The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Catch this if you can! » » What is your favorite juggling item? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Stick Man
View Profile
Regular user
UK
178 Posts

Profile of Stick Man
Mine at the moment is basketballs. I don't know why, but I think it was because the challenge of dealing with weight and size was fun.

Also if you can juggle 4 playing cards there's a competition at superhandz that you will have a fair chance at winning!
Daniel J. Ferrara Jr.
View Profile
Regular user
Long Island, New York
182 Posts

Profile of Daniel J. Ferrara Jr.
I like torches because of the reaction that I get. For some reason, people are really scared of fire.
Pokie-Poke
View Profile
Special user
Bensalem, PA
883 Posts

Profile of Pokie-Poke
Diablo!! for now. Formerly it was the devil sticks.

But I have juggled almost anything, all the standard props, plus when I was a kid my dad had me show off in his office, juggling things that he had lying around. So now I can juggle near anything I can hold.
www.pokie-poke.com
The Adventure cont...
TroyRoark
View Profile
Loyal user
Springfield IL
282 Posts

Profile of TroyRoark
I really dig shaker cups! They're unusual, they attract a crowd, and I'm the only one doing them in my parts.

Troy Roark Smile
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24111 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Different color balls.
DanielCoyne
View Profile
Special user
Western Massachussetts
544 Posts

Profile of DanielCoyne
I've been struggling with some new 4" stage ball prototypes from Renegade. They're bright orange, hard plastic, and half filled with sand. Like a Russian stage balls only heavier with a rigid shell. They're problematic in a lot of ways, but when I get a five ball cascade going high and smooth, it's really beautiful.

I'm thinking about trying to learn all my stuff with junior size (15cm) rhythmic gymnastic balls. :c P

-Dan
One Man
View Profile
Elite user
Frederick, MD
491 Posts

Profile of One Man
Go find Peter Panic in the Boston area and see his 5-ball volleyball cascade.

Very nice.

Kevin
fettucinibrother
View Profile
Veteran user
North Carolina
306 Posts

Profile of fettucinibrother
Quote:
On 2009-07-24 22:37, One Man wrote:
Go find Peter Panic in the Boston area and see his 5-ball volleyball cascade.

Very nice.

Kevin

Those are actually Women's water polo balls that Peter Juggles... similar, but different.
http://www.fettucinibrothers.com
http://www.greatfettucini.com
http://www.fettucinientertainment.com

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool - William Shakespeare
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Small children are my favorite juggling props. I come from a large, poor family, and we couldn't afford balls, so I learned to juggle by throwing my brothers, and sisters up in the air. This turned out to be a dufficult task because my brother Michael was so fat.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Yellowcustard
View Profile
Inner circle
New Zealand
1311 Posts

Profile of Yellowcustard
I have not done it for a while but 3 metal balls and you catch one behind your head and it knocks you out. Its a old trick but I love it.

I like juggling toys that make noise that's fun.

Also learnt two diablos a couple of years ago and I still love doing that.
Enjoy your magic,

and let others enjoy it as well!
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24111 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I like how Al Angello taught me how to juggle silks last weekend. It is very easy. I now put that at the beginning as my favorite.
Rotten
View Profile
Special user
833 Posts

Profile of Rotten
Devil Sticks. I started with a Dube' when I was a kid. Broke it in half on my knee doing a helicopter bounce from foot to knee. It happened onstage so there went two minutes of the act.

Then I bought a cheap "juggle bug" devil stick and juggled that for so long (7 years) that the ends were rounded and not square. It's much shorter and faster than the Dube. I had a wood worker turn me three new ones just like it since it's what I'm used to and it had customized itself. Then I changed to a racket for stage but I prefer the stick to play with.

I also enjoy my whips. Not really juggling but close enough.

Now I rarely ever play. : (
manal
View Profile
Inner circle
York ,PA.
1412 Posts

Profile of manal
Quote:
On 2009-07-26 11:59, Al Angello wrote:
Small children are my favorite juggling props. I come from a large, poor family, and we couldn't afford balls, so I learned to juggle by throwing my brothers, and sisters up in the air. This turned out to be a dufficult task because my brother Michael was so fat.

Have you tried kittens?
Life is too important to take seriously.

james@jamesmanalli.com

www.jamesmanalli.com
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Manual
Do not try kittens, because they are soo hard to let go.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
itshim
View Profile
Elite user
Milton Keynes
417 Posts

Profile of itshim
I love plates, for plate manipulation rather than juggling.

As an aside a friend of mine juggled 2 balls and a dog the other day (not showered but in cascade pattern). It was a very small dog but I believe he is now on the run from the RSPCA.

Nigel
I knew a man who kept saying "pliers, pincers, scissors". He was speaking in tongs.

www.itshim.co.uk
Pokie-Poke
View Profile
Special user
Bensalem, PA
883 Posts

Profile of Pokie-Poke
Baby geese!
www.pokie-poke.com
The Adventure cont...
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3404 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
At the moment I'm playing with 5kg medicine balls. Only got 3 on the go right now... And not for too long either. But it's a fun workout Smile
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
mkmager
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of mkmager
Swards! They build suspense.
Comedy Writer
View Profile
Special user
594 Posts

Profile of Comedy Writer
Boomerangs!
jugglestruck
View Profile
Inner circle
Wales
1038 Posts

Profile of jugglestruck
I think the ultimate juggling props are silicone balls, they feel like velvet and bounce too! Not the crowd pleaser fire is but they make you feel just great!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Catch this if you can! » » What is your favorite juggling item? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL