The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » One linners and jokes for SJ escapes (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
Hi I am looking for one linners and jokes for my SJ escape which is part of my street show. Any thoughts/idears will be great.

Pull it tight, tight just like last night.
For the bum strap, stick it in the whole, the buckel you sick pepole.
When you see my left arm go above my head, if you hear aloud craking noise follwed by a scream, that is not part of the, call a medic.

Thanks
Mario
Arkadia
View Profile
Special user
Sweden, Sundsvall
866 Posts

Profile of Arkadia
Well, the old one everyone uses:

When the head is slipped through the arm: "It is a boy!"

/Ark
Don't miss out on the great new mentalist magic: www.metalwriting.com
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4415 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
When the strap goes between your legs if using a male volenteer:-

Now you are a man so you know what I mean when I say I'm hanging to the right so stay LEFT!

Obviously this depends on the audience!

Dave
ufo
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
1185 Posts

Profile of ufo
The only joke I use in my jacket routine...
"These are devices that were specifically designed to restrain the criminally insane...this one's mine." Its funny because its a true and deadpan statement. I don't "say it funny".
"What's your drug?" she asked. "Hope" he said, "The most addicting one of all."
KerryJK
View Profile
Special user
Northampton UK
621 Posts

Profile of KerryJK
The most reliable "ad-lib" I use when doing SJ is, "Have you ever strapped a transvestite into a straightjacket before?".

Maybe you could put "Welshman" in in place of "transvestite"?
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2485 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Good to see you Helen, I don't think I've seen you in a year! Welcome back. I love your line.

For me, I would add my own touch...

"Have you ever strapped a milionaire into a straitjacket before...? Don't worry you're not going to now."
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
Ms. Morgan
View Profile
Veteran user
The Garden State
399 Posts

Profile of Ms. Morgan
Helen, I 2nd Cliff, nice to see you around again.
"Have you ever strapped a transvestite into a straightjacket before?" that's a great line Smile

For me when I get to "that" strap I look at the guy and say "Sir, I picked you because you look like a Gentleman...please don't disappoint me."
If he pulls tight I let out a little "ohh" then give him a little smile and say "I've been looking for that spot for years." If the crowd gets it "..do it again" It's always a fun one for me.
I had a guy once taking a long time with that strap so I looked over my shoulder at him "Hey, can I ask you something?... Are you looking at my Butt?" Took a long pause as the laughing died down. He said "no" so I said "....why not? everyone else is..." One of the best reactions I ever got.

Ms.M
World Magic Award's "Escape Artist of the Year"
www.EscapeChick.com
www.illusionbiz.com
www.WackyDracky.com
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3612 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Strap between legs done up by a male >>>>>>> Turn around blow him a kiss and say I think Im falling in love!
ufo
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
1185 Posts

Profile of ufo
Helen-good to see you again!
Ms.-Funny!
Does anyone have a terrible experience story concerning everyone's favorite strap?
"What's your drug?" she asked. "Hope" he said, "The most addicting one of all."
KerryJK
View Profile
Special user
Northampton UK
621 Posts

Profile of KerryJK
Thanks Cliff, Morgan, ufo! Smile I've been stepping back a bit from Helen for a while to sort a few issues out with the act, I'm getting ready now to bring her back as part of a double act (I've got a partner to handle the more laconic and slutty side, allowing me to get on with being lovely and innocent).

Terrible experiences; not so much with the crotch strap because I'm tucked up pretty tight down there anyway when performing, but I did have some jerk in a nightclub in Sheffield keep grabbing at stray straps as I escaped, trying variously to prevent me from getting on with the escape and drag me offstage. He vanished right after I 'quite by accident' caught him with a lovely belt across the arm with a free arm strap as I continued to struggle.
dylan1961
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of dylan1961
I used to use many many lines, depending on the situation. A few that usually got good responses were, as they are putting me in, "By the way, I sell these after the show, they make great babysitters". Another, for the adult crowd, as they buckle the crotch strap, "Hey! I appreciate the estimation, but you can go a little tighter". After I escape, "Many of you may wonder why I do this. The truth is I'm an unemployed geologist".
pastorclyde
View Profile
Special user
576 Posts

Profile of pastorclyde
Good to see you Helen! Love everyones lines! Kevin of Living Illusions has some great lines around that but they are his to share.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » One linners and jokes for SJ escapes (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL