The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » This is incredibly cruel, and Maury Povich is the devil (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
This is so cruel, it is pathetically sad. First it's astonishing how completely a phobia could enslave a human being, but to rub it in their face under the thin facade of "We care about you." and "You have to get over this" (while in reality just trying to make "good Television" and boost ratings by making a human being a spectacle), is in the words of Daffy Duck, "Despicable" beyond imagination.

Yeah, yeah, I know it's TV in the twenty first century, but even at that, Maury Povich, you make my stomach turn.

Go here; http://www.jokeroo.com/funnyvideos/fear_of_pickles.html
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
irossall
View Profile
Special user
Snohomish, Washington
529 Posts

Profile of irossall
My personal opinion is this young lady is getting her "15 minutes" of fame and nothing else.
I don't believe she has a fear of pickles any more than I have a fear of breathing.
If this lady does have a fear of pickles, she should seek professional help, not go on an exploitive tv show like this.
This show is a low class show for people who just want to watch something that takes no brain power at all and have nothing better to do with their time but to waste it on a wasteful show such as this.
If she did not ask to go on this show and be exploited I would agree with you Doug but in my opinion she is just looking for some attention and is willing to exploit herself to meet that end.
-Iven
Give the gift of Life, Be an Organ Donor.
gsidhe
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1725 Posts

Profile of gsidhe
I'm sorry...It just makes me laugh.
I suppose that a person could in fact be afraid of pickles. Phobias by definition are irrational fears. That certainly is an irrational fear.
But dang...The whole thing is just silly.
Gwyd, who wishes he personally knew someone who was afraid of pickles
Ellen Kotzin
View Profile
Loyal user
UPSTATE, NY
280 Posts

Profile of Ellen Kotzin
This does not look real.

Ellen
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
I think the most despicable part of this situation is how the Maury Povich show goes out and invades peoples homes, grabs people up, blindfolds them, throws them in a van and drives them across country, forcing them to appear on his television show.

I mean, isn't that kidnapping? Taking somebody against their will and forcing them to appear on a television show? FORCING them to appear on National television with out any regard for the persons wishes???? That is despicable, not to mention criminal.

Wait, what's that? They don't do that? You mean those people appear on the show by thier own free will? I'm sorry, disregard my comments.
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1881 Posts

Profile of Josh the Superfluous
Vandy, Try to show a little sensitivity. Sometimes life throws challenges at people, that can only be resolved through syndicated talk show appearances. Not everyone can make it on the more mainstream ones like Springer or Dr. Phil. Maury's show is an important alternative for the little guy. I speak from personal experience. When my mother-in-law got pregnant, it was Montel Williams who paid for the paternity test that saved my marriage.
What do you want in a site? "Honesty, integrity and decency." -Mike Doogan
"I hate it, I hate my ironic lovechild. I didn't even have anything to do with it" Josh #2
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Quote:
On 2007-02-13 11:29, Josh the Superfluous wrote:
When my mother-in-law got pregnant, it was Montel Williams who paid for the paternity test that saved my marriage.

Well that's a whole different story. Montel Williams HELPS people. He has Sylvia Browne on every five minutes providing comfort to families. Like when she comforted Shawn Hornbecks family by telling them thier son was dead and buried in a shallow grave somewhere, killed by a hispanic man with dreadlocks. That's good television. Not like this evil pickle phobia stuff that Maury does.
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3528 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Quote:
On 2007-02-13 11:38, Vandy Grift wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-02-13 11:29, Josh the Superfluous wrote:
When my mother-in-law got pregnant, it was Montel Williams who paid for the paternity test that saved my marriage.

Well that's a whole different story. Montel Williams HELPS people. He has Sylvia Browne on every five minutes providing comfort to families. Like when she comforted Shawn Hornbecks family by telling them thier son was dead and buried in a shallow grave somewhere, killed by a hispanic man with dreadlocks. That's good television. Not like this evil pickle phobia stuff that Maury does.

don'tcha love how Sylvia Browne seems to be getting increasingly bored with her "job" every time she comes on Montel? She was all-but doing her nails and rolling her eyes while performing her cold-reading sthick last time I saw her...
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Quote:
On 2007-02-13 15:00, gaddy wrote:
don'tcha love how Sylvia Browne seems to be getting increasingly bored with her "job" every time she comes on Montel? She was all-but doing her nails and rolling her eyes while performing her cold-reading sthick last time I saw her...

Hopefully shes bored enough, and has ripped enough people off, that she'll "retire". Even if she continues her BS telephone readings (700 bucks for 20 minutes, 15 of which are spent fishing.) it would be nice if she wasn't on national TV once a week.
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
The whole thing makes me hungry.
Al
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Servante
View Profile
Inner circle
1330 Posts

Profile of Servante
It's the way they light the pickles, Al. Smile
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2325 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
Yeah,
Maury just needs to stick to finding "daddies" for babies. "You are...THE FATHER!"
I hate that show!
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
If the girl DOES truly have a phobia about pickles, it makes you wonder what is repressed in her mind. What could have occurred in her life , perhaps in her childhood that makes her fear pickles?

Hmmmmmmm.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » This is incredibly cruel, and Maury Povich is the devil (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL