The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Zoran's Horror Cutter (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
walking_liberty
View Profile
Elite user
458 Posts

Profile of walking_liberty
Me too.
Mystification
View Profile
Special user
567 Posts

Profile of Mystification
Looks terribly obvious to me, and it also looks like it would be easy to make real cheap. Nothing new here.
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2697 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Once you see it in real life, I think you would be happy with it. put it this way, go show this to a cop in your town...i guarantee his taser will be coming out and if you didn't stop "cutting" yourself, you'd be twitching on the ground screaming Smile
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
RooMan
View Profile
Special user
Texas
703 Posts

Profile of RooMan
It looks pretty cool (as far as I can tell from the pixelated video) but I thought I heard a very loud "click" at one point in the removal of the blade from the finger. Is this just a glitch?
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7294 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Well I ordered mine and ill try to review when it play with it a bit.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18559 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
There's no clik. It is not easy to make...there are several custom bits. I suggest getting a syringe to load the blood--it's easier with one. It is NOT obvious to the spectator's.

If the EFFECT is one you can use by all means get it. It looks a lot better in real time vs. the demo.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7294 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Thanks Pete. just so I'm ahead of the curve do you know where I could buy Syringes, without giving the wrong perception. Im in the Military and they would make a big deal about that.
Logan
View Profile
Inner circle
2273 Posts

Profile of Logan
A question about the blood, is it supplied? Do they teach you how to make more?

How easy is it to transport the knife whilst loaded with blood? Any chance of leakage?

Thanks in advance guys!

Logan
You've been hit by, you've been struck by, a smooth criminal.

Singapore's Hairiest Corporate Comedy Magician!
CoinMan21
View Profile
Elite user
China
442 Posts

Profile of CoinMan21
The blood is supplied. Stevens Magic does sell refills for $3 per bottle. You can get theatrical blood them from most novelty or costume shops. There are many home-made receipes available online too.

I am awaiting for mine to arrive so I can't comment on the leakage part.
Magicsquared
View Profile
Inner circle
1255 Posts

Profile of Magicsquared
I'm not sure what Mr. Biro is talking about, there is very definitely a click when the razor is removed.

I'd be curious to hear some reviews from people once they've received this. To me it very clearly looks like "the magic growing blade" effect as it gets noticably shorter and longer. At first I thought maybe I was just thinking like a magician, but then I figured that it doesn't take any specialized knowledge to know that those are the types of razors that go in and out of the handle. Perhaps the blood would be disturbing enough that people wouldn't have time to apply logical thinking. Who knows?
Logan
View Profile
Inner circle
2273 Posts

Profile of Logan
CoinMan21,

Thanks for the info! I am aware of the existence of home-brewed recipes, do you happen to have any recipes of preference?

Can anyone comment about chances of leakage?

Magicsquared,

I have to admit that the growing blade thing is there, but it's a discrepancy. I hadn't noticed it when I watched it the first time because the blood and the realistic way the blade ate into the finger mesmerized me. But I did catch it on the 2nd viewing.

I think perhaps the drama of performing this live combined with the realism of the illusion is more than enough to cover up for the discrepancy. Besides, the whole thing is over pretty quickly, so that reduces the time frame available for spectators to make any deductions, hopefully.

I don't have it, I'm just theorizing here.
You've been hit by, you've been struck by, a smooth criminal.

Singapore's Hairiest Corporate Comedy Magician!
Magicsquared
View Profile
Inner circle
1255 Posts

Profile of Magicsquared
Quote:
On 2007-03-15 21:12, Logan wrote:

I have to admit that the growing blade thing is there, but it's a discrepancy. I hadn't noticed it when I watched it the first time because the blood and the realistic way the blade ate into the finger mesmerized me. But I did catch it on the 2nd viewing.

I think perhaps the drama of performing this live combined with the realism of the illusion is more than enough to cover up for the discrepancy. Besides, the whole thing is over pretty quickly, so that reduces the time frame available for spectators to make any deductions, hopefully.

You could very well be right. I don't normally mind discrepancies, but this one happens right at the moment where the effect happens and right where everyone should be focusing.

But I've seen people get away with more blatant things, so I'm not discounting the effect, just passing on my reservations.
bobn3
View Profile
Special user
Wichita, KS
718 Posts

Profile of bobn3
This is now fully set up on the video page. The buy link is now next to the video demo link on the video page I put the link to above. I was in the shop returning the DVD that I made the demo from, and I saw that they had gotten a number of them in.

Bob Phillips
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11912 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Here is the burb, is this the same thing?

http://www.stevensmagic.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=8904
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11912 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
I read reviews......wish I could get demo to work
DougNicols
View Profile
Special user
843 Posts

Profile of DougNicols
I plan to be screaming loud enough as I'm cutting into my finger, that nobody will hear any clicking sound whatsoever. Smile
Mystification
View Profile
Special user
567 Posts

Profile of Mystification
That's just to obvious. These utility knives have a "click" feature, so when you extend the blade, they audibly click. It just looked so obvious to me that at the time the most heat is on the knife, you have to extend the blade. Then when removing it, you have to retract it. Im not giving anything away here, you can see it and hear it on the demo! I actually made something similar to this about 5 years ago. It was crude Im sure compared to this, but the click feature is what doomed it for me. If I rendered it silent, then the blade was loose and not stable and wouldnt work right.
bobn3
View Profile
Special user
Wichita, KS
718 Posts

Profile of bobn3
Candini...yes, it is the same thing. To get the video to work, go to http://www.apple.com, and click on the QuickTime link at the top of the page. From there, download the free viewer...there are both Mac and Windows versions available.

Bob Phillips
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7294 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Fastest shipping ever.... If these guys are like this all the time then I'm ordering a lot more from Stevensmagic. I just ordered mine on the 15th and I just got it in. Ill give a play and get back to you guys.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11912 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Thanks Bob, looking forward to review Paisa....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Zoran's Horror Cutter (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL