The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Interlace combined with a self tying shoelace, which one STS or Animated (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2543 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
I have ordered Interlace and it should be on its way. I was thinking if I am going to mess with my laces having them magically tie would be a cool kicker. I don't know the method yet to Interlace but am wondering if either the Self Tying Shoelace or the Animated Shoelace would work with Interlace.
It would be need if it would be the same lace you just took the ring off. If not, maybe as you tie up the lace you just took the ring off you notice the other untied and cause it to magically tie with STS or animated.
The question is which do you all think would work better with Interlace?

I thought as a follow up to Interlace it might be cool to "explain" how the ring transposes through time and space. You give them another demonstration with David Regal's There and Back. Just a thought.

-Paul
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2543 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
Since nobody replied I will say now that I have interlace you could combine it with STS or animated shoelace if you put one of the self tying laces on the other shoe. I don't see a way to put one of the self tying shoe laces on your shoe that is set up to do interlace.

Best,

Paul
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
I don't know if Interlace would work with either, considering I don't own it, but I do have STS and Animated Shoelaces. I must say, I love STS. I am wearing it right now. Animated Shoelaces, however, is not good at all. To be honest, it's a horrible trick. Your shoelaces aren't really tied and you have to walk around with a clear string on you all day. I would buy STS, and you will have a good trick even if it doesn't work with Interlace.

Jeff
ixnay66
View Profile
Inner circle
Denver
1525 Posts

Profile of ixnay66
I wouldn't combine them. The self tying laces trick isn't half as strong as Interlace so you'll be weakening the effect of Interlace by doing self-tying afterwards. Interlace is a CLOSING effect. The Self-Tying shoelace isn't. It's something you set up to do impromptu when someone says "Hey, your shoelace is untied." Know what I mean?
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2543 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
Yeah, you're right. It would weaken the effect of interlace since it is not near as strong of an effect. Maybe if it could be done on the same laces that you untie to take the ring off. Even that is a maybe. Thanks for the replies.

-Paul
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Interlace combined with a self tying shoelace, which one STS or Animated (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL