The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » What is your favorite Gimmicked card effect? (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..12~13~14 [Next]
Ronin
View Profile
Loyal user
Martinez,CA
203 Posts

Profile of Ronin
I really like:

Tommy Wonder's variation of "Ultimate Rip-off"
Bro. John Hamman's "Final Aces"
"Card Warp"
David Hirata
www.thingsimpossible.com

"Life is a combination of magic and pasta."
--Federico Fellini
trilam
View Profile
New user
Montreal, Canada
63 Posts

Profile of trilam
I am voting with the majority on this one. I always carry Twisted Sisters, Color Monte and MacDonald's Aces.
I will add another favorite to the list: Hollow. The gaff is so well made that it blows away the specs every time.
Although I don't yet have it, I am told that Twilight Angels is a reputation maker.
Geoff Williams
View Profile
Special user
St. Pete Beach, FL
617 Posts

Profile of Geoff Williams
What is the effect of "Hollow?"
"Saját légpárnás tele van angolnák."

(Hungarian for "My hovercraft is full of eels")
trilam
View Profile
New user
Montreal, Canada
63 Posts

Profile of trilam
Hollow is the effect where you punch a hole in a selected and signed card, then the hole visibly moves to three different places on the card. The hole then jumps to another indifferent card, leaving the signed card whole again and is fully examinable.
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1275 Posts

Profile of Jared
I'm probably a little late getting into this conversation, but I'm very enamored with Bob Farmer's 'Mutanz'.... In this effect, the spectator ends-up with the gaffed cards much like 'Anniversary Walt'. It's a very nice twist for a change.

Here's a few others that you want to add to your list....

Bizarre Shrink- Paul Harris
Crossed Thought- (?) Can't remember
Gypsy Monte- R.Paul Wilson
Jumping Gemini- Darwin Ortiz
Stranger's Gallery- John Bannon

Enjoy.

- Jared
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4834 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
You might like my totally Jazzed. A cool handling for jazz aces where all 8 cards go blank at the end.

David Neighbors
The Coinjurer
David Neighbors

The Coinjurer

www.coinjurer.com
M.P.D.
View Profile
New user
illinois
54 Posts

Profile of M.P.D.
My favorite gaffed effects are from my great friend and mentor... Don England. His gaffed effects are secret weapons! I use "optical shrink" which is a shrinking deck routine. I really love to use his "gieger counter card" to make a card appear just about anywhere you can think of and leaves the crowd utterly baffled. Finally, his "ultimate collectors" routine will destroy laymen and magicians alike. I could go on and on... I highly recommend you buy his books "gaffed to the hilt" and "paradox!" you will flip when you see how diabolical his ideas are!! Smile Smile
David Fogel
View Profile
New user
Minneapolis, Minnesota
87 Posts

Profile of David Fogel
I agree with many already listed (by the way, Crossed Thought is by Darryl)

As for some that nobody has mentioned yet, how about the old tried and true three and a half of spades. It kills!!

I also get a lot of mileage out of "Now Look Here."

Blizzard is also a killer.

As for packet tricks, I've been doing Sympathetic Aces for 25 years -- and it's stood the test of time.
davidfogel@attbi.com

"I'm not a praying man, but if you're up there, Please save me Superman!"

Homer J. Simpson
Platt
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1870 Posts

Profile of Platt
Dark Card, with Bob Farmer's handling is a killer. It basically accomplishes the paradox of Sankey's "Paperclipped!" with a method that doesn't take 10 years to perfect. Closer to 10 minutes. Everything's examinable.

And, of course we don't like to admit it, but I think I can objectively say, no single trick has more flooring power than "Invisible Deck." If there is a single gimmicked trick that even comes close, not including variations like "Brainwave", please tell me. I'd love to know.
Sugar Rush is here! Freakishly visual magic. http://www.plattmagic.com
Reed McClintock
View Profile
V.I.P.
772 Posts

Profile of Reed McClintock
I combined Paul Wilsons effect Ricochet, with my twist, then the final kicker is when they think the cards are double facers, I turn them over to reveal an eye chart on the backs, then I show that the cards faces vanish, showing the cards I am holding have eye charts on both sides. My audiences give me the reaction I am looking for. Smile I combined Danny Archers with Ricochet, with NFW, and my twist to create this tripple change It plays well, Smile Smile
"Stuff is anything, but magic is everything"

Reed McClintock 2003

nick13245
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of nick13245
I like the stripper deck, and have become very good at them. I make my own decks now, and the tapering on them is so slight, that I think someone who knew how the trick works, would have a hard time doing it, without A LOT of practice.
Jeb Sherrill
View Profile
Inner circle
Elsewhere
1161 Posts

Profile of Jeb Sherrill
Nick,
I must buy a deck off you.

Jeb (Sable)
Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
I don't believe in reincarnation, but I may have in another life.
Garrett Nelson
View Profile
Special user
644 Posts

Profile of Garrett Nelson
I have to agree with M.P.D that Don England's effects are great. Anytime I want to really blow someone away with things that really are impossible, I look to his work. And I am never let down.
Cacoal
View Profile
New user
Lewiston NY
70 Posts

Profile of Cacoal
"Crystal Ball" by Richard Raven is my current fav. An "Invisible" Crystal ball finds the selected card and then an actual crystal ball falls out of the card. Almost always gets a scream.
Leeo
View Profile
New user
Manchester, UK
99 Posts

Profile of Leeo
Another one I'd like to mention is the Anything Deck by Paul Harris. Lot of work involved but well worth it.
Mark Alan
View Profile
New user
St. Augustine Fl.
64 Posts

Profile of Mark Alan
My problem is I have too many favorites
B-Wave... Colour Monte... Twisted Sisters
Skinners 3 card monte... NFW... D Archers eye exam and what about "Aces In Their Faces" an outstanding Ace assembly. Sorry can't pick just one .....Mark... Smile
Martin_H
View Profile
Regular user
Austria
164 Posts

Profile of Martin_H
I like Daryls "presto printo" at all and of course (add to the list) "ulitmate ambitious". Also "Lipstick" Smile is always an amusing stunner for lay audience..
Martin
life is real magic
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2317 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
I like richochet, Jim Paces web trick, nfw, and color monte. They are easy and fun to do. Mental photography deck is fun as well. Smile Smile Smile
dukenotes
View Profile
New user
Winchester, KY
70 Posts

Profile of dukenotes
I'm glad someone else mentioned it, but The Invisible Deck is a great gimmicked deck. More people seem to want to know the secret than just about anything else I do. It's just impossible, and it can be repeated, which puts it ahead of a lot of others.

For variety of effects, of course, there's always the Svengali...
Tom Wolf
View Profile
Special user
Harrison, Ohio
576 Posts

Profile of Tom Wolf
My Favorite has always been "The Castillon Connection" which is an incredible two card connection held at the finish in one hand and the people can really "see" that the cards are linked.

This fine piece of magic can be found in "The Lost Pages Of The Kabbala".

Look it up, you won't regret it.
The magic director and performer at the Rincon Gaucho supper club in Mexico City,

We opened the first and only close-up room for magic in Mexico with Wolf Ruvinskis.
have several new coin vanishes and routines to share shortly just as soon as I can find someone to film them for me.

Now living in Harrison, Ohio
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » What is your favorite Gimmicked card effect? (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..12~13~14 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL