The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Big and the Small » » Favorite Jumbo Card Routine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
thecogito
View Profile
Regular user
104 Posts

Profile of thecogito
I recently watched a Dan Harlan video and saw a great jumbo card routine. As a result I am now wondering what are the classic or favorite Jumbo card routines that get a great response?
Atom3581
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of Atom3581
Jumbo Sidewalk Shuffla and McCombical Prediction are my two favorite classics with Jumbo Cards.
Brian S. Tanner
View Profile
Regular user
161 Posts

Profile of Brian S. Tanner
You might want to check out Jumbo B'Wave as well. I use mine for every show. It packs small and plays big.
Judge:How do you plead?
<BR>Defendant:I plead insanity.
<BR>Judge:Insanity?
<BR>Defendant:Yep. I'm just crazy about that stuff!
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20495 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
My vote is for the Jumbo McCombical Deck.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
FunTimeAl
View Profile
Special user
987 Posts

Profile of FunTimeAl
Charlie Frye has a great Three Card Monte routine on his third DVD. It's jumbo sized and mixes in some juggling. I love it.

I also like Bannapple for kids shows.
sdmagic
View Profile
Special user
684 Posts

Profile of sdmagic
I'm wondering if it is possible to do "Indecent" using Jumbo Cards.... shuffling could be a challenge. Anyone tried this?
Tesseract
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of Tesseract
My new favourite is this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndVQmOYjkmI

Really funny and nicely executed - it's also interesting to see how video makes this possible.
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17029 Posts

Profile of joseph
I'll second Jumbo Sidewalk Shuffle.....Excellent effect...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Mark Ross
View Profile
Loyal user
Batavia, NY
236 Posts

Profile of Mark Ross
My favorite jumbo card routine is a Gypsy Monte variant using tarot cards- a fool (there initially appear to be 2 fools), queen of pentacles and the surprise at the end is the death card.

I scanned and enlarged the card faces and laminated them to blank faced jumbo cards, acquired from Cards By Martin. Neil also stripped the cards before he mailed them, making the one alignment move much easier.

The routine uses moves from Color Monte and Paul Wilson's similar story. The story owes much to Peter Kane, Paul Wilson and Kevin Mepham.

It plays to a good sized audience. I also do it with regular tarot cards for close up.

Mark Ross

A PS to the post above. I too like Jumbo B'Wave and Sidewalk Shuffle.

Mark Ross
DWmagic
View Profile
New user
England, Bristol
71 Posts

Profile of DWmagic
I really enjoy doing 'Colour Monte' with jumbo sized cards.
Yours,
Matt Wood
Jim Davis
View Profile
Special user
What is....? Utah
945 Posts

Profile of Jim Davis
Stan, Kate and Edith...

Also, I adapted Sam the Bellhop to my own western theme.. so another poem with card, and a jumbo deck.. it's a lot of fun!
Diamond Jim Davis "The Cardslinger" ~~~ Magic from the '80's....................the 1880's!
<BR><BR>
<BR><BR>Don't just be a magician, be a human interest!
<BR><BR>
<BR><BR>[url]www.periodplayers.com[/ur
RC4MAG
View Profile
Special user
553 Posts

Profile of RC4MAG
TONTE - I use this a lot in platform / parlor shows.
Stevens magic sells a video with a really nice David Reagal routine using the TONTE cards. I prefer the original routine, maybe because I had been just doing it that way for so long.
amazingvijay
View Profile
Regular user
N. California Bay Area
174 Posts

Profile of amazingvijay
I do an effect by Aldo Colombini called "Pick Me/Pick Me Not". Two people pick cards very fairly and they are the only cards that have "Pick Me" on the back.

Vijay
N California Bay Area magician
http://www.amazingvijay.com
damagic1
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of damagic1
Jamy ian swiss has a great story trick with Jumbo cards. You can watch a performance on his website.
closeupcardician
View Profile
Special user
Justin Teeman Moore, OK
602 Posts

Profile of closeupcardician
Titanic Monte
"Magic as art cannot live without love. Love of some kind. There are novels without love, other arts without love. But there can be no magic without love." - Rodney Reyes
jbk2006
View Profile
Loyal user
USA
230 Posts

Profile of jbk2006
I love the jumbo split deck routine...and if this counts, cardiographic by martin lewis(it IS a big deck)
msc455magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Taipei, Taiwan
1523 Posts

Profile of msc455magic
One of the most mentioned tricks from the book Five Times Five: Japan is Masao Atsukawa's Fabric Through Pasteboard. In essense, a hankerchief is penetrated right through the center of the Jumbo card. Of course, everything could be examined before (?? I need to check) and after.

Best,
Charles
manal
View Profile
Inner circle
York ,PA.
1412 Posts

Profile of manal
Jumbo Jumble by Aldo Colombini
Life is too important to take seriously.

james@jamesmanalli.com

www.jamesmanalli.com
TedLashley
View Profile
Regular user
El Campo, TX
197 Posts

Profile of TedLashley
I also use the McCombical Prediction in jumbo size, and occasionally the jumbo Split Deck. But the effect I do with jumbo cards that gets the biggest reaction and is a regular part of my show is Comedy Jumbo Cards Across.

Ted Lashley
Lash
View Profile
Regular user
Lansing, MI
161 Posts

Profile of Lash
Definately Jumbo B'Wave.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Big and the Small » » Favorite Jumbo Card Routine (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL