The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » BookShop13.com (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
As a FREE service for all Magic Café Biazarrists and Bizarre Authors.
http://www.BookShop13.com

I came up with the idea yesterday and here it is on it's birthday. Enjoy.

Doug
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Rev.moonchild
View Profile
Regular user
Bristol, Pa.
173 Posts

Profile of Rev.moonchild
I think this is a great ideal ..How many times have you seen people asked about books on the subject . Now we can just send them to this site .
Follow the spirits of the wind and you will find your voice
<BR> Rev. Moonchild
<BR>
<BR>www.magicalelixer.com
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Eventually and hopefully it could be a 'complete' resource worth recommending. That would be nice.

I also have this idea. Once there is a Gathering and (pun intended) every one is on the same page how about this thought...

As an example...There is a convention or event in the west. Someone in the west gets a Table. The Authors in the east or midwest then kick in a couple of bucks for the table and send some books out. It is then an aggregate table. That way WE can have a presence with out all the expence and heart ache of actually making ther trip just to sell 2 or three books. Just a thought. The one working the table would have his/her own book naturally and the 'pay' for selling the other authors material would be the table paid for by the group (individually IF one wants to participate.) No group dynamics and politics involved. (screw that) Did I say just an thought?
TEB3
View Profile
Veteran user
Texas
387 Posts

Profile of TEB3
All hail to the ancient ones who still practive the wisdom of group marketing and sales having a bigger impact than a single lonely voice.

TEB3
TEB3
View Profile
Veteran user
Texas
387 Posts

Profile of TEB3
Translation of last post via a channel from Travler. "It means that the more practioners of really neat stuff work together, they get more bookings from the bored masses. Of course it doesn't hurt for the peddlers of these learned tomes and wonderous effects to have a way of affordably gaining the attention of the ones studying for advanced degrees in entertaining, much less BSP." ("An please watch your spelling - practice, not practive - or the the people who read this will think you be er-al-illiterate-whatever.)

Traveler can really boil things down.

Note: MyM just channeled in and said "Everett, not everyone knows that BSP is referred to in the entertainment industry as Blatant Self Promotion. Please convey this so other's can enjoy the fruits of labor and study."

Back to turn on the spiritlights to see what the weredog is barking at.

TEB3
TEB3
View Profile
Veteran user
Texas
387 Posts

Profile of TEB3
Now I'm getting a headache because all of them (the channel group) send so fast they mis-spell everything. Heck, I'm just a ghost hunter, not a spelling teacher.

TEB3
Clifford the Red
View Profile
Inner circle
LA, California
1941 Posts

Profile of Clifford the Red
Fantastic Doug! I love it!
"The universe is full of magical things, waiting for our wits to grow sharper." Eden Philpotts
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Come on guys...ONE more makes 13 books featured. Authors step up to the plate...Smile
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Still working on product.
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
WOW!!!!!!!!!!! A Tony Eye book? Cool groovey neato peachy keen man! Or can't you say that about a dark evil bizarre book?

And my post above was really WRONG! I was distracted by three other things and MEANT to say Thanks to the Authors FOR stepping up to the plate. Geesh.
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4207 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
Cool Tony, Count me in to read that! I loved your spin in the Dark Museum Book!
Gede Nibo
View Profile
Inner circle
2447 Posts

Profile of Gede Nibo
WOW..LOOKS GREAT bro...thanx for everything Master Doug...
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Baba! Glad you approve...even though you can't find your nickle.

Doug
Big Daddy Cool
View Profile
Inner circle
1604 Posts

Profile of Big Daddy Cool
Quote:
On 2007-02-11 15:07, Doug Higley wrote:
Eventually and hopefully it could be a 'complete' resource worth recommending. That would be nice.

I also have this idea. Once there is a Gathering and (pun intended) every one is on the same page how about this thought...

As an example...There is a convention or event in the west. Someone in the west gets a Table. The Authors in the east or midwest then kick in a couple of bucks for the table and send some books out. It is then an aggregate table. That way WE can have a presence with out all the expence and heart ache of actually making ther trip just to sell 2 or three books. Just a thought. The one working the table would have his/her own book naturally and the 'pay' for selling the other authors material would be the table paid for by the group (individually IF one wants to participate.) No group dynamics and politics involved. (screw that) Did I say just an thought?

Doug, I am going to be making the convention rounds this year to promote my new book, Theatrical Magic - The Book, before and after the release. I would be interested in doing something along these lines since I will be doing it anyway. While The Book is not exclusively a bizarre book, it does include several bizarre routines and it will be published by a major publisher in that field!

PM and let's talk!
We'll catch ya on the Back of the Cereal Box!
Johnny
www.johnnybeyond.com
mark townsend
View Profile
Regular user
132 Posts

Profile of mark townsend
Doug,
I'm truly honoured to be on your Bookshop.13 web site, and just realised that I am the very 13th book - even better!
Thank you for you kind and generous words too. I am delighted to be (if I'm right) the first a C of E Priest to appear on a Bizarre/Dark Arts Booklist.
Very brightest blessings to you.
Mark
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Thanks Mark #13...you are unique I'd say...must drive the other Priests up the wall with your Bizarre magic! Smile

Big Daddy C...soon as the book is ready we'll get it on the site. Just let me know!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » BookShop13.com (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL