The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Cups and Balls routines...what's in your repertoire? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I just tested the Ireland cups, and they are not narrow-topped enough to do the Paul pickup move with the 2-inch sponge balls. Sorry.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Mr. Muggle
View Profile
Special user
999 Posts

Profile of Mr. Muggle
Johnny Paul's cups are at the top of my "wish list". I should have jumped the last time Pete said he found a set...ah well, live and learn.
"Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it because you're not really looking. You don't really want to know the secret... You want to be fooled." - The Prestige (2006)
walid ahumada
View Profile
Special user
sinaloa, mexico
892 Posts

Profile of walid ahumada
I don't have small sponge balls, but I think any cheap plastic cups will do the pickup move.
Just for fun, will somebody do the test for me, and let me know the size of the sponge ball I need?
“Magic becomes art when it has nothing to hide.” BEN OKRI quote
Motor City
View Profile
Special user
Metro Detroit Area
587 Posts

Profile of Motor City
I do a very slight variation of Vernon's routine. Over the years, it has stood up well. I had the good fortune of seeing Vernon perform the routine at his lecture in 1959. After seeing Vernon perform it, I just HAD TO learn it.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
I really don't know Vernon's routine. (Sorry, I haven't been able to pick up a lot of the classics.) I do have a rather nice routine from Mark Wilson's Course of Magic which does me well. I made a sleight change in that I don't care what Mr. Wilson says, you can't carry three lemons in your right pocket! I made them larger red balls made of yarn.
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
LOL, true about the final loads.

The Mark Wilson one was a nice complete routine. I may actually go back and look at it again, it's been a long time sonce I cracked open that book.

If you're looking for Vernon's routine, I would suggest just searching "Dai Vernon" on you tube. It's on there, but a very old vid with bad audio from an appearance on Wilson's show.

Honestly, good, but not my favourite. HOWEVER, I have not seen too many C&B's before he came about and all, so I guess I have been fortunate to have been born into a world already influenced by Vernon Smile
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Cups and Balls routines...what's in your repertoire? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL