The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » What To Buy? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
JSMagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Boston
202 Posts

Profile of JSMagic
Which is better for a kids show/have you had the best success with? Topsy Popsy Wand or Rocky Raccoon? Thanks Josh-I also need a clatter box but I figure the first 2 are what I'm better off getting. Josh
If a magician is not intending to "trick" a spectator, why is every "trick" called a magic "trick"?
Vilago
View Profile
Loyal user
230 Posts

Profile of Vilago
I love the topsy-popsy wand because the kids (little ones) think it's soooooo funny. Plus, it's so simple to do that you can spend all of your energy interacting directly with the audience.
Billy Whizz
View Profile
Special user
Plymouth, UK
576 Posts

Profile of Billy Whizz
Hi JS & Vilago, I don't think I've heard of the topsy-popsy wand. What is it?

Billy Smile
JSMagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Boston
202 Posts

Profile of JSMagic
A fairly big magic wand (2 inches wide, about a foot in length)-You squeeze one end and the white tip goes flying about 10 feet (without you knowing) so that gets the kids screaming-you put the white tip back on when you realize you lost it and the other end flys off, of course this getsd even more laughs. Cheapest I have seen it is 13.50 on themagicwarehouse.com ---Josh
If a magician is not intending to "trick" a spectator, why is every "trick" called a magic "trick"?
Billy Whizz
View Profile
Special user
Plymouth, UK
576 Posts

Profile of Billy Whizz
Thanks Josh.
magibrad
View Profile
New user
Canada
59 Posts

Profile of magibrad
I think the racoon is your best bet personally. I am considering useing it in my dove pan...so it depends on your prop situation, whether he fits into your routine or not i suppose.

-Brad
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
The wand is now produced and sold by Trixie Bond for $15.00 and is call a Topsy-Popsy Wand. I own two and an older one I tied a string to the ends (Small hole, tied a knot, glued and taped it.) Now it doesn't go far. As I put it back on the other end pops off. A nice slapstick gag. I know Samuel Patrick Smith sells them. This is another nice wand gag bit of business like the many David Ginn talks about in his excellent Kidbiz Book
Dennis Michael
JSMagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Boston
202 Posts

Profile of JSMagic
i just ordered his kidbizv book and am expecting it anyday! josh
Vilago
View Profile
Loyal user
230 Posts

Profile of Vilago
Josh,

It's also in "Children Laugh Louder"...just in case you have a copy. In there it's called the "Pop-Away Wand"...
JSMagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Boston
202 Posts

Profile of JSMagic
Thanks man-Josh
Jewls
View Profile
Veteran user
Michigan-USA
360 Posts

Profile of Jewls
I have a spring racoon and a spring skunk the skunk gets more laughs!
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
The Skunk gets more laughs? I wonder why, does it have to do with stinky stuff is funny to the kids?

Yes the spring skunk is a good prop to have.
Dennis Michael
JSMagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Boston
202 Posts

Profile of JSMagic
I also have both of them...well im getting them in the mail soon.
flourish dude
View Profile
Inner circle
from ? But I know where I am going!
1195 Posts

Profile of flourish dude
Rocky and and the wand are two different things. As for a stand alone I would go for Rocky. as a comedy filler or a running gag the pop wand.
I would get them both.
but I f I had to pick only 1 it would be Rocky he/she/it adds something different to your show (other than magic) plus you could do so much more with Rocky.
hard call depends on what you are tring to do and what direction your show is going in.
Nothing of the same will bring any change, take action today!
Just taking a step, is a step in the right direction because when you stop working, your dream dies.
www.magicalmemories.us
p.b.jones
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford Haven. Pembrokeshire wales U.K.
2642 Posts

Profile of p.b.jones
Billy,
The wand refered to is just a copy of the popaway wand that supreme used to sell.
There seems to be a lot of this American remakes of old supreme effects since they closed.
Phillip
Billy Whizz
View Profile
Special user
Plymouth, UK
576 Posts

Profile of Billy Whizz
Thanks Phillip, I know the one you mean now.

Billy
Vilago
View Profile
Loyal user
230 Posts

Profile of Vilago
I think a good distinction, made above, is that Rocky is more of a routine item, whereas the pop-away wand is more of a gag item to be used in a routine.
p.b.jones
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford Haven. Pembrokeshire wales U.K.
2642 Posts

Profile of p.b.jones
HI,
I would go for the clatter box
Phillip
JSMagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Boston
202 Posts

Profile of JSMagic
Hey guys-Just to let you know I ended up buying the topsy popsy wand, rocky raccoon, the spring skunk AND the clatter box (All within 3 weeks!)-I LOVE ALL 4 OF THE ITEMS, THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP! JOSH-To anyone reading this, I also suggest the Bongo Hat, I have one and the kids really get a good laugh when i turn the kid around to reveal the omonster face...to anyone that doesn't know, trust me it gets TONS of laughs! Josh
Salazar Magic
View Profile
Veteran user
New Jersey
344 Posts

Profile of Salazar Magic
why don't you try them both?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » What To Buy? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL