We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Zombie ball (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Austini
View Profile
New user
CA, Temecula
48 Posts

Profile of Austini
What is the best beginner zombie ball that I could get. Im goin to incorporate a zombie routine into my show and just wanted to know a cheap but good zombie balls for a beginner.
Daniel Faith
View Profile
Inner circle
Neenah, Wisconsin
1526 Posts

Profile of Daniel Faith
The most inexpensive one you can find. You will damage it at some point
so don't spend much at first. You may find you don't even like doing it.
Daniel Faith
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6748 Posts

Profile of Dougini
I like Morrissey Magic.

$24 is a VERY good price. All three sizes are the same price.

3 1/2 inch (too small in my opinion)

4 1/2 inch (perfect size)

5 inch (a bit heavier, but very VISIBLE on stage)

All come with the necessary gimmick and instructions...but no cloth.

Here ya go:

http://www.morrisseymagic.com/zombie1a.htm#z

Hope this helps! Let us know!

P.S. Oh, and make sure you practice with a BLANKET on the floor! You WILL drop it while you're practicing. It'll look like a GOLF ball if you don't pad the floor!

Doug
Jeb Sherrill
View Profile
Inner circle
Elsewhere
1161 Posts

Profile of Jeb Sherrill
Yep, Morrisseys are a great starter and unfortunately one of the few to make a 5" Ball (which are required for some of my techniques. You will dent them, but at $24 you can't beat them.

Jeb
I don't believe in reincarnation, but I may have in another life.
Ryan:Ruple
View Profile
New user
Mandeville, LA
39 Posts

Profile of Ryan:Ruple
I'm also interested in starting with Zombie Ball routines. Do they NEED the foulard, or can you do without it with the right lighting?

--Ryan
WagsterMagic
View Profile
Special user
Myrtle Beach, SC
639 Posts

Profile of WagsterMagic
Unless you wear all black and are 30ft. away and with just enough light to see you with, yes you can do it without a foulard. But if not then you need the foulard. It is not a string trick.

Best
Brandon
The Wagsters: World Class Magic & Illusion
www.wagstermagic.com
Ryan:Ruple
View Profile
New user
Mandeville, LA
39 Posts

Profile of Ryan:Ruple
Well the black fits my style, but the foulard always gets to me. Do you know of any good Zombie routines that don't rely on the foulard?

--Ryan
mcharisse
View Profile
Inner circle
York. PA
1218 Posts

Profile of mcharisse
The Don Wayne floating ball could be considered a zambie without a foulard, but it's a different trick. You can have a hole in the foulard, but really, it is part and parcel of the zombie as a trick...

mARC THE mAGIC MAN
WagsterMagic
View Profile
Special user
Myrtle Beach, SC
639 Posts

Profile of WagsterMagic
Check out learn to levitate with Michael maxwell. He has a nice stage version of the "zombie" without the foulard.

Best
Brandon
The Wagsters: World Class Magic & Illusion
www.wagstermagic.com
mattmccoy
View Profile
Loyal user
203 Posts

Profile of mattmccoy
There was a thread not too long ago on different floating ball tricks. I think what you might be interested in is the okito ball. Do a search here on the Café.

Matt
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24098 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I would not recommend doing Zombie without a foulard. But there are different ways a floating ball can be performed with t****d. I do have an old book about how to make things float. One trick was making a ball float and waving a sword around it to show nothing connected.
Jeb Sherrill
View Profile
Inner circle
Elsewhere
1161 Posts

Profile of Jeb Sherrill
There are a few methods for floating a Zombie ball without a foulard. I have a couple on Vol.2 of my Zombie Re-Animated DVDs, namely my "Foulardless Zombie". It's a routine I came up with many years ago. It only lasts about a minute though and I usually use it to go into the rest of my routine. It proves that the ball floats before I even introduce the foulard.

I'll tell you this though, and I can't stress it enough, "Don't look at the foulard as a problem." Too many performs think of the foulard merely as something to hide the gimmick. If you look at it only in this way, then the audience will look at it that way as well.

Think in terms of inner dialouge. Decide that the foulard is being used to guide, hold, catpure or caress etc. the ball. The ball IS floating and the foulard is there as part of the act, not just a visible block. The ball, the foulard and you, can all be characters in your act.

The bottom line is, if you look at the foulard as a good thing, instead of a bad thing, it will change the whole routine.

Jeb
I don't believe in reincarnation, but I may have in another life.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Zombie ball (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL