The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » What is your favorite Gimmicked card effect? (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..12~13~14 [Next]
Geoff Williams
View Profile
Special user
St. Pete Beach, FL
617 Posts

Profile of Geoff Williams
Quote:
On 2002-02-03 20:09, Jon Allen wrote:
My current favourite effect using gimmicked or heavily altered cards that is not my own creation is Anniversary Waltz. Is there a better trick for a bride and groom?


Not that I've found. It's perfect for everything from wedding receptions or just the starry-eyed couple in the back booth at the local eatery.
"Saját légpárnás tele van angolnák."

(Hungarian for "My hovercraft is full of eels")
Lonnie Dilan
View Profile
Special user
Canyon Country, California
823 Posts

Profile of Lonnie Dilan
hmmm. I'm gonna have to say double faced cards and double backed cards...red/blue combos are crazy to fool around with.
Mark Ennis
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, NC
1030 Posts

Profile of Mark Ennis
I really like MacDonald Aces. That one is really tough to top.
ME
alex keal
View Profile
New user
Whiteford, Maryland
35 Posts

Profile of alex keal
my favorite tricks with gimmicked cards would have to be:
Bruce Cervons, Dirty Deal & Paul Hallas, Monster Mash.
Both have a lot of changes going on, and both lend themselves to excellent patter stories.
All the best
alex
card crazy
RayBanks
View Profile
Special user
Nassau Bay, TX
533 Posts

Profile of RayBanks
OK Here's my 2 cents

As far as gaffed cards - Anniversery Waltz and Twisted Sisters although I get a lot of mileage out of NFW as well.

Trick decks: ID.

I also like Doc Eason's Impossible Opener and would put it in the trick deck category.
Smile
-------------
Pick a card, any card...No. not THAT one...THIS one

Ray Banks
Fon
View Profile
Regular user
London, UK
200 Posts

Profile of Fon
Mine has to be rainbow cascade,

But as a joking party piece I love doing tipsy cards,

:D

Fon
Always thinking..........?
Jon Allen
View Profile
V.I.P.
England
1711 Posts

Profile of Jon Allen
You can see a performance video of my favourite packet trick ever, called 'Double Back', at:
http://www.murphysmagicsupplies.com
in their new items section.

It is one of the strongest packet tricks you can do. I do it all the time!

Regards,

Jon
Paragon 3D - the most incredible Card to Clear Box you will ever own. Be fooled here: http://youtu.be/GQxRZ1OGkUo
The Silent Treatment - Digital Edition: this iconic routine just got upgraded! Watch - http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=phTDUhX0m9o
Order the bar-raising DVD set 'Connection' at www.onlinemagicshop.co.uk
Andy Charlton
View Profile
Veteran user
Palma Nova Mallorca Spain
311 Posts

Profile of Andy Charlton
Invisible Deck. Usually my opener.

Twilight angels, Absolute Killer. Available from A1 multimedia.

Cardtoon. Loads of Laughs, killer ending.

Colour Monte. I never leave home without it.

Cheers

Andy
"Keep that smile on your face, that excitement in your eyes." - Don Driver

Check out www.andyandjeansbigadventure.com
or
www.andysmagic.com
dekkeret
View Profile
New user
Paris
54 Posts

Profile of dekkeret
Twisted Sisters is also one of my favorite
with also ESPescially WILD (Paul HALLAS)
"I can only show you the door, you're the one who has to walk through it."
Morpheus to Neo in "The Matrix"
Leeo
View Profile
New user
Manchester, UK
99 Posts

Profile of Leeo
Further to my post about Switchback being one of my favourites, credit goes to Walt Maddison. Can anybody tell me anything about him?

Thanks.
Jim Morton
View Profile
Veteran user
361 Posts

Profile of Jim Morton
After all these years, I still have to go with MacDonald's Aces. It's a hard one to top. Micro Macro can be pretty mind-boggling when properly done.

Jim
cardguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, New York
1171 Posts

Profile of cardguy
Quote:
On 2002-02-15 20:39, Jon Allen wrote:
You can see a performance video of my favourite packet trick ever, called 'Double Back', at:
http://www.murphysmagicsupplies.com
in their new items section.

It is one of the strongest packet tricks you can do. I do it all the time!

Regards,

Jon


Jon,
I checked out the video and I was very impressed with the Double Back trick. It caught me by surprise. I perform "Dr. Daley's Last Trick" all the time and this is by far the best version of the trick because you actually show them the cards that you are holding! Very clever indeed. I will buy this trick as soon as I have some extra cash just because I think it is very clever. Smile
Frank G. a.k.a. Cardguy
Marduke Kurios
View Profile
Veteran user
Vancouver, Canada
316 Posts

Profile of Marduke Kurios
These are 3 of my daily travelling companions:
Colour Monte
B'Wave
Princess Card

-Marduke
Live well,
Laugh often,
Love always.

To the world you might be one person, but to one person you just might be the world.

Without Prejudice, All Rights Reserved.
Damion Corbett
View Profile
Regular user
115 Posts

Profile of Damion Corbett
Invisible Deck has got to be one of the most
straight forward effects you can perform with a gaffed deck and causes some amazing reactions.
I am also a big fan of John Bannen's Strangers Gallery.
craig fothers
View Profile
Loyal user
215 Posts

Profile of craig fothers
Jon and Cardguy -
I've only seen the demo that was on Murphys site - but this looks like an absolutely brilliant version of DDLT -
I like the plot also - it takes the heat off your hands Smile
a real 'gotcha'! Well done for finding this!!
I've just got to convince my dealer to get some now Smile

C.


Quote:
On 2002-02-19 01:10, cardguy wrote:
Quote:
On 2002-02-15 20:39, Jon Allen wrote:
You can see a performance video of my favourite packet trick ever, called 'Double Back', at:
http://www.murphysmagicsupplies.com
in their new items section.

It is one of the strongest packet tricks you can do. I do it all the time!

Regards,

Jon


Jon,
I checked out the video and I was very impressed with the Double Back trick. It caught me by surprise. I perform "Dr.Daley's Last Trick" all the time and this is by far the best version of the trick because you actually show them the cards that you are holding! Very clever indeed. I will buy this trick as soon as I have some extra cash just because I think it is very clever. Smile
cardguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, New York
1171 Posts

Profile of cardguy
[quote]On 2002-02-19 22:10, craig fothers wrote:
Jon and Cardguy -
I've only seen the demo that was on Murphys site - but this looks like an absolutely brilliant version of DDLT -
I like the plot also - it takes the heat off your hands Smile
a real 'gotcha'! Well done for finding this!!
I've just got to convince my dealer to get some now Smile

C.


Craig,
Just show your dealer the demo and he'll order them in a heartbeat. Smile
Frank G. a.k.a. Cardguy
maurile
View Profile
Regular user
San Diego
102 Posts

Profile of maurile
Does Daryl's Ultimate Ambition gimmick count as a trick deck? That's a very strong ending to an Amitious Card routine.
donaldlaporte
View Profile
New user
new hampshire
46 Posts

Profile of donaldlaporte
I love Michael Skinners Three Card Monte.
Eric Grossman
View Profile
Elite user
St. Louis, MO
429 Posts

Profile of Eric Grossman
I use MacDonald's Aces, with a bit of a different presentation, and the same goes for the Invisible deck.
family/magic/music/life
Geoff Williams
View Profile
Special user
St. Pete Beach, FL
617 Posts

Profile of Geoff Williams
Quote:
On 2002-03-01 19:24, maurile wrote:
Does Daryl's Ultimate Ambition gimmick count as a trick deck? That's a very strong ending to an Amitious Card routine.


Yes it does and yes it is.
"Saját légpárnás tele van angolnák."

(Hungarian for "My hovercraft is full of eels")
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » What is your favorite Gimmicked card effect? (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..12~13~14 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL