The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » OLEP Cage Size? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bryan Gilles
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1729 Posts

Profile of Bryan Gilles
I've been working on a new OLEP and am debating the use of a larger cage. I was wondering if a cage measuring 20" tall x 13" wide (both ways- squared bottom) is too big? Without spilling too much here, I'm wondering if the cage size would be too much of a difference, that it would pull away from the performance?

-Bryan
haywire
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia
760 Posts

Profile of haywire
I think I have seen perhaps 6 different magicians present this trick. In all 6, the cage size was about the same, that is a typical size for a canary I guess.

I think a cage too big may seem odd. Are you building this? Care to share how?

I would very much like to build an olep cage myself.

Steven
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
Keep in mind that this is essentially a sleight of hand trick that has been "automated" by illusion builders from the "EZ Magic" school of making magic available for the millions.

You don't really need a cage to make a small bird appear or disappear unless you are afraid of handling the bird. The whole trick can be done using a Devil's Hank if you need a prop- or right out in the open in your bare hands if you are comfortable working with birds wearing harnesses instead of locked up inside holders.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20501 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
In this case, Bryan, I think a larger cage makes it a smaller effect. Somethings just work that way.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com http://www.magicbysander.com/
Bryan Gilles
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1729 Posts

Profile of Bryan Gilles
Thanks Bob... Seems you saw where I was headed with this one.

-Bryan
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » OLEP Cage Size? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL