The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Mini Cups ans balls (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

The Pianoman
View Profile
Veteran user
Lliving in Scotland.
340 Posts

Profile of The Pianoman
Hi all, I saw a mni set on Ebay made in brass seeling out of the USA.
I have a full size set and always fancied a set of these small ones.
Are they actually any use in the real world. The cup size is 1.25 inches....thats pretty small.
My question then is are a significant number of you pro guys using these,or are they another cute idea destined for the back of a drawer somewhere.

Regards Alan
Jim Poor
View Profile
Special user
Fairfax, VA
676 Posts

Profile of Jim Poor
I just saw a routine called Cups & Balls and Cups & Balls done by David Regal. He used the "child's set" set of C&B as and introduction and a final load. It was pretty good. The small set you mention might be useful for something similar.
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, Pa
2934 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
The nice thing about the mini cups is that you can do a routine in your hand
and don't need a table. Dennis Loomis has a great routine for his 'Micro Chop"
cup. Scott Guinn also has a nice routine utilizing the mini cups. (Both Dennis and Scott frequent these forums) They may chime in here. I use the Riser/Loomis
Micro Chop Cup in my restaurant work. ALWAYS gets a great reaction and easy to carry in your pocket.
DP
If you can't help worrying, remember worrying can't help you!
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13397 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I use the mini paul fox cups by RNT2. I love them and use them.

The perfect venue for my using them was when I was hired for an all-day event for 3 days. I wandered the venue with a rolling lefler table (which I would normally never do) and performed much right off of it including a mini 3 cup routine. Not as long or as involved as my normal routine and just one final load that appears with all 3 cups stacked together at the end.

Jake's cups are the perfect height for me, and we all know how nice the paul fox shape is for many different reasons that aren't worth getting into here.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
The Pianoman
View Profile
Veteran user
Lliving in Scotland.
340 Posts

Profile of The Pianoman
Thanks guys, I will looking into these ideas..

Regards Alan
Ragman
View Profile
Regular user
161 Posts

Profile of Ragman
Milt kort had a book called "Kort is in session" that has some info for this size cup. I know Magic Inc. in Chicago has it still in print.
I use them on a regular basis as they can also be worked like the shell game. I also have the benefit of the cups and balls in my pocket. You may find that one of the cups in the set is a Chop cup. Which you may find handy but generally the balls which come with the set are not a chop type ball but are simply rubber balls.
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
All the voices in my head helped me make
2156 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Pianoman, I have several sets of the Kort cups and one came with 2 sets of identical routine booklets. If you PM your address I'll be happy to send you one of my copies.

Jake
For quality Paul Fox Cups spun on Danny Dew's Paul Fox tooling visit us at www.airshipmagic.com
Magic_Steve
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
1476 Posts

Profile of Magic_Steve
"Sing us a song, your the pianoman; sing us a song tonight. We're all in the mood for a melody; and you got us feelin alright."

Sorry, couldn't resist. As for the RNT2 cups, I am looking into the ones that Frank described. They seem interesting, and perfect for restaurant work. I just need to save up some money, and then I might take the leap.

Best,
Steve
Magic.J.Manuel
View Profile
Special user
I have danced upon
666 Posts

Profile of Magic.J.Manuel
I got a set of these tiny brass combo-cups and found them too small to be practical. And the wrong shape to use as shells.

I prefer a set that will take a a golf ball for a final load.
I also have other larger cups for other venues.

The Micro chop cup is great, "in the hands", but I do not see using the three combo-cups and balls in the hands, and the one that is a chop cup is nowhere near as nice as the Riser/Loomis cup. I think James Riser has some excellent looking small cups on sale now.
Nothing would get done at all, if man waited so long that no one could find fault with it.
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
All the voices in my head helped me make
2156 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
The new Riser mini cups are GREAT. They are balanced, smooth to handle and look natural. The weight is hefty but not too heavy for strolling. Get them while you can though, Jim has a post on his site that he is extremely busy, for the $$ you can't go wrong with them.

Jake
For quality Paul Fox Cups spun on Danny Dew's Paul Fox tooling visit us at www.airshipmagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Mini Cups ans balls (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.65 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL