The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Higley Envy! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

leapinglizards
View Profile
Inner circle
1263 Posts

Profile of leapinglizards
Ok.... I couldn't take it any more.... I saved my pennies and I have done it. I ordered my first Zibbit..... Can;t wait until our sideshow craftsman has finished working his magic!
Leaping Lizards!!! Who knew it was possible.
<BR>
<BR>www.LeapingLizardsMagic.com
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
I can't wait either! Thanks Dean for the kind words and the order!@
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
leapinglizards
View Profile
Inner circle
1263 Posts

He she it HAS ARRIVED! WOW. This was worth the wait.

I have to say, Doug's creations are a fun bit of Hokum and I love his support materials, E books and more.

This Mer is a work of (Hideous) art! I already have several ideas and places to use this, AND the Mer will be making an appearance soon. She is large enough to show off detail, and so several people could gawk at once, but small enough to travel with, pack and tour.

Another thing I have to praise Doug on his is integrity... I have recently looked at a few sideshow gaffs on Ebay and I always come back to the same thing... How can you use these things when ANYONE can search ebay any time and find them? Doug has made it clear that he won't betray the integrity of his Zibits by keeping them somewhat underground... That's why he's the "Phantom of the mindway."

I've heard rumor that Doug may not be able to make some of these things as often due to materials and such, and that the prices may also have to go up... so, let me tell you, if you were thinking of purchasing something that will make your inner carney squeel (and perhaps your spouse say "What the heck were you thinking) don't delay! My spouse just stood there looking at the mer and new shrunken head saying "Eeeeeeeewwwwwwwww!"

I can forsee getting several other Zibits in the future!

Thank you Doug Higley!
<BR>
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Thank you for the kind words Dean. Much appreciated. Smile
leapinglizards
View Profile
Inner circle
1263 Posts

I only speak the truth! Smile
<BR>
Rappel
View Profile
Veteran user
Memphis Tn.
303 Posts

Profile of Rappel
I'm waiting on mine now. I have big plans for my Zibit. I want to add to Leapinglizard's comments that Doug is a really nice guy too! I spoke with Doug for quite a while via phone and he went on and on about the do's and don'ts of presenting the Zibit at the flea markets and fairs. Some things not mentioned in his "how to", the mistakes others made by not sticking with the psycological aspects of presenting THE STRANGE THING. I should have taken notes or even recorded our conversation for future reference. But the key is to know WHY it works the way he presents it, and not the "old school way".
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
I try not to go 'on and on' once the point is made...there are a lot of points though! Smile

Actually the How-To has it all if you follow it you should be in tall cotton.
Rappel
View Profile
Veteran user
Memphis Tn.
303 Posts

Profile of Rappel
Doug, I meant that you went on and on with the tips and ideas. I think 'on and on' may have been the wrong words to use to express what I meant.

Rappel
mota
View Profile
Inner circle
1658 Posts

Profile of mota
Two friends of mine just returned from a ten day fair where they grossed $6000...the ten day fair before that they grossed a bit over $3000, all with one zbit.

The $6000 fair with their little nine foot tent outgrossed a very well known sideshow operator with banners, several staff, and a sixty foot front.

It ain't a bad system.
abigkahuna
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of abigkahuna
Craig, might that be Mr. Strong and his outfit out in Texas. What was it, the Houston Stock Show?
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Abigkahuna...Mota did not mention anyone by name for a reason...no fishing without a license.
ssucahyo
View Profile
Inner circle
1955 Posts

Profile of ssucahyo
I am one of the very satisfied owner of Doug Higley product.
The superior quality of his Dark Museum make me proud to show to every body...
Very realistic looking.

CC
leapinglizards
View Profile
Inner circle
1263 Posts

Doug has satisfied MANY... wait... that sounded wrong Smile
<BR>
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Higley Envy! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL