The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » DOUG HENNING - Walk of Fame 2007 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Shawn Farquhar
View Profile
V.I.P.
Canada
760 Posts

Profile of Shawn Farquhar
Hey there,

For the past few years I have tried to get Doug Henning a star on the Canada Walk of Fame. Unlike the US counter part one can not just buy a star, they must win the star. This is done simply by having a number of devoted fans fill out a form on a website. Names like Shania Twain, Jim Carey, Kiefer Sutherland have all been given a star. It's all about the fans. I guess magicians just don't have enough time or resourses to get the numbers required. I understand this would appear to be the case but when folks like Walter Ostanek get a star ...come on you know Walter...the Polka King ... why not Doug ....

Don't know Doug, then your under 20 and probably only started magic in the last few years and haven't really studied our art. I say this because Doug and his magic are a part of why magic is done the way it is today...without him we would most likely all still be top hat, tuxedo guys pulling bunnies from hats....yes David Copperfield came after Doug... anyways off my soap box...

Got a second? Go to:

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/contest.......xml.htm

Cheers,

Shawn Farquhar
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Done!

Anybody else care to jump in? I expect everyone who participated in that " whatever happened to doughenning.com " thread to do there part here.. LOL

Best,

Tim
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4574 Posts

Profile of silverking
My vote is in! Thanks for getting this going Shawn.

Please folks, even if you're not in Canada, and even if you're not inclined to fill out surveys.....stop by:
http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/contest.......xml.htm

and VOTE FOR DOUG!!

Doug deserves this, and only we can make it happen.........just think of that smile!
inidyls
View Profile
Veteran user
NYC
315 Posts

Profile of inidyls
Done
Illusion77
View Profile
Veteran user
383 Posts

Profile of Illusion77
Done also
Jim Poor
View Profile
Special user
Fairfax, VA
676 Posts

Profile of Jim Poor
Me too.
Laszlo Csizmadi
View Profile
Special user
From Hell
868 Posts

Profile of Laszlo Csizmadi
Done
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3528 Posts

Profile of gaddy
The Polka King, Shania Twain, KIEFER! Can ANY mere magician compete...
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
jkesler
View Profile
Loyal user
246 Posts

Profile of jkesler
Done
beguna
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of beguna
My pleasure to vote for Doug Henning. Someone recently sent me a copy of his first tv special. VCR's were pretty expensive and rare back then, and the old tape was poor quality. Still it was a pleasure to watch.
Marshall Thornside
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
2016 Posts

Profile of Marshall Thornside
I too nominated Doug.
Here's what I wrote:

Doug Henning came to my father to build one of a handfull illusions for his broadway show. When he retired, it was the one illusion he did not auction off. Doug is always remembered in our house with a letter that is framed when he bought the illusion and a playbill. having doug honoured with a star will be a wonderful tribute to one of the foremost entertaining canadian magicians that hit the TV and stage all over the world.
you will remember my name

World's Youngest Illusionista
7th greatest pianist in the world
Go Red For Women and Stroke Ambassador
www.mai-ling.net
bcookmagic
View Profile
Elite user
seattle wa
472 Posts

Profile of bcookmagic
You will get it done Shawn..we all have ya back. Brian
If your not having fun doing what your doing....dont do it!
WWW.BRIANCOOKMAGIC.COM
leapinglizards
View Profile
Inner circle
1263 Posts

Profile of leapinglizards
DONE as well!!
Leaping Lizards!!! Who knew it was possible.
<BR>
<BR>www.LeapingLizardsMagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » DOUG HENNING - Walk of Fame 2007 (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL