The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Biggest / best tip? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
blink_inc
View Profile
Loyal user
Hamilton
278 Posts

Profile of blink_inc
Did the check clear?
I am a Sankey addict....please, help me!

My name is Will, my company is Blink, an experience in transposition.
johnnymystic
View Profile
Inner circle
North Adams Ma.
1576 Posts

Profile of johnnymystic
Quote:
On 2007-02-22 11:33, blink_inc wrote:
Did the check clear?

Lol!

Yes, I charged 'em $200 for a show and after the show they wrote a new check for $300 and said I deserved it. Smile

It felt nice.

johnny
I drink cheap tequila and vomit
<BR>I cannot eat hot wings...acid reflux
<BR>I never inhale Smile
<BR>I can put a field dress on a deer
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11161 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Quote:
On 2007-02-22 12:59, johnnymystic wrote:

Yes, I charged 'em $200 for a show and after the show they wrote a new check for $300 and said I deserved it. Smile

It felt nice.

Way to go! That's a perfect audition for your next gig with them, too!
~michael baker
The Magic Company
TomKMagic
View Profile
Special user
I tripped over
610 Posts

Profile of TomKMagic
Not my biggest tip ever, but I once had different tables buy me beers, and at one point, I had consumed 5 beers and had 6 more that were still just sitting on the table, in which I drank 2 more, and had to give the rest away to my fellow magicians. Yeah, this was at a convention, and I was performing at a restaraunt for the locals. Lots of fun every year.

Probably my biggest tip was $50 extra from a birthday party for 6 year olds.

Tom
You must be smarter than the tools you are using...

Tom Kracker
My website
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Best tip was $75 from the absolutely most beautiful woman I ever was hired to work for...her name was Gina...
ixnay66
View Profile
Inner circle
Denver
1504 Posts

Profile of ixnay66
A friend of mine recently got a $1000.00 tip from Dean Koontz after doing a private show at his house. Then again, he has a 52,000 square foot house and lots of money. That's a great tip though!
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Yes, but is Dean Koontz smoooookin'?
close-up
View Profile
Loyal user
260 Posts

Profile of close-up
My largest tip was $340.00. This individual was a very wealthy gentlemen from down under who was I assume trying to impress his girl friend. He sure got my attention.
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17197 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
Way back in the 70's playing a chinese resturant where the owner was a magician, I used to work there a lot working out new routines for my road show. He had a private dining room, some guy came in with a bunch of business types, the owner sent me back to do some entertaining for them. I figured out real quick who was the client they were trying to smooze and played to him big time, making him the guy with the straight flush in my poker routine, etc. He loved it. When they left the guy paying the bill came over and handed me 5 100 bills and thanked me profusely. Apparently it impressed the client.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
SoCalPro
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern California
1603 Posts

Profile of SoCalPro
Quote:
On 2007-03-03 22:24, close-up wrote:
My largest tip was $340.00. This individual was a very wealthy gentlemen from down under who was I assume trying to impress his girl friend. He sure got my attention.

I can't compete with that or this:
Quote:
A friend of mine recently got a $1000.00 tip from Dean Koontz after doing a private show at his house. Then again, he has a 52,000 square foot house and lots of money. That's a great tip though!
However, a client booked me for a friends party at his friends beach house. His words were... "Some people bring wine to the party, I'm going to bring you". That was pretty cool. I did my stand up show for $350 and he paid me in cash and tiped me $150.00. Very cool I thought. This same gentleman has called me 2 other times, one of which was in a house that Simon Cowell (from American Idol) now owns. Both times he has payed me the same in cash and tipping me the same. The last time, his brother called me for his daughters grad party at this clients house near Bev. Hills. When it came time to get paid, his assistant paid me...with a check... no tip. I wonder what would have happened if my original client paid me in person? Smile I keed....I keed. I don't care about the tip. I was just thrilled that because of him I got several gigs.

Oh..I forgot to mention that this clients brother was the one who originally saw me in a restaurant and refereed me to HIM. Also, this clients body guard booked me for his kids party on his recommendation. I'm thinking I need to send him a little "how are you?" note now. Smile

BTW, I'm afraid to ever turn him down when he calls for fear that he'll find a new Magic guy. Smile

JIM
JeffMac
View Profile
Veteran user
Sudbury, ont
350 Posts

Profile of JeffMac
Broke my tail bone on thursday and someone brought me a doughnut to sit on...
not the biggest tip I ever got but deffinatly the best
Jim Poor
View Profile
Special user
Fairfax, VA
676 Posts

Profile of Jim Poor
Ouch!
BCaldwell
View Profile
Special user
is really regretting his
524 Posts

Profile of BCaldwell
I was finishing my 3rd and final hour performing at a local bar when a group of 15-20 bikers and their ladies came in. As I finished my last table one of them shouted "Aren't you going do some magic for us, magicman?" I went over and performed John Cornelious' Borrowed Bill Routine using the guy that shouted's hundred dollar bill. At the end of the performance he took the hat off the biker next to him, threw the hundred in it and passed it around! I made over $400 but they didn't let me keep the hat.
"...that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller Smile

~Bob~
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Biggest / best tip? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL