The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The clothes we wear » » Magician's Ring (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Pathian
View Profile
Regular user
Dayton, OH
175 Posts

Profile of Pathian
I've been searching around for something I recall once being billed as the "magician's ring" There's no effect to it that I recall, I just liked the look of it. I believe I first saw it in a MagicSmith catalog back when they were a Penguinmagic type webstore. Viewed from above it looks like a silver (or silver/chrome-like) V. The only other place I've seen it recently is on Daniel Garcia, I believe you can see him wearing it on his Warning DVD, and possibly on a couple of his other more recent works. Does anyone know where these rings came from or where I can buy one?
Steven Steele
View Profile
Chief of Staff
1868 Posts

Profile of Steven Steele
Pathian,

Chris is still running MagicSmith although he's not a brick and mortar shop anymore. He strictly produces magic and videos. You might contact him at http://www.magicsmith.com and see if he remembers where he got them. Good luck.

Steven
Coram Deo
airship
View Profile
Inner circle
In my day, I have driven
1594 Posts

Profile of airship
I think this is the one you're thinking of. It's called the "M" ring and it's available from BJW Jewelers for $77 + $8 shipping.

http://magicaljewelersbjw.com/index2.htm
'The central secret of conjuring is a manipulation of interest.' - Henry Hay
jakeg
View Profile
Inner circle
1741 Posts

Profile of jakeg
There was a 1 or 2 page history of the ring published in an old Genii. I kept the article and have it somewhere around. If memory serves me correct, it was originally a slave ring, then a magicians ring, then a victory ring during WW2, a slalom skier's ring, and is now being sold to tourists in Liberia as a slave ring.

I've been wearing one ever since I bought it from Paul Diamond at a Pittsburgh IBM, (I think) convention sometimes in the 50's or very early 60's.
Jake g
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
The "M" ring Airship is talking about is created and sold by Bobbi Wilmarth, IBM Linking Ring Editor and new International President Phil Wilmarth's wife. It's a real piece of jewelry...but it does have a magical purpose. The points are very handy for stealing and switching cards, some coins and other items.
Note also that the IBM also offers a College Class Ring style IBM Member ring. very nice. If you're interested, I'll try to find the information on it.
How you leave others feeling after an Experience with you becomes your Trademark.

Magic Youth Raleigh - RaleighMagicClub.org
Rodney Palmer
View Profile
Inner circle
1317 Posts

Profile of Rodney Palmer
I personally own this ring and I did purchase it from BJW Magical Jewelers. And Skip her name is Robbi not Bobbi just FYI. This ring is a beautifully crafted ring my wife like mine so much I have one custom made for her as well. Skip I have never heard/seen of the IBM college ring any info would be greatly appreciated. BTW BJW Jewelers is run by Robbi Willmarth, Gay Blackstone, and Harriet Jacobson BJW stands for Blackstone, Jacobson, Willmarth. Hope this helps if you need order info just PM me and I will be glad to help.
"Creating Memories That Last A Lifetime"

In order to keep "MAGIC ALIVE" Please become a Mentor to a Young Person.
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
DOH! I knew that! Mind...er...gas! Thanks Rod!

By the way, here's the link for the signet ring. http://www.magician.org/Gold_Ring.htm
How you leave others feeling after an Experience with you becomes your Trademark.

Magic Youth Raleigh - RaleighMagicClub.org
RyanRobinette
View Profile
New user
Seymour, TN
2 Posts

Profile of RyanRobinette
Just a quick note...

Us here at Top Hat Magic Supply in Bristol, TN offer a great "M" Ring! Our design has been made from Paul Diamond's original design. You can purchase and check out the ring at http://www.tophatmagicsupply.com. Just go to the website and scroll down on the front home page and you'll see our ring - the pictures don't do this ring justice, but PM me if you would like and I'll send you pictures of mine!

The biggest differance in our rings is that we cast them out of 10kt gold. The is great because if you use 14kt gold or higher, most of the rings will bend and get out of shape...I have had mine for 2 or more years now and it's still the same exact shape and looks great!

We offer Men's and Women's "M" Rings 10kt in White and Yellow Gold. Another advantage of using the 10kt gold, is that the price is much cheaper - but the quality is superior! Men's rings go for $109.95 and Women's rings go for $89.95 - this is a great deal that you should really check out! http://www.tophatmagicsupply.com
tuffnavyrn
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1238 Posts

Profile of tuffnavyrn
It's a bit pricey but this ring is what you'll see a lot of folks wearing.

The Ring at Bob James Magic

-Brian
Brian-
"That smart thing that somebody else said".
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
I was always partial to the puzzle ring:

http://www.puzzlering.net
Dennis Michael
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3728 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
Since I prefer silver, that's the "Magician's Ring" that I wear. I bought mine probably 10 years ago from a magician/jeweler/hairdresser in Texas. The only thing I remember is that his first name was Dickie. GREAT ring at an incredible price. I wear mine all the time, too. Aside from needing a polish right now, it still looks new. I think it was about $60.

Steve
abrell
View Profile
Loyal user
Remscheid, Germany
284 Posts

Profile of abrell
There is a thread with the same topic some months older. There you will also find a link for a museums replica of a real magic ring....
tuffnavyrn
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1238 Posts

Profile of tuffnavyrn
Thanks to Dennis for posting the link on puzzle rings. I never knew they exsisted and they look awesome.
Brian-
"That smart thing that somebody else said".
Dr. TORA
View Profile
Inner circle
TURKEY
1439 Posts

Profile of Dr. TORA
Guys, for a silver ring isn't it so much expensive ??? I believe I can have them manufactured half the price and may include worldwide shipping. I think a little bir stingy ;-)
Magically Yours,

OZLEN TUNCER /Dr.TORA

Have you visited my new Website in English, yet?

www.magictora.com or www.torasmagic.com
Kim
View Profile
Elite user
406 Posts

Profile of Kim
All the links seem to be dead, anyone know who might have/make them now?
Rodney Palmer
View Profile
Inner circle
1317 Posts

Profile of Rodney Palmer
Kim,

Here is the information that you requested.

http://www.bjwmagicaljewelers.com

Type that link in your web browser address box and then search on their site for the "M" Ring and all of their FINE Jewelery.

Rodney
"Creating Memories That Last A Lifetime"

In order to keep "MAGIC ALIVE" Please become a Mentor to a Young Person.
harriet
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of harriet
Rodney,
Thank you so much for giving everyone our website information.
It took me this long to figure out how to get a User Id & password,
so that I could tell everyone interested that we have what they are looking for..."M Rings" Puzzle Rings & more.
A friend had emailed me the thread in May when members were asking who still makes the M Ring.
Magically, Harriet
JNeal
View Profile
Inner circle
I used to have 999 posts, now I have
1623 Posts

Profile of JNeal
This ring was famously worn by Nate Leipzig and he inspired a whole generation of performers to wear a similar one. I believe he willed it to Fred Keating who planned on willing it upon his death to his nephew (Dimitri?)

In any case, there WAS one effect using this ring that was published in Genii about 1960-ish. It was a ring on /off wand sequence that used the unusual physical shape of this ring that allowed the performer tho slide the ring off the wand and rest it sitting on the top surface of the wand balanced as it were. It appeared to be still on the wand and yet easily removed. The drawback inherent in this was that the performer was using his own ring and a rather unusual looking one at that!
visit me @ JNealShow.com
Steve_Mollett
View Profile
Inner circle
Eh, so I've made
3006 Posts

Profile of Steve_Mollett
I wear a custom-made ring: a 14K, grinning, vampire-fanged devil's head with a single, cyclopean eye in the form of a girasol (fire opal).
Author of: GARROTE ESCAPES
The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth.
- Albert Camus
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Ive been dying to find this ring, but I am looking for it in Black or Even A Dark Titanium, anyone can help with that?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The clothes we wear » » Magician's Ring (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL