The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Where is Dr. Sawa? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
msc455magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Taipei, Taiwan
1523 Posts

Profile of msc455magic
Thanks Kato-san for the guidance. I have been experimenting with the hand positions for the "squeeze" move for quite some time already and the handling in the video is what I think is the best way. Can you tell me what makes my hand position different than the position in "Squeeze Play"? As I learned this trick from a book, all I could do was follow the instructions and use my imagination.

Best,
msc455magic
Hideo Kato
View Profile
Inner circle
Tokyo
5649 Posts

Profile of Hideo Kato
When you do the move, your right hand bend inward, start from that position. (Both hands). As you start from the finishing position, the move becomes less.

Hideo Kato

P.S.
This trick is almost Sugawara's. The presentaion of switching the real dice to flat dice is Sawa's. Mark Wilson visited Tenyo Co. when Sugawara invented the trick. Mr.Wilson named it 'Squeeze Play".
msc455magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Taipei, Taiwan
1523 Posts

Profile of msc455magic
So you mean if I start with the hands bent INWARDS, the "move" becomes less obvious. I hope I didn't misunderstand your post.

Best,
msc455magic
PS: Not that I don't respect your advice, but I personally feel that the move is already done "how it should be done" (that is... from learning from the book itself). Nevertheless, I will try your advice and see how it goes.
Hideo Kato
View Profile
Inner circle
Tokyo
5649 Posts

Profile of Hideo Kato
I was not writing the method in detail because the trick is a marketted item. In the instruction, you will see the correct handling.

You were exposing the secret in video, be careful.

Hideo kato
msc455magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Taipei, Taiwan
1523 Posts

Profile of msc455magic
Quote:
On 2007-02-17 06:09, Hideo Kato wrote:
You were exposing the secret in video, be careful.

Kato-san,

I have agreed with you most of the time about your comments or advice. However, this time isn't the case.

I believe no matter how good this move is done, it would be "exposing the secret." This is NOT one of those moves that will leave people clueless.

msc455magic
Hideo Kato
View Profile
Inner circle
Tokyo
5649 Posts

Profile of Hideo Kato
You can perform and take video without exposing ****** die.
I praise your performance in most cases. However, this time isn't the case.

Hideo Kato
msc455magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Taipei, Taiwan
1523 Posts

Profile of msc455magic
That sounds much better than "You were exposing the secret in video." As I said before, I learned this trick from a book and I was not as fortunate as you to have seen Sugawara's "Squeeze Play" (either instructions or real performance).

I couldn't tolerate it when I am called "exposing" something when I put in the heart and time to practice this trick. I believe if you never read Sugawara's trick but instead read the book that I learned this trick from, you would do the "move" the same way I did it.

Peace,
msc455magic
Hideo Kato
View Profile
Inner circle
Tokyo
5649 Posts

Profile of Hideo Kato
I will not do a trick as exactly as written in books in most cases. I always think if the written method is best or not.

Hideo Kato
msc455magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Taipei, Taiwan
1523 Posts

Profile of msc455magic
I don't want to prolong the argument... but the bottom line is that I think the "move" is already done at it's best potential (I watched the video like 10 times and I still believe what I did was the right thing to do). Maybe if I were as fortunate as you in that I've seen Sugawara's trick, I might be able to realize the difference.

Best,
msc455magic
Magic Power
View Profile
Regular user
Taiwan
107 Posts

Profile of Magic Power
I don't think he revealed the secret in the video. He just followed the book instruction and found a best way to perform it. Maybe if you watch it over and over again, you may be able to find a little flaw(hey... and who knows?) Kato-san, please realize that not everybody has as much resource as you to render such an effect.

Richard
"Be Nature"
Hideo Kato
View Profile
Inner circle
Tokyo
5649 Posts

Profile of Hideo Kato
I realized that not everybody has watched 'Squeeze Play'. So I serached Tenyo's site to introduce you the demonstration of 'Squeeze Play', but there wasn't. Maybe it is discontinued.

My posts were not argument. I am writing the method a little more owing this circumstances.

Hold the plate/card with curled hands. Die never shows. It is possible you can't do it in that position as card is softer than plastic plate. If it's the case, using playing card is not for this trick.

As a former creator of Tenyo, I would like to tell you that Sugawara's 'Squeeze Play' is more impressive.

Hideo Kato
msc455magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Taipei, Taiwan
1523 Posts

Profile of msc455magic
Quote:
On 2007-02-17 07:32, Hideo Kato wrote:
Hold the plate/card with curled hands. Die never shows. It is possible you can't do it in that position as card is softer than plastic plate. If it's the case, using playing card is not for this trick.

As a former creator of Tenyo, I would like to tell you that Sugawara's 'Squeeze Play' is more impressive.

Hideo Kato

It doesn't matter which trick is more startling. The point is that this trick is an interesting approach to Sugawara's "Squeeze Play" and it serves as in example to inspire other people to come up with new applications for this move.

I think using a card is perfectly acceptable as I don't see any flash of the die in my video.

Best,
msc455magic
PS: If I have a chance, I will try to find Squeeze Play. Only then would I be able to realize the difference.
Hideo Kato
View Profile
Inner circle
Tokyo
5649 Posts

Profile of Hideo Kato
I hope you find 'Squeeze Play' and hope you understand the reason I tried to tell you better method.

Hideo Kato
msc455magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Taipei, Taiwan
1523 Posts

Profile of msc455magic
Hopefully...
Nat
View Profile
Special user
566 Posts

Profile of Nat
Sawa's Crash Dice is explained with considerable detail in Collection Five (New York Magic Symposium) written by Stephen Minch.

Nate

Quote:
On 2007-02-17 06:49, cutewhite wrote:
I don't think he revealed the secret in the video. He just followed the book instruction and found a best way to perform it. Maybe if you watch it over and over again, you may be able to find a little flaw(hey... and who knows?) Kato-san, please realize that not everybody has as much resource as you to render such an effect.

Richard
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Where is Dr. Sawa? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL