The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Card Manipulation + Flourishes = ? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Liyao
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of Liyao
I wonder what would happen if, during stage competition, and I am doing the card manipulation stuff and my flourish covers more than my manipulation act..

Does this affect my score and is it still known as card manipulation act? Am I off the side in the category in card production ?

Please send your thoughts here.
Jeb Sherrill
View Profile
Inner circle
Elsewhere
1161 Posts

Profile of Jeb Sherrill
I don't see why a difficult flourish shouldn't win you some points the same a way a tough equipment or sleight would. To be honest though, I don't know for sure. I've never seen a card manipulator who didn't use them. Fans are flourishes, and so are arm spreads. Scaling might be considered a flourish as well, considering it isn't a trick, per se. Bottom line: it couldn't hurt.

Sable
Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
I don't believe in reincarnation, but I may have in another life.
Geoff Ray
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of Geoff Ray
To me a flourish is card manpulation. You still have to manipulate the cards to do the flourish and it is just as difficult
boltt223
View Profile
Regular user
Arizona, USA
175 Posts

Profile of boltt223
I believe that the flourish IS part of the act. It should make no difference at all if it is a large or small part of the act. Smile
Zauber280
View Profile
New user
Long Island, NY
67 Posts

Profile of Zauber280
Flourishes, when well executed, look pretty magical to me!
--
Joel

"In this age, which believes that there is a short cut to everything, the greatest lesson to be learned is that the most difficult way is, in the long run, the easiest."

-Henry Miller
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Card Manipulation + Flourishes = ? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL