The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Big and the Small » » Favorite Jumbo Card Routine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Brent McLeod
View Profile
Inner circle
New Zealand
1700 Posts

Profile of Brent McLeod
Agree with Bob-Jumbo McCombical plays huge in theatres I play also..

Last week I did 2 sold out senior citizen cabaret shows, with fellow performers with 900 people attending both shows in a beautiful auditorium-we bused them in from all over the city-place was packed!!!

As most elderly play cards- 1 of the routines I used-I performed to music the Jumbo King Monte in 2 moves
with the finale of 3 Queens on a stand to huge gasps & very good applause when revealed

The after show comments about the cards routine was really appreciative!!

Recommend you use these routines-pack small play Big!

Cheers -Brent
closeupcardician
View Profile
Special user
Justin Teeman Moore, OK
602 Posts

Profile of closeupcardician
I'd Like to 2nd Giant B-wave as well.
"Magic as art cannot live without love. Love of some kind. There are novels without love, other arts without love. But there can be no magic without love." - Rodney Reyes
RickyDifeo
View Profile
New user
Argentina
6 Posts

Profile of RickyDifeo
HI!

I allways use Twister Sister with (regular) poker cards. The version Jumbo of Twister Sisters as good as it.
I think about the manipulation of the cards in stage very dificult. Not?

I use Mc Combical deck and the Richard Osterlind Calling Card (stacked deck) and in combination with Cardiographics (Martin Lewis creation)

Thank you.-

From Buenos Aires - Argentina
Ricardo Difeo
La Plata - Buenos Aires - Argentina
fallingblood
View Profile
New user
North Dakota
98 Posts

Profile of fallingblood
I really like Michael Finney's card on forehead, that utilizes a jumbo card. Just the whole set-up to the effect is quite funny.
R. Cayne
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of R. Cayne
Stan Kate and Edith as performed Doc Eason...

A little politically incorrect; however one of the most entertaining routines I have seen with jumbo cards.
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3730 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
Harry Anderson's "Jumbo Marked". Visual, no cards to remember, no funny handling.

Steve
TheAstonishingLarry
View Profile
Regular user
I aspire to more than only
183 Posts

Profile of TheAstonishingLarry
Three Card Prince by Harry Anderson

Kate & Edith

B'Wave (does anyone else feel guilty about how easy this trick is for the reaction it gets?)

Posted: Sep 26, 2007 4:53pm
For those who use a jumbo version of Color Monte (or a variant), is there a handling published somewhere? I absolutely love Color Monte (I use normal bikes) and never even considered doing a jumbo version. I guess I could stumble along and create my own card handling, but why reinvent the wheel if it's available?

Reagrds,
Larry
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe." - Carl Sagan
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17031 Posts

Profile of joseph
Martin Lewis' Big Switch trick is a great MC bit, and he teaches it on his great Making Magic video....
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4394 Posts

Profile of Paul
Quote:
On 2007-05-10 17:44, amazingvijay wrote:
I do an effect by Aldo Colombini called "Pick Me/Pick Me Not". Two people pick cards very fairly and they are the only cards that have "Pick Me" on the back.

Vijay

I believe this is a Peter Duffie effect, though Aldo might market it.

Paul.
KidMagic
View Profile
Regular user
Bradford
183 Posts

Profile of KidMagic
What do you guys think of the Jumbo 3 card monté? Personally I find it a great effect.

Zach
Magically yours,
KidMagic/Zachary Gauthier
www.kidmagic.ca
spcarlson
View Profile
Veteran user
Minneapolis MN
359 Posts

Profile of spcarlson
Twisted Sister with jumbo cards is my choice!

Great for small stage, I use small easels to hold the cards upright. It’s just as strong on stage as when done close-up with normal cards.

Steven
Legendary Creations

from Merlin to Marilyn

www.MagicalArtCreations.com

www.StevenPaulCarlson.com
big bang
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of big bang
I love Jumbo 3 card monté ! It's great !
hbenod
View Profile
Regular user
167 Posts

Profile of hbenod
I have had very good success performing "Guess Your Weight" a routine by Bob King with a Jumbo deck. It removes from the spectator's mind the possibility of sleight of hand and you can perform a full routine suitable for large audiences. It requires a "br•••her" crimp, but it "kills" especially during the second and final climax. Another large size deck that is very useful with highly visible indices for this routine is the Anglo Deck from Sweden.

Greetings!
Peter Pitchford
View Profile
Elite user
Philly
421 Posts

Profile of Peter Pitchford
I just saw John Luka perform "Michigan Monte." It was sweet.
Motor City
View Profile
Special user
Metro Detroit Area
558 Posts

Profile of Motor City
Thanks, Peter. I appreciate your kind words.

For those interested, this March, Kozmo Magic will be releasing a dvd of my magic. It will include "Michigan Monte" and some other effects from my book, "Uncovered."
nonvpro
View Profile
Inner circle
1844 Posts

Profile of nonvpro
Is there a jumbo version of Michael Skinner's "Ultimate 3 Card Monte"?

Thanks
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Big and the Small » » Favorite Jumbo Card Routine (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL