The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Water tank escape (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

BBunnell
View Profile
Regular user
Utah
115 Posts

Profile of BBunnell
A while back, I asked for some opinions about a water tank escape. I finally came up with a design, built it and performed it. I thought some of you may be interested in seeing the final product.
To view the pictures you may go to:
http://members.networld.com/brucebunnell/gallery.htm
Bruce
Your Friend in MAGIC
Bruce
numamagic@yahoo.com
www.numamagic.com
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5322 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Bruce, I've tried a couple of different times and could not connect to you site. Maybe it is just me and my primitive computer. Anyone else have a problem?

I'm looking forward to seeing your solution.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2485 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
It might notbe you Harry, I couldn't get there either.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
Joe Marotta
View Profile
Special user
Can You Believe I Have
944 Posts

Profile of Joe Marotta
Bruce, I couldn't get your link to work either. I even copied it into another browser but still no good.
mark2004
View Profile
Loyal user
UK
215 Posts

Profile of mark2004
Quote:
On 2007-02-18 10:26, Joe Marotta wrote:
Bruce, I couldn't get your link to work either. I even copied it into another browser but still no good.

It worked fine for me.
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2485 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
It worked today, Nice pictures.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
BBunnell
View Profile
Regular user
Utah
115 Posts

Profile of BBunnell
I suspect that my ISP, in trying to recover lost email and other email problems, was not available for connection. I'm not sure. Try again and let me know. If I continue to have problems, is there a site any of you know of where I can post pictures?
Thanks.
Your Friend in MAGIC
Bruce
numamagic@yahoo.com
www.numamagic.com
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5322 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
It worked today! Nice tank! I loved the look on your daughter's face when she got soaked. I guess she wasn't part of the rehearsal! LOL!!!

Good work man!
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
Viano
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of Viano
The design of the cell makes a lot of sense. We had one similar to that partially built when I retired. The wheels look good. Dixey Dooley used to have a conventional UDC that was on wheels. He could quickly clear a stage. Every time I was draining our stationary UDC, I would think about how nice it would be I could roll it over there. Our show was a historical recreation of a Houdini show, so we had to use the traditional UDC. We would frequently strip the show down, for a smaller venue (or smaller gate). This was our plan for the smaller cell. One version of the smaller cell had the escapists hands coming up through the lid and secured with hand cuffs. We had another underwater escape of this style and we always had the local Sherif or the Police Chief lock us in with his cuffs. In small towns, that gave us instant credibility.

I applaud your creativity! I am jealous.

Viano
BBunnell
View Profile
Regular user
Utah
115 Posts

Profile of BBunnell
Thank you everyone for your kind comments. I am glad the link is working!
Bruce
Your Friend in MAGIC
Bruce
numamagic@yahoo.com
www.numamagic.com
Kevin Ridgeway
View Profile
V.I.P.
Indianapolis, IN & Phoenix, AZ
1829 Posts

Profile of Kevin Ridgeway
As Viano stated, indeed having any type of water tank escape on wheels is very critical, especially if you do more than just the water tank in your show.

Kristen's water cell is on wheels as most know. It can be pulled by one person across concrete, wood and even carpet. Her water cell weighs a mere 1450 pounds when full.

Bruce, great looking tank. Please let us know if you post any video, I'm sure many here would love to see it.

Kevin
Living Illusions
Ridgeway & Johnson Entertainment Inc

Kevin Ridgeway &
Kristen Johnson aka Lady Houdini
The World's Premier Female Escape Artist

www.LadyHoudini.com

www.livingillusions.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Water tank escape (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL