
Inner circle
1006 Posts

Profile of LeeAlex2002

Are you mixing two versions of the Knife table into one?

The first is the animation style table with the blindfolded volunteer. The knifes are thrust into the board quite openly by an assistant ( this works on the psychology of the paper balls over the head type trick), and the second version is the one that our friend Valentino revealed to us ( which was quite intriguing actually!).
Yours Magically,
Lee Alex
Ty Argo
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
525 Posts

Profile of Ty Argo
Penn & Teller do a very funny version of the first one above where Penn is Blindfolded, as is the spect., and he then takes his blindfold back off. He then makes throwing noises and teller thrusts duplicate knifes OPENLY into the board/balloon, then backs away. The audience cracks up and the spect. is very freaked out. As always, Penn plays it up quite well. If you see this done you may get some ideas.
Dyslexics UNTIE!!
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of wizaird
I think it could be the one that Penn and Teller performed that i saw what was the routine called and where is the effect wrote up in full? also i am intrigued to know the valentino effect please

cheers Dave Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » What the hell was this called and where can I get it (this one) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL