The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Stage Illusions » » I have a question! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

IlDaDe
View Profile
Veteran user
314 Posts

Profile of IlDaDe
Sorry if I write here, but I don't know where to ask!

I need a Dancing Hank and a Dancing Cane that I can do not only on stage, but also in a restaurant or in close up!
Have you got any tip?
Thanks
EddyRay
View Profile
Special user
United States Of America
525 Posts

Profile of EddyRay
Quote:
On 2007-02-25 10:05, IlDaDe wrote:
Sorry if I write here, but I don't know where to ask!

I need a Dancing Hank and a Dancing Cane that I can do not only on stage, but also in a restaurant or in close up!
Have you got any tip?
Thanks




For the Dancing Hank you could try Waltzing Matilda, I got mine from Bob Little at his convention a couple of years ago. I can't help you with a dancing cane close up.
IlDaDe
View Profile
Veteran user
314 Posts

Profile of IlDaDe
Quote:
On 2007-02-25 10:48, EddyRay wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-02-25 10:05, IlDaDe wrote:
Sorry if I write here, but I don't know where to ask!

I need a Dancing Hank and a Dancing Cane that I can do not only on stage, but also in a restaurant or in close up!
Have you got any tip?
Thanks




For the Dancing Hank you could try Waltzing Matilda, I got mine from Bob Little at his convention a couple of years ago. I can't help you with a dancing cane close up.


And you're satisfied? Smile
Have you got a video?
Is good for close up or restaurant? Thanks a lot!
Lou Hilario
View Profile
Inner circle
2222 Posts

Profile of Lou Hilario
Not possible!
Magic, Illusions, Juggling, Puppet & Parrot Show ^0^
http://www.louhilario.net
chmara
View Profile
Inner circle
Tucson, AZ
1903 Posts

Profile of chmara
Lou --

Is that a statement or a challenge? Knowing your work over the years I am sure you use a couple of techiques that could bridge the void -- but I am just a sure that bo ONE system would work for both -- with ITR coming closest.

Gregg

BTW - are you still living in the smaller community?
Gregg (C. H. Mara) Chmara

Commercial Operations, LLC

Tucson, AZ



C. H. Mara Illusion & Psychic Entertainments
IlDaDe
View Profile
Veteran user
314 Posts

Profile of IlDaDe
Quote:
On 2007-02-25 12:04, Lou Hilario wrote:
Not possible!



Today I've seen a mage performing a dancing cane in the street.. I think is possible!
EddyRay
View Profile
Special user
United States Of America
525 Posts

Profile of EddyRay
The street isn't a restaurant and not necessairly close-up. I would never do such a routine in the street with the dancing cane, EVER. It is inviting exposure.
Lou Hilario
View Profile
Inner circle
2222 Posts

Profile of Lou Hilario
Quote:
On 2007-02-25 12:30, chmara wrote:
Lou --

Is that a statement or a challenge? Knowing your work over the years I am sure you use a couple of techiques that could bridge the void -- but I am just a sure that bo ONE system would work for both -- with ITR coming closest.

Gregg

BTW - are you still living in the smaller community?


Hi Gregg,

No, I'm now back in the metropolis for the past 4 years now.

The poster was asking if it could be performed in a restaurant or street setting.
As for the dancing hank (Bogunia), I've been there and done that, and IMO it is not effective at all. I also tried the invisible thread in bottle up close and not effective, too. The dancing hank is best performed on a stage with the audience 10 feet away or more.

As for the dancing cane, it is possible with a controlled light setting but not outdoors in broad daylight.
Magic, Illusions, Juggling, Puppet & Parrot Show ^0^
http://www.louhilario.net
Christopher Starr
View Profile
Inner circle
Heart of America
1851 Posts

Profile of Christopher Starr
I agree with Lou - both of these effects are stage/platform items. Not for closeup.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Stage Illusions » » I have a question! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL