The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Zoran's Horror Cutter (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
Newb2
View Profile
Elite user
483 Posts

Profile of Newb2
Quote:
On 2007-06-08 01:47, donkeys and waffles wrote:
Does anyone know if this is available anywhere else but stevensmagic ? I was trying to find it a bit less expensive. Thanks.

No sir, it is a Steven's Magic exclusive. You can check out the Tricks for Sale forum but I've only seen ONE for sale. It's probably that good.
donkeys and waffles
View Profile
Loyal user
From Florida but all over US now....
294 Posts

Profile of donkeys and waffles
Thanks Newb2, I saw the one for sale but as usual, it diappeared faster than a set of 20 inch rims at a p diddy concert. Stevens it is. thanks again.
3 people can keep a secret if two of them are dead... Benjamin Franklin
squando
View Profile
Elite user
444 Posts

Profile of squando
This is awesome. I am trying to devise the right plot, story for this effect. I will use the guaze idea above and an accident. I need to have a reason for having a first aid kit ready (for the gauze).
Frank
J.Robert
View Profile
Loyal user
Gettysburg, PA
240 Posts

Profile of J.Robert
Anyone come up with a better way to do the switch? Is it possible to carry the gimmick in the pocket without a mess?
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3631 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
I was thinking use it as a pitch for miricle medical wipes =D
Mark Rough
View Profile
Inner circle
Ivy, Virginia
2110 Posts

Profile of Mark Rough
Somebody needs to do a really heavy presentation with this. Something about the ability to control ones own pain. And then, after a pause, self heal. And play it for real, dang it! This is theater, for crying out loud.

I imagine someone coming out dress in scrubs, white please. Spreading a white sheet or perhaps a sheet of thick plastic sheeting out on the floor and sitting cross legged in the middle. From a medical bag, bring out a roll of gauze, set it by your left knee. Then bring out a clear plastic irrigation bottle with rubbing alcohal and a few gauze pads. Use the alcohol to clean the right index finger. While you're doing this talk about how you learned to control pain. I'm not going to do this for you, think learning it in a martial art, or yoga, or having to live with a chronic pain issue. Use your imagination. But do it in as few words as possible.

Place the bottle back in the bag and bring out the blade. Do the cut, but keep a total flat expression on your face the whole time. Just saw and drip, saw and drip for 20 seconds without saying thing. Make the silence work. Finally, let out a faint whimper. Your concentration is broken and your start to feel it a little. Put the blade away. Hold the injured finger out so it still drips onto the plastic you're sitting on. Slowly wrap the wound. Put the remaining props back into the medical bag. Sit with rapped finger pointing up about 10 inches in front of your face.

How do we make it heal? Blow on it? No, over done. Waving a magic wand? please! Maybe a shamanic ritual. . . a moment of close eyed meditation or are these even too hokey in this day and age. Not sure

Then again, if you can get enough blood in the chamber, just keep sawing and dripping blood, and slowly slump over. And have someone roll you up in the sheet and drag you off stage. Either way.

Okay, now what we have here is a parlor piece or something for a small stage.

But here's the deal, if you follow up with a card trick, as much as I like card tricks, I will hunt you down and smack some sense into you with a hard salami.

Raven
What would Wavy do?
Mark Rough
View Profile
Inner circle
Ivy, Virginia
2110 Posts

Profile of Mark Rough
By the way, I love this effect.
What would Wavy do?
Mark Rough
View Profile
Inner circle
Ivy, Virginia
2110 Posts

Profile of Mark Rough
What so you guys were never inspired by Harold and Maude?
What would Wavy do?
J.Robert
View Profile
Loyal user
Gettysburg, PA
240 Posts

Profile of J.Robert
Mark, loved your ideas. I'm going to use my cutter to close my Halloween shows, no card tricks to follow! Would you show the real blade first and do the switch while getting something from the bag, or bring out the real blade at the end?
Mark Rough
View Profile
Inner circle
Ivy, Virginia
2110 Posts

Profile of Mark Rough
Just off the top of my head, I would say if you're on stage, you don't need to switch it out. If you bring it out, do the cut, and either put it away or slump over dropping it in your lap (not lapping just naturally dropping it out of sight) nothing would be exposed.

Not on stage? Yeah, you'd probably want to show the real blade at the beginning and perhaps at the end as well.
What would Wavy do?
Vince_the_vince
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of Vince_the_vince
You rock Mark!!
Mark Rough
View Profile
Inner circle
Ivy, Virginia
2110 Posts

Profile of Mark Rough
Aw, shucks. I'm not sure about that, but thanks.
What would Wavy do?
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3631 Posts

Personally iv been using this as more of a "street magic" type of thing for my own fun. the illusion is so good, because people don;t know your a magician they don;t know what to think
J.Robert
View Profile
Loyal user
Gettysburg, PA
240 Posts

Profile of J.Robert
I don't know about just performing this on the street to people who don't know your a magi. If I saw someone pull out a blade and then proceed to cut himself, I'd be on the phone with the police or maybe tackle the person. From being a professional firefighter, I know the police where I work would have no trouble tazing you if they saw you doing that!
DougNicols
View Profile
Special user
846 Posts

Profile of DougNicols
Quote:
On 2007-10-19 12:37, J.Robert wrote:
I know the police where I work would have no trouble tazing you if they saw you doing that!

From what I've seen on YouTube, police have zero problems tazing you for any random action you do. Tasing peaceful protesters is my personal favorite.
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3631 Posts

Well you make it a performance. and not just watch and slice your self. and I don;t walk around the streets looking for people. just a fun thing to do
Slappy
View Profile
Loyal user
North Hollywood, CA
266 Posts

Profile of Slappy
I just had an interesting idea (I know...YOU'LL be the judge of THAT...lol). Start with the pen thru dollar bill...stressing the healing power you have developed through yoga. Move to the Needle through balloon. A much sharper, more dangerous object. With this you stress the ability to puncture delecate objects without causing damage, etc...then you bring out the Horror cutter..."ooops, this wasn't supposed to hurt..."
"Help, I've got a silver ball stuck on my thumb"
dahih beik
View Profile
Special user
palestine
817 Posts

Profile of dahih beik
I had this it is great and looks so real I have one complaine they could have used a bigger knife the size of the blade makes it easy to brake and less visible it works only for close up that's why I sold mine.
J.Robert
View Profile
Loyal user
Gettysburg, PA
240 Posts

Profile of J.Robert
My blade isn't looking too good anymore either, anyone able to get a replacement?
bosque
View Profile
Loyal user
279 Posts

Profile of bosque
My blade broke after 3 performances and cleanings. So much for the Halloween show... Any word on replacement blades?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Zoran's Horror Cutter (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL