The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Self Opening Soda By Nefesch (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1892 Posts

Profile of Titanas
Quote:
On 2007-02-24 18:41, Eric Gretencord wrote:
I thought I would give a review once I was able to successfully prepare a can. A 6-pack of Dr. Pepper later and I still have had no such luck. I think it's because my ****b is too big and the only other solution for that ends up wrecking the prep work. There is an inconsistency in the visual aspect of the effect that should be considered. Anyone else got this to work yet?

pm'd you.
Bests,
Titanas
Product Developer @ Murphys Magic Supplies
Mesquita
View Profile
Special user
917 Posts

Profile of Mesquita
Thanks for the reviews guys!

Regards,

Mesquita
"Siempre somos tres me acompaña la luna y me sigue mi sombra" René Lavand
gmmagic124
View Profile
Special user
751 Posts

Profile of gmmagic124
Sounds like a neat effect.
I guess after you practice it a bit, you should be good to go.
I like this idea.
pkg
View Profile
Inner circle
The City of Ithobaal I son of Hiram I
1356 Posts

Profile of pkg
Heal it, seal it, get it to open by itself....possible?
Double posters should be shot!

No really!!
leapinglizards
View Profile
Inner circle
1254 Posts

Profile of leapinglizards
I have not tried it, but I believe they are compatible.
Leaping Lizards!!! Who knew it was possible.
<BR>
<BR>www.LeapingLizardsMagic.com
Jason Shapiro
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of Jason Shapiro
Heal it, seal it, open by itself .....not compatible at all in my mind. Sinful , misdirection, healed and sealed ...compatible. I still like the thinking and I feel 22 bucks is worth it from what I've read. I will post a review after a 12 or 24 pack or so of practice. Thank You for releasing this. Looking foward to blowing frosty air and crying blood!
Jason Shapiro
tuffnavyrn
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1239 Posts

Profile of tuffnavyrn
Sounds like a cool effect.
Brian-
"That smart thing that somebody else said".
Jason Shapiro
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of Jason Shapiro
You could, however, have the can open by itself...pour the contents into a glass. While they are reacting, you ask them if they want to see it again. "SURE" ,drink the soda, refill the can, seal it, then simply open it with your hands. I could see that playing strong, if you have Mrs. Direction on your side!
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4253 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Opening it alone is a great effect lol, not adding a bunch of twist, turns, cross crunches, rainbow a soccerball over your head, bend it like beckham to add to the effect Smile
KOTAH
View Profile
Inner circle
2235 Posts

Profile of KOTAH
Both hatchling and SOS are refreshing ( pun intended) creative new pieces of magic; certainly worthy of consideration.

KOTAH
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14057 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Homer: "Mmmmmmmmmmm Self opening soda can."

Seriously, what could be more magical? Blaine and Angel, eat your heart out.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14057 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
For the money, what am I getting? a manuscript or pdf? The ready made gimmick? What?
This sounds really appealing, but I'd like to know what I am buying.
Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1882 Posts

Profile of Josh the Superfluous
I'm not too wild about it at the end of Healed/Sealed. The manual force required to open the re-sealed can, seems like an important part of that effect. IMHO
What do you want in a site? "Honesty, integrity and decency." -Mike Doogan
"I hate it, I hate my ironic lovechild. I didn't even have anything to do with it" Josh #2
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14057 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Wonder if it would go good with Paul Harris's "Fizz Master"?
leapinglizards
View Profile
Inner circle
1254 Posts

Hi Doug,

On the web page it says that you receive a manuscript, the only "gimmick" is either something you have or can get cheap from most dealers.

Also, there are several versions of the effect which don't use any external gimmick, just the can.

:)
<BR>
info2victor
View Profile
Veteran user
337 Posts

Profile of info2victor
Wow, I'm really considering this one. Seems ordering it from leapinglizards' page is the fastest way (and I don't mind pdf files).

I'm ok with the setup up on the can since I can imagine myself holding one and just tell my friends I've learnt an interesting way of opening it. I just want to know at the moment I place it in their hands or the table the entire setup is made and when it opens I can pour the drink that is drinkable, and the can can immediately be examined (I'm afraid I have to get rid of some gimmick-left-over before handing out the can). This seems important to me since the best effect I can think of is it opens in their hands and they pour our the drink for me. In this case the can will always in their hands.

As always, if the answer to that exposes anything, just let me know.

Thanks.
It only takes a minute to learn how it is done, but takes a lifetime to learn how to do it.

You've got a coin?
Nefesch
View Profile
Special user
El Salvador
612 Posts

Profile of Nefesch
Hey info2victor
I am sorry to answer your questions a little late.

But ok here it comes:
The set up can be made infront of your spectators, and they will note nothing. You will have to practice this good enough, so you can make the set up faster and almsot unconsiosly, once you have the skill, the rest is piece of cake.
Also the can TRULLY OPENS at your comand, so YES you can pour the drink inmidiatly, and of course it is totally drinkable Smile . You don't have to worry for the gimmick, believe me on this : THEY WILL NEVER SEE IT.

Also I would like to add, that in the leaping lizards secret forum for SOS (self opening soda), I have added a new method ( there are several in the book you received with your purchase) that is not included in the original book, this other method might be the same powerful than those included in the book, or even more powerful.

Also in the secret forum, you will find as a bonus the effect: CARD OR BILL to soda can. I include the method for this effect, and some extra ideas in the leaping lizards forum for SOS. So I want to invite all SOS owners to join the forum.

Any further questions, I will be here arroun, to answer them.

Magically yours

Néfesch
leapinglizards
View Profile
Inner circle
1254 Posts

By the way, Nefesch, I looked at your additions on the forum. NEAT ideas!!! Many thanks!
<BR>
Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1892 Posts

Profile of Titanas
NEAT ideas indeed!!!
Keep up the great job.
Bests,
Titanas
Product Developer @ Murphys Magic Supplies
Eric Gretencord
View Profile
Regular user
Houston, TX
155 Posts

Profile of Eric Gretencord
How does one get on the forum?
He who wonders discovers that this in itself is wonder.
-M. C. Escher
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Self Opening Soda By Nefesch (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL