The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Ringkey Dinkey users - advice please! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

domclarke
View Profile
Regular user
Windsor, UK
118 Posts

Profile of domclarke
I have the Ringkey Dinkey product and would like advice on specific handling of the clip in performance, particularly initially taking it and then the grip used.

If any of you guys are regularly performing this I would be grateful for your thoughts on the most effective technique.

Regards,
Dominic
Indyfan
View Profile
Regular user
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
173 Posts

Profile of Indyfan
Sorry, it's one of those gimmicks I bought, but never used. There are more precautions than anything. I've heard of them breaking, and I've heard of the rings falling off, and flying across the bar/restaurant/cruise ship or wherever you are.

Just be careful with it. You may end up having to replace someone's beautiful (and expensive) engagement ring!
Amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.
Wesley
View Profile
New user
Sheffield U.K
56 Posts

Profile of Wesley
I don't use rinkey dinkey due to the bad reports about them. I do however use iMAKulate Ring flight which at first I found trick to clip the ring on.

My advice to you is to just keep practicing and you'll get there. I think the most important thing is to be able to take the ring off the spectator and be able to keep eye contact with them while you clip the ring on.
Aroy
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of Aroy
I have used this quite a few times and found a rather easy modus operandi.

I bend a paper clip into a small hook and clip this bent paper clip onto my belt.

The rinky dink is in the rear pocket ( you will have to experiment to find out the best possible position for the key to be in for it to work smoothly).

Now pull the rinky dink clip out and slip it onto the bent paper clip hook. It will stay there until needed.

Albeit a little noisy, I have found that the release move, if done on the off beat with the patter inflections at the right moment together with the right body and hand movements, covers this noise.

Hope this helps.

Have fun with it.
g0thike
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of g0thike
The clip supplied with the Rinkey Dink sucks and scratched rings.

Replace it with the Whit Haydn "Perfect Ring Clip". TRUST ME ON THIS ONE.
G0THIKE
Aroy
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of Aroy
Would not disagree with you at all g0thike!

It would definitely make for smoother handling.

ROY
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Ringkey Dinkey users - advice please! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL