The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Looking for a good Holdout (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

close-up
View Profile
Loyal user
260 Posts

Profile of close-up
I'm looking for a good holdout. It was suggested by several friends to look into a "Trubucco" holdout. I was also advised that it was a little on the expensive side (about $125.00). A Trubucco holdout appeals to me for several reasons. It utilizes a number of M-------s and from what I understand the holdout can't be detected once in place. As I use numerious coins that are S-----d and other items that are attracted to M-------s this is the main appeal for me. I guess my main question is whether a Trubucco holdout is only available by purchase or can this type of holdout be put together by anyone? If this is an item that can only be purchased, where is the best place to obtain one. Your help is appreciated.
Mediocre the Great
View Profile
Inner circle
Rich Hurley
1062 Posts

Profile of Mediocre the Great
If money is the issue, why not fill in your blanks with s----d coins and m-----s and experiment on your own? What have you got to loose?

On the other hand, for $125.00 you'll get the benefit of learning from someone who's put a lot of time and thought into his holdout. If you're a pro, or serious amateur, it might be money well spent.

Do a search and you'll get the opinions of others. The Trabucco holdout has been reviewed on other threads.
Mediocrity is greatly under rated!
--------------------------------------------

Rich Hurley aka Mediocre The Great!
www.RichHurleyMagic.com
magicman899
View Profile
Special user
506 Posts

Profile of magicman899
Is the trabucca holdout something that you can assemble yourself?
BrianMillerMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
CT
2050 Posts

Profile of BrianMillerMagic
I recommend the Trabucco Holdout without reserve. Ever since I purchased one nearly a year ago, I have never performed without it. When it is not on me I literally feel naked. For vanishes, appearances, and changes of small objects this is a beautiful utility item. Bear in mind that the Trabucco Holdout still requires to performer to use sleight of hand and misdirection. It does not do the work for you. Are the actual materials that you receive worth $125? Not quite - but like anything in magic you are paying for the secret. Is the secret worth it? Yes, it is a bargain for the secret. If you actually knew the secret you could probably put together a really, really bad version of it by yourself but it wouldn't be worth your time and effort; much more worth it to simply purchase the Holdout.

It is sold exclusively through Elmwood Magic and you can find it here.
magicman899
View Profile
Special user
506 Posts

Profile of magicman899
Is it true that you get two when you buy it? i.e. two holdouts? is there a demo anywhere?
magicman899
View Profile
Special user
506 Posts

Profile of magicman899
Is there any special clothing required?
BrianMillerMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
CT
2050 Posts

You get one holdout for each side of your body, which you will need. There is no special clothing required, though it is intended for use in a jacket. There is an easy modification for a button down shirt or something similar. This can be done and in my opinion should be done with sleeves up of course.

There is no demo for the Holdout.
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Button down shirt, vest, or jacket as it will be installed there. It's not really two holdouts. It's just that the unit allows you to ditch to the left or the right.
magicman899
View Profile
Special user
506 Posts

Profile of magicman899
Sleeves can be rolled up?
BrianMillerMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
CT
2050 Posts

Quote:
On 2007-02-14 12:25, BrianMillerMagic wrote:
This can be done and in my opinion should be done with sleeves up of course.

I already said it can be done with sleeves rolled up. And because it can be done, it should be done with them rolled up.
magicman899
View Profile
Special user
506 Posts

Profile of magicman899
This sounds very nice
close-up
View Profile
Loyal user
260 Posts

Profile of close-up
Thanks everyone for the imput. I think I'll be buying one in the near future.

close-up
sullivanl
View Profile
Loyal user
277 Posts

Profile of sullivanl
Get a F/K holdout, from what I have heard, it is the ultimate, you will never need another.
magicman899
View Profile
Special user
506 Posts

Profile of magicman899
I think the F/K holdouts are a little out of my price budget.
close-up
View Profile
Loyal user
260 Posts

Profile of close-up
I know that its out of my price range. I understand its well over a $1000.00 for the F/K. Correct me if I'm wrong. Would really like to know more about them.
Jim Stan Magic Man
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago Area
241 Posts

Profile of Jim Stan Magic Man
I agree with Brian. I have used my Trabucco Holdout many times and it always goes over well. Most magicians have no clue if you routine your moves correctly.

Regards,
Jim
close-up
View Profile
Loyal user
260 Posts

Profile of close-up
Does anyone have and additional information on the F/K holdout? And is it as costly as I might imagine?
Rudy Sanchez
View Profile
Special user
907 Posts

Profile of Rudy Sanchez
Quote:
On 2007-03-03 16:37, close-up wrote:
Does anyone have and additional information on the F/K holdout? And is it as costly as I might imagine?

There is one in the "for sale" section.

Rudy
www.cesaral.com
Sales Manager for Cesaral Magic
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Looking for a good Holdout (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL