We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Inexpensive Sound System - Any Advice? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Zazz
View Profile
Veteran user
California
315 Posts

Profile of Zazz
Hi everyone,

I'm hoping you can offer some practical advice. I'm looking for some kind of sound system/amplifier/wireless microsphone system for my 13-year old daughter. She is getting more and more gigs and though she took a small hiatus because of schoolwork, she has recently gotten 3 gig offers this week alone!

One is a public performance, which she can't wait to do! It is for a grand opening for a park in our city. She still has to confirm that she is going to do the show. It is not until next September so she has plenty of time.

At this point, I don't want to invest a fortune, as we are spending quite a bit for a new routine for her, but I would like something that will work well. I'm looking for something with a remote so she can tune her mustic and/or microphone as needed while performing and that will be compatible with a video ipod.

Up to this point she has had her routine choreographed to music, but will now be taking on a speaking role. To date she has used a Sony Xplod, which has served her well, but now we need to add in a wireless microphone and the Sony only allows for 1 line-in, although we could probably add some kind of a sound mixer.
Any suggestions that won't break the bank would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks everyone!
muzicman
View Profile
Special user
LaCenter, Wa
989 Posts

Profile of muzicman
I use a Sony Shelf system for my smaller venues and it works perfectly. The best part of this system is it has a Mic mixing option. This allows me to mix my live voice with the CD soundtrack onboard. I connect a Shure wireless headset and I'm free to move around. I burn my own CD's so the sound tracks are in the right order and with the remote, It's a cinch to stop/start and control volume remotely. It is still used in the home between gigs as a sound system for my office.

500 watts, 3 CD changer, MP3 or audio CD's, sub woofers, 4 speaker system.

Sony MHC-GX9000

Under $400
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Inexpensive Sound System - Any Advice? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL