The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Parasol Load Question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Amazing Binky
View Profile
Loyal user
Lancaster,OH
224 Posts

Profile of Amazing Binky
I have Joker Lam's DVD which shows how he loads his parasols using rubber bands to secure them and was wondering if an elastic band sewn into the sleeve would achieve the same results without the need for rubber bands or would this be work harder?
Paul Jester
View Profile
Special user
UK
759 Posts

Profile of Paul Jester
I'd suggest sticking with rubber bands but sewing them to the holder. This way they don't catch the parasol during production and they stay there. As the elastic ages they're reasonably easy to replace. Also remember to attach whatever you use on the outside so as to reduce friction.
Paul
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7665 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Stick to the rubber bands but put them on the upper third of the load sleeve. That way you do not fight resistance the whole way.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
By using rubber bands, you elimate the need to tear your holder apart and insert a new elastic every so often. The suggested rubber band idea is a good one.
Magic Monkichi
View Profile
Elite user
Ontario, Canada
401 Posts

Profile of Magic Monkichi
Quote:
On 2007-02-18 21:24, hugmagic wrote:
Stick to the rubber bands but put them on the upper third of the load sleeve. That way you do not fight resistance the whole way.

Richard

that's exactly what I was going to say haah! I learned that a while ago...off of his lecture on flower magic. And it's saved a lot of flowers and other production item's lives. Thanks Richard.

Matt
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Well here I go breaking the rules again!

What I use is a very well made 1 1/4" steel ring only attached in one place. Therefore, with the parasol gone, it flattens out against things around it.

Folks that eat grits for breakfast are just different, I guess.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Amazing Binky
View Profile
Loyal user
Lancaster,OH
224 Posts

Profile of Amazing Binky
So the ring holds the parasol in place because of the natural angle? Interesting. Do you sew it in or pin it?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Parasol Load Question (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL