The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Shattering Illusions (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MyTurnPlzAA
View Profile
Loyal user
NC
288 Posts

Profile of MyTurnPlzAA
Dear All,

This book has been mentioned to me to get as I need more creativity In my magic.

Does anyone have it, please could you help me out

Regards

Jaems Smile
MarkFarrar
View Profile
Veteran user
U.S.A.
376 Posts

Profile of MarkFarrar
Yes, I bought it at The Magic Circle Dealer's Day last year.

It's a very thought-provoking book, but it doesn't contain any tricks.

Most of the content has been published in Genii already, but each essay has additional "afterthoughts" included.

If, like me, you haven't read Genii, then it's a great read, but if you have read the Genii articles, then I suspect it's still worth adding to your shelves.

The articles are varied, and they clearly demonstrate that Jamy Ian Swiss is dedicated and passionate about his art. However, they are very readable and very well-written.

Provided you have an open mind and are willing to ask yourself some searching questions (and answer them honestly, of course), then I would recommend this book heartily. It belongs next to books like "Strong Magic", and there aren't many of this type around.
Mark S. Farrar

Email: [email]MarkFarrar@TheMagicCircle.co.uk[/email]
Web: www.MagicSquaresBook.com, www.RandMPublishing.com, www.TheDailyGoalMachine.com, www.ParvoBuster.com
Vilago
View Profile
Loyal user
230 Posts

Profile of Vilago
You can get a feel for some of these essays by going to http://www.jamyianswiss.com. Some of them are posted there.
KC
View Profile
Special user
Utah
571 Posts

Profile of KC
It is a very strong book. It is a very thought provoking book that I'm requiring my beginning student to read certain essays from the book. Some of the stuff will be over his head, so I'm just having him read the essays which are the most relevant to him.

And from what he told me, my student has finished reading the whole book on his own, and enjoyed it.
Gary
View Profile
Veteran user
Market Harborough, UK
367 Posts

Profile of Gary
Hit the Search button and you will find the reviews and comments on this publication.
"I can see clearly now, the brain has gone"
- Anon
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Shattering Illusions (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL