We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Changing multiplying candles (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

markis
View Profile
Veteran user
379 Posts

Profile of markis
I have a standard set of multiplying candles that I no longer light while performing and I would like to change them into something else. Anybody have any suggestions? I thought about adding red spiral strips to them to make them look like candy canes but I think they are too short and stubby for the audience to get it.
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11161 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Batteries? Even comically oversized ones.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
markis
View Profile
Veteran user
379 Posts

Profile of markis
Nice one Mike, thanks
graywolf
View Profile
Special user
South carolina
631 Posts

Profile of graywolf
Why don't you lite them???Cordially,Howard
markis
View Profile
Veteran user
379 Posts

Profile of markis
Because it's a liability and dangerous. Especially in locations with concentrated oxygen present such as nursing homes or hospitals.
London
View Profile
Special user
U.S.A.
769 Posts

Profile of London
You can say that again.
THOUGHTfully,

LONDON
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
You can fit them with LEDs and do the multiplying electric LED candles, but since we don't know the context in which you perform multiplying candles in the first place, there's not much we can suggest that wouldn't be a wild guess as to what will fit in there for you. What are the tricks you perform before and after the candles, for instance? Are you currently performing the multiplying candles just because you have a set and can stick them there, or is there a logical reason why you have been candle-ing all this time?
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15111 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
I would agree with spellbinder on this one. I think it would help to get a sense of your character and what you are trying to do with the act or the show. This way we can better help you and to address answers that would fit in with what you are trying to do and make sense to the character as well.

Kyle
Kyle Peron

http://www.kylekellymagic.com

Entertainers Product Site

http://kpmagicproducts.com

Join Our Facebook Fan Page at

http://facebook.com/perondesign
markis
View Profile
Veteran user
379 Posts

Profile of markis
Yup, spellbinder is right. I got a set of candles and I stuck them in there which is part of reason I asked the question other than the fear of lighting them.

As far as the character, I basically play a bumbling type of guy that things don't go as they should but still end up being magical. i.e. I put a silhouette cutout of a dove into my clatter box in hopes of changing it to a real bird but instead it changes to a dish-rag chicken hanging from its leg. That is the kind of hilarity I offer :-/
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24098 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On 2007-03-02 14:06, markis wrote:

As far as the character, I basically play a bumbling type of guy that things don't go as they should but still end up being magical.

Try painting them as if they are magic wands. But the last wand appears as a candle, cigar, etc. as if it was a mistake. Or use any other object from the start, but make it look as you can not get the last appearance to come right. That will make it humorous if you do the right acting.

Another theme is to make all the candles appear. Reach up in the air to grab a light using a *-l**e. Light each candle one at a time by the light you grabbed in the air for each candle. The candles can really light by led lights.

You can even put both the above ideas together. Make a candle appear, light it by a light you grabbed in the air. Continue with the next candles. Instead of having a last candle appear, it was a hot dog, or something dealing with a dove/chicken.
markis
View Profile
Veteran user
379 Posts

Profile of markis
Thanks Mike, nice idea.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Changing multiplying candles (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL