The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Impacting "Creating Impact" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Nicholas
View Profile
Special user
I predict that I now have
900 Posts

Profile of Nicholas
I agree wholeheartedly with all of the positive comments that others have already made. But, I would like to add that Alan's ebook title, "Creating Impact" is very well chosen. I believe he has, through his knowledge of conversational hypnosis, given the well known performance concept of "building to a climax" a complete overhaul. Rather than "building to a climax," Alan shows you how to guide your participant to experience maximum impact from their experience with you. And, that makes a world of difference. And, Alan is very clear in describing how one goes about doing this. Although I have not had this ebook for a very long period of time, I have had an opportunity to apply Alan's performance model/template within the context of a routine that popped into mind after reading Creating Impact. All I can say is, this is Alan's second home run. I can't wait for his next offering! Best wishes!
Nicholas
psi-co
View Profile
Regular user
South Africa
134 Posts

Profile of psi-co
Hey Nicholas, nice review. Thanks man. I'm so happy to see you guys finding more than just the surface effects in Creating Impact. It was intended to be seen on different levels, and is more about routine structure, themes and using conversational hypnosis to drive the experience home. Having said that, don't discount the actual effects either, these are very simple but pack a great, erm... impact.

I've expressed my thanks to you already Ray, but thanks again for posting your review here. Hopefully this little book is opening the doors in your own performances.

-Alan
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Alan,
I did this effect Friday night and it just killed! This is a KEEPER!

Best
Ray
psi-co
View Profile
Regular user
South Africa
134 Posts

Profile of psi-co
Quote:
On 2007-03-11 06:11, Magical Dimensions wrote:
Alan,
I did this effect Friday night and it just killed! This is a KEEPER!

Best
Ray

:) It does, doesn't it?

I hope you left the cards with the participant? Did I mention that after a year a certain young lady was still carrying the cards in her bag and couldn't stop talking about it? I M P A C T ! ! !
psi-co
View Profile
Regular user
South Africa
134 Posts

Profile of psi-co
Hey, I'm just letting you guys and girls know that I've updated my site to include a Paypal Shopping Cart, and you can use a credit card for purchases if it suits you.

Also, I have a new book coming out soon - within the next week or so - so be on the lookout for that! Smile

Thanx

-Alan
David Numen
View Profile
Inner circle
2043 Posts

Profile of David Numen
Two of my most favourite releases in Mentalism are Osterlind’s Mind Mysteries Vol 1 and Stuart Cumberland’s update of Annemann’s One Man Psychic Act. Both inspired me beyond just enjoying the work and liking the ideas – they actually got me working on an act and getting off my butt to perform it. Both warrant serious study as to how a Mental Act can and should be shaped. In fact I think it would behoove all would-be performers to put serious work into studying the Annemann Act and searching within themselves on how they can present it before branching out into more elaborate work.

So why am I harping on about these other releases when this is a thread about Alan Strydom’s “Creating Impact”? Simply because Alan’s wonderful ebook easily sits with those other works as a treatise on actually doing it rather than a presentation of a neat idea or a collection of random effects. This is a well thought out routine for a one on one situation or small group. If you perform this people will believe in you – not just because of the material but because of the level of plausibility Alan has built in to the routine. There’s nothing overly difficult or new in the effects – but that’s not where the power of this routine lies. Read it, absorb it, then imagine yourself performing it and as you do that, look for subtle variations and little things you may wish to do differently from the text. Those little pieces are the key to your own performing personality and finding that is the single most important factor to developing as a performer and the one area most sadly neglected in magic and mentalism. Any work which keeps it simple but powerful is a stepping stone to developing that personality and Alan’s excellent ebook will give you a routine which has enough power to stand on it’s own but is also simple enough that you can easily insert your own personality into it and develop it into something even greater.

It’s also worth studying purely for the aforementioned plausibility aspect – you may not like or agree with Alan’s take but that’s OK. It’s a great model for study on how YOU can find your own plausibility level.

Best,

David.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Impacting "Creating Impact" (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL