The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Bob Cassidy - Mentalist Ebooks (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
emptycupmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
216 Posts

Profile of emptycupmagic
Received the following on 3/13 from his drbob@mastermindreader.com email address. Nothing delivered yet.

Dear patient mentalists-

AMMT has finally been uploaded and I am sending out individual download links. If you haven't received yours already, you will have it within the next 24 hours.

There has been a considerable delay in the release of this eBook and I think an explanation is appropriate. Over the past several months I have become increasingly despondent over the number of my exclusive releases (as well as the mentalism books of many others) that have been ripped off and illegally sold on Internet auctions and made available on peer sharing networks. The breadth of these copyright violations is staggering and I really don’t know what the answer is.
I’ve done the best I can do- by uploading many versions of the eBook, each encrypted with the names of the individual purchasers receiving that version (otherwise they are all identical) to assure that my material doesn’t end up in the wrong hands. This is why individual download links are required.
I am afraid, though, that if the rip-offs continue, it will become increasingly difficult for me to release much more material in electronic format.
All I can ask right now is that you keep the material to yourself. It is the only way you can preserve its value to working performers.
(And a special thanks to all of you who have given me the "heads up" when unauthorized copies of my materials have been made available on Internet auction sites or on Peer to Peer file sharing networks.)
Best always-

Bob Cassidy
psychic
View Profile
Veteran user
337 Posts

Profile of psychic
Maybe this will work:

All of us who have ordered from him list out what we have. So we all know what we have, what we don't. From there, we order, deliver the ebooks and pay the amount to each order. Upon receipt, we as ethical mentalists pay back to Bob via his website. Leave a message for him saying that there is no need to deliver the ebooks. That way, we get what we want, there is no need to wait and credit Bob for his work.

Now, I am looking for The Impromptu Psychic and Journey through the Fourth Dimension. I have most of his ebooks though so you might be lucky.

Any takers? Hahahaha.... LOL !!
mormonyoyoman
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug 5,000 postholes, but I have only
2440 Posts

Profile of mormonyoyoman
Though I don't think I'd agree with trading e-books back and forth, it would be good to make a list of books which Bob has actually released.

It might be easier to list those which haven't arrived. F'r instance:

BEYOND FUNDAMENTALS
ADVANCED MENTAL MIRACLE TECHNIQUES (Was that the title? It's been so long ago..)

...have never appeared, to my knowledge. On the other hand, I can verify that IMPROMPTU PSYCHIC and JOURNEY THROUGH THE 4TH DIMENSION were distributed.

*jeep!
--Granpa Chet
#ShareGoodness #ldsconf

--Grandpa Chet
David Numen
View Profile
Inner circle
2075 Posts

Profile of David Numen
It's interesting that Journey through the 4th Dimension has been distributed because it's YET ANOTHER ebook I should have had as a subscriber to his new releases but once again (like his last 3 or 4) I haven't been sent it.
Spasm
View Profile
New user
Hiding beneath your bed.
18 Posts

Profile of Spasm
Don't forget everyone that "Puzzled" will only be available for 3 more days!!

Limited to 25. . . 50. . . 75 or more downloads
Get this exclusive release now before it's too late!!!

You may not actually ever receive it, but order today!
All spelling and grammatical errors are strictly for entertainment purposes only
sourcerer
View Profile
Regular user
Netherlands
175 Posts

Profile of sourcerer
Well....I *did* get "puzzled". Indeed assuming it was a limited release, which I guess in a way it is since he won't ship the others :o
actorscotty
View Profile
Veteran user
wilmington nc
398 Posts

Profile of actorscotty
Yup, also got the email about how bob is trying to stop ripoffs,still havent recieved the link.Bob, look in the mirror, you are the biggest ripoff artist here, lotta nerve saying someone is ripping you off........
Spasm
View Profile
New user
Hiding beneath your bed.
18 Posts

Profile of Spasm
What amazes me is the fact that Bob, or his webmaster underlings, can always seem to find the time to update his website, but nobody at Mastermind HQ can be bothered to send any paying customers an e-mail with a download link.

I understand Bob's reluctance to automatically send out an e-book after someone has paid for it. It seems far wiser to simply not bother fulfilling these orders at all and alienate the customers who are willing to pay for his work. This is basic Marketing 101.

Now some people might become embittered by this poor treatment and turn to the dark side, seeking out pirated copies of the work they paid for but never received. I however will continue to send my Paypal dollars into the Mastermind lottery, hoping that one day my order will be selected for fulfillment.

Oh happy day!
All spelling and grammatical errors are strictly for entertainment purposes only
churken
View Profile
Regular user
California
199 Posts

Profile of churken
I have had nothing but good experiences dealing with Mr. Cassidy. I have ordered many individual pieces from him and also twice went for his offer of any 10 ebooks for $100. I have received all of my ebooks with no problems or delays.

Actually, there was a problem with The Manchurian Candidate (I can't recall which book it's in), but when I emailed him he promptly sent me the pdf file of that effect.

I would not hesitate to order from him again.

Paul
sourcerer
View Profile
Regular user
Netherlands
175 Posts

Profile of sourcerer
When you order ask him to send me the 180 dollars worth of props he never sent. Since he won't reply to me.

Kaj
Iain Moran
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, England
693 Posts

Profile of Iain Moran
Quote:
On 2007-03-30 20:18, sourcerer wrote:
When you order ask him to send me the 180 dollars worth of props he never sent. Since he won't reply to me.

Can you also ask him for my copy of Beyond Funamentals, Journey Through the
4th Dimension, One-Man Billet Routines and others I've long forgotten about.

Iain.
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of Tom G
He's supposed to be at Hank Lee's convention this year...

Tom
David Numen
View Profile
Inner circle
2075 Posts

Profile of David Numen
Quote:
On 2007-03-30 18:11, churken wrote:
I have had nothing but good experiences dealing with Mr. Cassidy. I have ordered many individual pieces from him and also twice went for his offer of any 10 ebooks for $100. I have received all of my ebooks with no problems or delays.

Actually, there was a problem with The Manchurian Candidate (I can't recall which book it's in), but when I emailed him he promptly sent me the pdf file of that effect.

I would not hesitate to order from him again.

Paul

Might I suggest you order "Contact" or "Beyond Fundamentals" and see if your opinion changes? You see, I ordered them nearly two years ago and, as far as I know, he still hasn't actually written them yet.

I have had good experiences with Bob - when it's stuff he's already written and is already available he has never failed to deliver it. However, since I took a subscription on his next 10 future releases over a year ago he has singularly failed to deliver.
actorscotty
View Profile
Veteran user
wilmington nc
398 Posts

Profile of actorscotty
Got an email saying the website has been updated and has new stuff,etc. but no word on when the promised link to past order will be sent....sigh
PsiDroid
View Profile
Inner circle
2164 Posts

Profile of PsiDroid
Updated. again ?? silly excuses which people keep buying:good job mr.cassidy !!
sibbie
View Profile
Special user
East Coast
525 Posts

Profile of sibbie
Well, he had time to make a deal with Lybrary.com which is a good deal for those who want the material without having to deal directly with him.
Dr. Eamon
View Profile
Inner circle
------------John Dream------------If you can Dream it, you can Do it!
1317 Posts

Profile of Dr. Eamon
Maybe the Bill Switches...
Presentation is everything!

If you can Dream it, you can Do it!

The eXtreme SVENPAD Supreme eBook
Mariagi
View Profile
Special user
MIND, MYTH & MAGICK
654 Posts

Profile of Mariagi
Maybe someone in a hurry to reach 50 posts with posts like "unbelievable" "yes" "no" "maybe the bill switches" should not talk too much about mr.cassidy
GusVanNostrum
View Profile
Veteran user
With automatic writing I've produced
343 Posts

Profile of GusVanNostrum
Quote:
On 2007-03-28 20:04, sourcerer wrote:
Well....I *did* get "puzzled". Indeed assuming it was a limited release, which I guess in a way it is since he won't ship the others :o

As of today; Puzzled is avaliable through Lybrary.com. So much for exclusive-ness.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Bob Cassidy - Mentalist Ebooks (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL