The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » (Five Times Five Japan) Lie Detector - Kuniyasu Fujiwara (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

msc455magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Taipei, Taiwan
1523 Posts

Profile of msc455magic
"Fujiwara displays a long and narrow manila envelope which, he says, contains a prediction. He shuffles a deck and a spectator selects a card - the Six of Hearts. Fujiwara turns over the envelope to reveal that it has a cellophane window, through which are some visible indecipherable black lines. The prediction is removed from the envelope and it is seen to consist of several connected pieces of clear plastic with apparently random black lines on various spots, along with a few Heart pips. He explains that it is a lie detector and will determine truthful answers to some questions he is about to ask. Fujiwara says, "Is the card you selected a Heart?" The spectator says "Yes." The prediction is instantly folded and the random black lines come together to form the word TRUE. There are also four Heart pips, and they are now in the position to indicate that a Four of Hearts was chosen. Fujiwara says, "Did you select the Four of Hearts?" "No," replies the spectator. Fujiwara takes the selected card and holds it up beside the prediction to confirm that two Heart pips are missing. The prediction is squeezed and the black lines rearrange themselves: the word TRUE disappears and the numeral 6 appears in its place. "You chose the Six of Hearts," Fujiwara confirms. He uses the Six of Hearts, which he is still holding beside the prediction, to point out each of the four Heart pips. Instantaneously the plastic flexes and the word TRUE reappears, now surrounded by six Heart pips in the proper position to indicate the Six of Hearts. (Five Times Five Japan, Kaufman, 79)

This is another fine item which shows the brilliance of Japanese magic. I overlooked this effect many times, but I finally sat down yesterday and constructed the necessary props for this. And I'm glad that I did. This is certainly one of the best effects from the book and in my opinion, it is also one of the most unique versions of the classic Lie Detector effect ever invented.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtyTDQIaFrU

Best,
msc455magic
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Thanks,

Wonderful to find these items in performance.

:)
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Pavloter
View Profile
Special user
529 Posts

Profile of Pavloter
Really nice.
Pavlo
magicman899
View Profile
Special user
506 Posts

Profile of magicman899
Very nice.
Deluzion
View Profile
Loyal user
217 Posts

Profile of Deluzion
Very nice indeed! I like it!
Deluzion
Goku
View Profile
New user
Japan
92 Posts

Profile of Goku
It's another great video msc455magic, maybe you should make a Five times Five DVD and I'm sure there will be a lot of people would purchase it.

Goku
DSmagic
View Profile
Regular user
London
132 Posts

Profile of DSmagic
Very nice, gonna have to have a better read if that effect
msc455magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Taipei, Taiwan
1523 Posts

Profile of msc455magic
Thanks for the comments everybody! There are still numerous items from Five Times Five Japan that are not recorded. The reason to that is because I don't have the necessary props for those particular effects.

For the people who have the book (and give it the same enthusiasm as I do) and have the necessary props to some of those effects, please feel free to demo them.

All of the effects in the book are better than they sound, and the only way for us to realize that is to watch somebody's performance of them.

Best,
msc455magic
Mesquita
View Profile
Special user
917 Posts

Profile of Mesquita
Thanks! Very good idea!

Regards,

Mesquita
"Siempre somos tres me acompaña la luna y me sigue mi sombra" René Lavand
Silly Walter the Polar Bear
View Profile
Special user
506 Posts

Profile of Silly Walter the Polar Bear
It looks cool but unfortunately it screams force. You will probably get asked if you could have done it with a different card. Still, it looks good when you perform it.
ShaunRobison
View Profile
Loyal user
255 Posts

Profile of ShaunRobison
The Magic of Japan has been one of my favorite books since it first came out. I bought it because of Ambitious Clip and loved every trick in the book. That was over 10 years ago. My middle finger STILL hurts from trying to stretch it so I could do the 360 degree fan...

That was a great trick and I am glad Hsu choose that book to learn all the effects from. Glad I am not the only one..

Shaun
www.shaunrobison.com
Magic and Illustrations
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » (Five Times Five Japan) Lie Detector - Kuniyasu Fujiwara (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL