The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Prohibition question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6752 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Good point! The question DOES come up, and has come up a couple of times lately...so...

I've added, "...you're probably wondering why I'm bending the cap...I'm going to need to get it OUT again, without breaking the bottle!" That's the point where I "dump out" the bent cap into my hand...showing the cap when I say the word, "OUT".

I also have a bottle, ready to go, that has an UNBENT cap, so that, if asked later...well...you know where I'm going with this! Smile

Doug
Randwill
View Profile
Inner circle
1915 Posts

Profile of Randwill
I'm still learning the penetration move, but as far as the justification for bending of the cap, I'm thinking along these lines; "Would you believe I can actually put this cap inside this bottle?" They say whatever they say. I bend it and drop it in. They laugh or give me a dirty look or whatever. I dump it out doing the shuttle move thingy, whatever it's called. I say, "That's the easy way. This is the hard way!" Do the penetration, take my bow.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Here is the justification for bending the cap and intro to the routine. I present it as a bar bet "how do you get the cap into the bottle?". The spec will either guess you are a wise arse and bend the cap or you can bend it and show them how slick you are. You can then tell them about how a guy tried to mess you up by capping the bottle and go into the penitration.
Clarioneer
View Profile
Special user
Ferndown, Dorset, UK
624 Posts

Profile of Clarioneer
For further ideas check out these cheap toys - magnetic marbles and jumping beans

http://www.kitsch.co.uk/acatalog/Pocket_Money_Toys.html

or glow in the dark ones http://www.slips.co.uk/product_details.php?item_id=230

don't restrict yourself to bottle caps lol
catch you later

Clarioneer
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Prohibition question (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL