The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Strolling for Caribbean resorts (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

blink_inc
View Profile
Loyal user
Hamilton
278 Posts

Profile of blink_inc
Hi all,

I have done a few searches and read whats out there regarding this subject, however am looking for more comments, experiences and feedback.

My goal is to take a few routines to the Caribbean resorts offering positive magical experiences to those staying in resorts.

Ideally 2 hours of walk around per day 5 days a week from resort to resort...but that is all yet to be fully planned.

I am interested in hearing from anyone that has done this, where they did it and what their experiences were.

I have been practicing and routining for just over a year for six hours a day. I have invested in the key books as well as many DVD's trying to put together 4 10-15 minute routines. I do a little bit coins, little bit cards, little bit mentalism to create and all around experience (including a 20 min kids routine).

Anyone have anything to share?
I am a Sankey addict....please, help me!

My name is Will, my company is Blink, an experience in transposition.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20384 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2007-02-12 11:04, blink_inc wrote:
Hi all,

I have done a few searches and read whats out there regarding this subject, however am looking for more comments, experiences and feedback.

My goal is to take a few routines to the carribean resorts offering positive magical experiences to those staying in resorts.

Ideally 2 hours of walk around per day 5 days a week from resort to resort...but that is all yet to be fully planned.

I am interested in hearing from anyone that has done this, where they did it and what their experiences were.

I have been practicing and routining for just over a year for six hours a day. I have invested in the key books as well as many DVD's trying to put together 4 10-15 minute routines. I do a little bit coins, little bit cards, little bit mentalism to create and all around experience (including a 20 min kids routine).

Anyone have anything to share?

I work for some of the largest resort companies in the Carribean. Playa del Carmen Mexico.

I don't believe you will get the money you are looking for or will need to pull it off. The rooms are a premium. So unless you plan to provide your own place to live, your own transoprtation, my feeling is that they won't find walk arround magic worthwhile.

Mind you I feel differently personally, but when they have to give up someone who pays $800 a night for the room, it is not cost effective.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Paolo Venturini
View Profile
Veteran user
Lucca (I.) - New York City
385 Posts

Profile of Paolo Venturini
I agree with Dannydoyle.

I did some strolling magic in Dominican Republic on resorts but I was paid from the company...
blink_inc
View Profile
Loyal user
Hamilton
278 Posts

Profile of blink_inc
I plan on living on the island 6 months a year, providing my own transportation and housing.

I am only looking to make $150-200 US per day.

maybe it is out of reach......which is why I ask for past experiences...

Daryl -the other brother
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
594 Posts

Profile of Daryl -the other brother
Quote:
On 2007-02-12 11:34, Dannydoyle wrote:

I work for some of the largest resort companies in the Carribean. Playa del Carmen Mexico.

I don't believe you will get the money you are looking for or will need to pull it off.

Danny, may I ask what you did differently that made it work for you?
P.S. Please don't yell at me for asking what I am sure will be a silly question. Smile
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20384 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Not a silly question at all.

The way to do it differently is to find an entertainment provider in the area. ONE who speaks the language, and 2 who has access.

The second is as important as the first. The all inclusive resorts I work for won't even allow you on the property. You can't just "drop in" on them. It is tough. It is a new idea.

Now I live in Playa, for stints, and I do the hypnosis show. I do the close up for something to do more than anything.

The "entertainment" department, will probably not have the money to do what you want to. Certainly the restaurant will not. The entertainment department has nothing to do with the restaurants. The budgets don't crossover.

What I did differently, is I do the hypnosis show. Then when I was already having dinner at the resort with the entertainment directors, I did some close up. The guests watching and laughing, and well you can see how it went from there.

I don't do the magic for anything but fun. It may be easier to climb the Matterhorn with no arms, than to try to get them to part with that much money for dinner entertainment. I hope this works for you. It is a great idea. The DR is a great place, the company has 2 resorts there and are beautyfull!
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Daryl -the other brother
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
594 Posts

Profile of Daryl -the other brother
Makes perfect sense Danny, Thanks. Playa del Carmen is a beautiful place. My wife and I have stayed at the resorts there several times.
blink_inc
View Profile
Loyal user
Hamilton
278 Posts

Profile of blink_inc
I can see what you are saying as I have been to riviera maya more than once. The resorts there are structured differently than the island that I am planning on targeting.

More laid back, open, and the beaches are not necessarily at the resort. Entertainment is lacking and I know this because I have been to the island 3 years in a row. Different scenario.

Thanks for sharing the mexican experience. The resorts there are not quite my style for some of the reasons you shared.

Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20384 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Believe me when I tell you that almost every resort shares the same formula.

My first bit of advice that may be encouraging or helpfull, is this. Go to one that is NOT all inclusive, which is tough to find any more, and 2 go to one which is owned by a much smaller company. As competition heats up, that is far tougher to find.

Also try to have many things to offer. A show at night for a full evening gig. A daytime kids thing. That may make you more attractive to them.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
blink_inc
View Profile
Loyal user
Hamilton
278 Posts

Profile of blink_inc
Thanks Danny,

I am considering a 20-30 min show for the kids. Maybe as part of their daily activities.

This is a few years away so lots of time to plan and prepare.

The island of St. Kitts has only one large all inclusive type resort, the others are smaller, generally independently owned and old carribean style, so they may see the value add.

We are also planning two other businesses that we will operate on the island, so this is not our only source of income.

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Strolling for Caribbean resorts (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL